Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: EB 1.2 MINI MOD PACK!

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

Default EB 1.2 MINI MOD PACK!

Europa Barbarorum 1.2 submod pack 3.1

This pack should -in theory- be save game compatible with EB 1.2. However I wouldn't bet my life on it, so... you might wan't to think if you're willing to risk your on-going campaign, at least till someone confirms the SGC (Save Game...)

To previous users
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The new pack isn't save game compatible with the old one

This is compilation of several amazing mini-mods that can be found here, but since there are some incompatibilities with some of them- besides the fact that you have to search them, I made a pack which has them all enabled and fully updated -with official fixes- with the commodity of just having to unzip it to make it work

You dont need to do anything but download the pack Now I didn't took a chance , I also included EVERY official fix, so... you DON'T need to apply ANY official fix after using this.

Technically it works with ANY version of EB 1.2 you might have!. I dont think you don't need to reinstall or anything to get this working (hasn't been tested with BI).

However RTW.exe pack comes without the aquilifer unit , since RTW.exe can't handle more units, there's no planned version for BI.exe , since I haven't used it... and I don't know what to expect, if there's many requests for a BI version I'll investigate how to do it

If you would like to have ALEXANDER send me a PM so I can help you with it

List of used minimods
    • ALEXANDER.exe; thanks to maksimus for the wonderful instructions on how to make the swap between exes.
    • AI Battle Formation Mods* ; by --Sinhuet and special thanks to Lysander13 for the compilation
    • Spoils of Victory; by V.T. Marvin
    • Some trait changes (command stars & cursus honorum) by konny.
    • Win Conditions; originally by JRMC and special thanks to konny for making a new 1.2 version
    • Roman Allied Legions; by konny
    • Aquilifer unit; by lt1956, creator of the SPQR mod
    • Force Diplomacy Minimod; by DimeBagHo , update byJarardo
    • Darth Stalin's 1.1 Romani Fix with "corrected" Gallic Helm
    • MP Swapper; by ||Lz3||

Download
    here's the link for alex.exe version (you need to have CA Alexander expansion installed)

here's the link for RTW.exe users!

And if for some reason you would like to go back to your original un-modded files , here's the link (UPDATED, this will get you a clean EB 1.2 instalation)
    Here

Instructions (for all packs)
    1-Make sure you have the sprites fix applied
    2-Download it...

Important[*]Custom EB fix adaptation. Download. Instruction: Unpack into <RTW directory>/EB/data.
    (If you use the 'Official' fix from bovi's thread, it will overwrite spoils of victory mod. That aside, this one is identical and you really should use it)

NOTES
    • I included a map.rwm to every pack and mayor fixes , so in theory you don't need to erase yours.
    • This time I used .rar files, if you don't have winrar yet , download it here http://www.win-rar.com/download.html
    • If you would like to change anything related to AI formations you can download them (along with EB regular formations) at the original thread and apply them after using this pack with no problems at all.
      https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=90313
    • If you would like to have regular recruitment as the romans , download this (for both versions)

Instructions
      1-Unpack in your EB data folder
    • Pack 3.1 Known limitations
      • Faction window problem...
        A minor one , for faction page (the one where a map tells you what are your objectives) there seems to be a problem , since there's text everywhere...(behind the map) its caused by victory_conditions mod , however , its not really annoying I prefer the mod ,however if you would like to restore that you can do so by downloading this:
        http://rapidshare.com/files/12601308...s_fix.zip.html
        Instructions
        1-unpack it in your EB Data folder
        NOTE:this will erase victory conditions mod :(
        (however the solution is not retroactive, that means it wont have effect until you start a new campaign, either way it's just a minor distraction )
        alternately you can fix this yourself for the faction you want to play, just enter to:
        C:\programfiles\Activision\Rome - Total War\EB\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign and look for a descr_win_conditions ,open it and erase the block of text for the faction you want to "fix" ,here's the faction list for that purpose:
        ; ############## ARCHE SELEUKEIA ##############
        faction_relationships romans_julii,
        ; ############## BAKTRIA ##############
        faction_relationships romans_brutii,
        ; ############## HAYASDAN ##############
        faction_relationships romans_scipii,
        ; ############## MAKEDONIA ##############
        faction_relationships macedon,
        ; ############## QARTHADASTIM ##############
        faction_relationships egypt,
        ; ############## SABYN ##############
        faction_relationships saba,
        ; ############## ROMANI ##############
        faction_relationships seleucid,
        ; ############## PONTOS ##############
        faction_relationships carthage,
        ; ############## PARTHIA ##############
        faction_relationships parthia,
        ; ############## SAKA RAUKA ##############
        faction_relationships pontus,
        ; ############## AEDUI ##############
        faction_relationships gauls,

; ############## SWEBOZ ##############
        faction_relationships germans,
        ; ############## CASSE ##############
        faction_relationships britons,

; ############## SAUROMATAE ##############
        faction_relationships armenia,
        ; ############## GETAI ##############
        faction_relationships dacia,
        ; ############## KOINON HELLENON ##############
        faction_relationships greek_cities,

; ############## PTOLEMAIOI ##############
        faction_relationships numidia,
        ; ############## ARVENI ##############
        faction_relationships scythia,

; ############## LUSOTANNON ##############
        faction_relationships spain,
        ; ############## EPEIROS ##############
        faction_relationships thrace,

; ############## ELEUTHEROI ##############
        faction_relationships slave,

but remember ,that faction wont longer have vic conditions , so after you finish your campaign I suggest re-apply my pack, If you have a problem with doing so , let me know

City mod
    With this add on you'll be able to use city mod properties alongside the other mods
    Version 5.1a
    • City mod 5.1a for mod pack with allied recruitment mod enabled Here
    • City mod 5.1a for mod pack with allied recruitment mod disabled Here

Version5.1b
    • City mod 5.1b for mod pack with allied recruitment mod enabled Here
    • City mod 5.1b for mod pack with allied recruitment mod disabled Here

Phalanx mod
    Alexander.exe version here
    RTW.exe version Here

RS Textures Independent and optional (take a look at the screenshots!)
    EB original textures are great textures , but just take a look at these ones! (hope the EB designer , or the EB team don't take it bad hehe ),
    First of all I want to thank RedFox for making these wonderful textures and the Roma Surrectum team for allowing me to use their files

so here's the link! enjoy
    http://rapidshare.com/files/12595008...tures.zip.html

and here's the link for the original EB textures
    http://rapidshare.com/files/12599941...types.zip.html

Instructions
    1-Download it...
    2-Unpack in your EB folder (that is C:\programfiles\Activision\Rome - Total War\EB)
    (or unpack it wherever you want and copy paste)

Screenshots!
    Ok so here are some comparison screenshots, before and after

Italian peninsula

Egypt

European forest

Naval strat map add on Independent and optional *Warning, I don't have backup files for this mod
    I'll quote Lysander13 in this one, since well he did all the job
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysander13 View Post
    Ave Fellow EB Fans,

This small Mini-Mod for EB 1.1 will add new naval ships, trade ships & wagons, as well as new siege & naval blockade icons to EB's strategy map. All stratmap models are the great works of Riczu74. Here's a small preview....

Romani

Aedui & Casse

Koinon Hellenon

Ptolemaioi

Karthadastim **Notice as well the new trade ships**

Saba

Makedonia

Getai

Arveni

Arche Seleukeia

Epeiros

Hayasdan

Lusotannan

Pontos

Eleutheroi

Siege & Naval Blockade Icons

The handful of factions i did not preview will have similar naval ships to their neighbor faction or bretheren so to speak but their own banners and texture. For example the Sweboz will use the same type ship as the Casse and Aedui but will have their own banners and texture of course.

I would like to thank Riczu74 for his great work and for graciously allowing me to use it in the form of this mini-mod/add-on for EB. Here is Riczu74's link to his forum over at TWC, in case anyone is interested in seeing some of his other work.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36584

Of course i would also like to thank The EB Team for providing us their fans with this great mod and this sub-forum for the unofficial fan made stuff.

Installation Instructions:
    Installation is very simple as i took the liberty of putting everything in an installer.

1) Download and run installer.
    2) Point installer to your main RTW Directory where you have EB installed. For example my directory looks like this:
    C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Europa Barbarorum
    your's may be
    C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome Total War
    or whatever you may have renamed it to.
    3) Click Install. Installer will take care of the rest.

Download Links:
    FileFront:
    http://www.filefront.com/14477617/Th...atMap-Mod.exe/

Vale,
    L13

Descriptions
    Next a list of the mini mods used and a brief description of what they do, but I suggest you to read the full descriptions at their original thread

ALEXANDER.exe; Thanks to Maksimus for his wonderful instructions (use alex.exe , there’s so much info that you probably better go read the original thread, but it makes the game more stable, allows night battles, better AI , enemy retrains)

Spoils of Victory for EB; by V.T. Marvin (Well basically after a large battle you’re able to get some profits out of the dead bodies left on the battlefield, collecting metals , weapons and armors ,which translate into mnai)

Some trait changes (command stars & cursus honorum) by konny. (It makes easier to get more stars for your generals since they don’t longer loose them for just being “lovers of beauty”, and the romani elections are improved , now you’ll get more appropriate FMs getting senate offices)

Win Conditions; originally by JRMC and special thanks to konny for making a new version (it adds victory conditions to the campaign AI ,the current EB has that file empty , and this will improve AI behavior during campaign making it more historical.)

Roman Allied Legions; by konny (“In the early periode you can recruite core Roman troops in Rome only. In the other Italian provinces you can recruite units that are very much the same, but still different. After the Polybian reforms your zone of recruitement is expanded to all of Italy plus "Gallia Togata". For houserule purposes the allied Legions are always labeled by their home province.”)

Darth Stalin's 1.1 Romani Fix with "corrected" Gallic Helm; by Darth Stalin and special thanks to mucky for the fix using Gallic helm submitted by Obelics (it improves A LOT the skins of cohorts imperatorial , cohorts evocate, and cohorts praetoriana)

MP Swapper; by||Lz3|| (Swaps captain for FMs when playing MP, you won't have to rely on those pesky captains to lead your royal armies)

Aquilifer unit; by lt1956, creator of the SPQR mod (It adds a new signifier , officer to roman first cohorts , it’s a guy carrying a gold eagle)
    Screenshot

Force Diplomacy Minimod; by DimeBagHo , update byJarardo(when you activate it you force the AI to accept your diplomatic offers , you know for example when they only have 1 city left and still refuse a ceasefire…) *if you don’t want to use FD just don’t use it and there wont be any difference

Instructions for FD

In order to use the force diplomacy script, you must first hit ESC, then game options, then click the "Reset Advisor" button, then click the checkmark to close the scroll!

Then have one of your diplomats engage the AI, propose whatever you want,you must then click on the"?"
    button, the advisor will apear, with text that reads "You can force this faction to accept your offer by clicking on the "show me how" button." If it says something about victory conditions, YOU HAVE DONE IT WRONG! START OVER!

Click on the "Show me how button", the AI will now accept it, as long as it has it! The AI will not give you things it doesn't have(Like money).

This will only work one time per use, if you wish to force the AI again, you must start the process over!

Then I suggest saving and then loading , to avoid any flashing cities…:p

AI Battle Formation Mods ; by --Darth Vader ---Marcus Camillus from RTR Platinum ---Snake_IV from the old RTR forums for the Battle Formation Buttons for the user interface. And special thanks to Lysander13 for the compilation (it improves enemy behavior during battles, make them use better formations)

Suggestions
    : to get this fully working for romans , I suggest selecting all your roman troops (that’s omitting the allies ) and press ctrl+1, then use one of the formations , then add allies manually to the formation , select everyone again and press “G” twice , then press ctrl+1 again.
    Now you can move your hole army without messing your formation every time you want to move

enjoy
    Last edited by ||Lz3||; 06-29-2010 at 22:34.
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

Default Re: EB 1.1 MINI MOD PACK!

AWESOME ! !

but, the alex.ex eb, to make it work i need to follow all those 1 font colored texts of maksimus before installing this package?

and thanks again! ^^
    Ser mineiro é, antes de tudo, um estado de espírito.

El bien perdido

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwfhJy6JwPg
    A don Jose! Oriental en la vida e en la muerte tambien!

nope eveything is there you dont need to do anything else

the only thing is that you need to have CA Alexander expansion for vanilla RTW , so the EB alex can work
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Many thanks, this is really a good idea
    Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post
    RESPECT
    from Ibrahim

nope eveything is there you dont need to do anything else

the only thing is that you need to have CA Alexander expansion for vanilla RTW , so the EB alex can work
    no imortal dudes or bugs after historical battles then?

El bien perdido

Quote Originally Posted by Havok. View Post
    no imortal dudes or bugs after historical battles then?
    that's right!

I didn't know there were bugs after historical battles though
    Last edited by ||Lz3||; 06-28-2008 at 21:10.
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

I'm pretty sure that maksimus said something about heroic victories bugs, though i'm not -that- sure if they fixed

but anyways: i'm your follower now! thanks for this mate! ^^

ps: sega alex wont work with this?
    ps2:

can you consider puting the AI balacing mini-mod too?
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=87649
    Last edited by Havok.; 06-28-2008 at 21:20.

El bien perdido

Quote Originally Posted by Havok. View Post
    I'm pretty sure that maksimus said something about heroic victories bugs, though i'm not -that- sure if they fixed

but anyways: i'm your follower now! thanks for this mate! ^^

ps: sega alex wont work with this?
    emm... well.. I've had several heroic victorys myself ...and well if you use the 15-30 seconds tip you shouldn't have problems... , I'ts the same problem when using RTW.exe ,

and...what's sega version?

(PS: if someone has problems with your alex versions let me know )
    Last edited by ||Lz3||; 06-28-2008 at 21:49.
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Quote Originally Posted by ||Lz3|| View Post
    emm... well.. I've had several heroic victorys myself ...and well if you use the 15-30 seconds tip you shouldn't have problems... , I'ts the same problem when using RTW.exe ,

and...what's sega version?

(PS: if someone has problems with your alex versions let me know )
    Nevermind, i'll stick with my Hay campaign till you upload konny's roman recruting thing

and read up there in my other post about the Ai balacing mini-mod, its very useful too!

El bien perdido

well... It shouldn't be hard to include the AI balancing... the only thing would be that there are currently 3 versions of that minimod (aggresive...for roleplay ...you get the idea) , so... I dont know, I could be uploading those ones as well for those interested... that would need 6 more links

and about konny's changes , you can use this pack and then just download the update (only one file needs to be changed...I thnk...) it should be savegame compatible

EDIT: CRAP! I'm looking at the script used by AI balancing minimod EBBS script and it's a mess! I'm clueless on how to merge it :S I think I'll have to ask for help to do it
    Last edited by ||Lz3||; 06-29-2008 at 01:26.
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

UPDATE: now there's a RTW.exe version as well as the original files for both versions
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Please put the files for RS Campaign maps colors because I tried 4 times to edit myself, following the instructions from forum and every time I get a pink color for the dirt and this is because there is something wrong with the texture and maybe the hight of the ground... I am very curious to play on a changed colored map.
    von Neurath

the RTW.exe version doesn't seem to be working. It crashes at the EB intro/loading screen. what all do i need to have installed first?

crap! really?? uh oh... then I think its my bad heheh I got a little confused at the end and I ended up with 2 "version" of RTW.exe , one works the other doesnt...

I'm going to re-upload it but in the meantime... I think the only thing that was wrong was the EDU , I forgot to change the ones in SP backup and MP backup, just enter to your EB/Data folder and look for export_descr_unit file , copy and paste it into your EB/SP backup and MP backup
    Last edited by ||Lz3||; 06-29-2008 at 18:07.
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Hey, I think I got it working. I had to do a clean install of RTW.exe and EB, but it won't work unless you run EB at least once and set preferences. BTW: I need help getting alexander! I've been wanting to try that because of the improved AI.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmilt16 View Post
    Hey, I think I got it working. I had to do a clean install of RTW.exe and EB, but it won't work unless you run EB at least once and set preferences. BTW: I need help getting alexander! I've been wanting to try that because of the improved AI.
    ummm... thats weird... I dont know what that has to do with anything , anyways I'm glad that it worked , but just to be sure... I suggest you to enter your export_descr_unit(EDu) and look for "first cohort" and look if somewhere in that block of text there's a "officer, aquila..."

EDIT: Now the RTW.exe version is working as intended :P

I'll send you a PM

yay! I've got permission to upload RS textures!
    EDIT: @von_neurath

Originally Posted by thelord
    "I found out on the .net forums in the sub mods section, I won't start a thread here as I don't want to take credit for someone elses work but I will post how to do it in this thread:

Make sure you back up the files before switching them.

1) Install Roma Surrectum - be careful as it breaks rtw and is not compatible with other mods, what I did was copy all of the vanilla rtw folders and files into a new section and installed Roma Surrectum there so it did not affect EB.

2) Go to RS/Data and copy descr_aerial_map_ground_types.txt

3) Paste it into EB/Data

4) Go to RS/Data/terrain/aerial_map/ground_types and copy every file in there.

5) Delete every file in EB/Data/terrain/aerial_map/ground_types and paste the copied RS files in.

6) Open up the RS descr_aerial_map_ground_types.txt in the EB data folder and infront of every word with .tga on the end paste this in front of it : ../../../../eb/data/terrain/aerial_map/ground_types/ in front of every tga file name in descr_aerial_map_ground_types.txt. Note Do not fill in your drive or the exact direction in ../../../../ because it makes the map right pink!"
    Last edited by ||Lz3||; 06-29-2008 at 18:36.
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

thanks for this amazing compliation pack. I've been waiting so long for something like this because i love all of the mini-mods but didn't have time to do the coding to combine them all! I'm very impressed that citymod, sov, and konny's mods are all together. bravo

ummm... thats weird... I dont know what that has to do with anything , anyways I'm glad that it worked , but just to be sure... I suggest you to enter your export_descr_unit(EDu) and look for "first cohort" and look if somewhere in that block of text there's a "officer, aquila..."

EDIT: Now the RTW.exe version is working as intended :P

I'll send you a PM

yay! I've got permission to upload RS textures!
    EDIT: @von_neurath

Originally Posted by thelord
    "I found out on the .net forums in the sub mods section, I won't start a thread here as I don't want to take credit for someone elses work but I will post how to do it in this thread:

Make sure you back up the files before switching them.

1) Install Roma Surrectum - be careful as it breaks rtw and is not compatible with other mods, what I did was copy all of the vanilla rtw folders and files into a new section and installed Roma Surrectum there so it did not affect EB.

2) Go to RS/Data and copy descr_aerial_map_ground_types.txt

3) Paste it into EB/Data

4) Go to RS/Data/terrain/aerial_map/ground_types and copy every file in there.

5) Delete every file in EB/Data/terrain/aerial_map/ground_types and paste the copied RS files in.

6) Open up the RS descr_aerial_map_ground_types.txt in the EB data folder and infront of every word with .tga on the end paste this in front of it : ../../../../eb/data/terrain/aerial_map/ground_types/ in front of every tga file name in descr_aerial_map_ground_types.txt. Note Do not fill in your drive or the exact direction in ../../../../ because it makes the map right pink!"
    And if i want only the alex.exe with its sub-mods but not the textures of RS, i wont need to do this yeh?

El bien perdido

just got Alex.exe. What command line do I need to use on what .exe file to start the game properly on alex.exe?

do I use EB.exe or RTW-ALX.exe and what do i add to the target line? HELP!

you DONT need to change ANY target line

@havok , no RS textures will be optional
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

@havok , no RS textures will be optional
    Cool mate, but, could you post a RS texture here just to see if it fits my ego?

and when you'll be updating the konny recruitment for romans mini mod?

El bien perdido

emm I saw that coming it's just that I hate uploading images to forums... but oh well sure, I'll upload RS and original screen shots

and about konny's I'm still waiting for permission from konny, it's his minimod after all ,and it will be just an update (optional update) containing only 1 file , it will be savegame compatible , so you might as well start now and then apply konny's update, (same with RS textures , savegame compatible and works with ANY ANY version of 1.1 you might have)
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

emm I saw that coming it's just that I hate uploading images to forums... but oh well sure, I'll upload RS and original screen shots

and about konny's I'm still waiting for permission from konny, it's his minimod after all ,and it will be just an update (optional update) containing only 1 file , it will be savegame compatible , so you might as well start now and then apply konny's update, (same with RS textures , savegame compatible and works with ANY ANY version of 1.1 you might have)
    *Returns from his room after a bit of headbanguing and installs A:TW*

El bien perdido

ohh, forgot to ask, what about alex.exe naval use? is like BI?

El bien perdido

Is it normal for FM's to live slightly longer than usual, because in my romani campaign, Denatrus is 78 with one foot in the grave. I've never had a roman live this long!

UPDATE!!: RS textures now available!

well to be honest , I haven't had the time to actually play heheh , I've been busy doing these packs , so I only had the chance to play in alex.exe til 238 bc... before I accidentally kill it when I changed a file and forgot to make a backup

carthage send aproximately like 3 or 4 full stacks to sicily and I saw several small renforcements (from 265 to 241bc) , also macedon somehow conquered some parts of anatolia, so I think it was by naval invasion (I think its anatolia:P)

I haven't ever used BI as my .exe , since personally I prefer alex's advantages

this are the advantes of alex upon BI
    Better AI
    Organized naval invasions
    AI retrains (no personal confirmation , but maksimus has some screenshots)
    Better stability (I can't confirm this but maksimus and the ALEXANDER EB team say so)

and the advantages of BI agains alex
    more naval invasions(however people say they're rather annoying since they arent organized and usually consist of only 3 units)
    shield wall formation , warcry , and swiming
    Last edited by ||Lz3||; 06-29-2008 at 23:56.
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

The FM are still immortals?

El bien perdido

looking at the code, it I can't find the immortal code or night battle code for the alexander mod. I think that explains why my FM's won't die. Check out the EB alexander page for the instructions.

Havok, It appears the konny minimod that allows for italian allied recruitment is already included.

I must say that the performance has improved on Alex, and the faction progression is nearly spot on. Parthia is expanding into seleukia and yellow death have been held at bay with not problem for over 20 years. I haven't been in a real war yet so I can't speak about naval invasions or real diplomacy yet (1st punic war just started though).

Where is the update for the RS textures!? I can't wait to try them out!
    Last edited by bigmilt16; 06-30-2008 at 00:06.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmilt16 View Post
    looking at the code, it I can't find the immortal code or night battle code for the alexander mod. I think that explains why my FM's won't die. Check out the EB alexander page for the instructions.

Havok, It appears the konny minimod that allows for italian allied recruitment is already included.

I must say that the performance has improved on Alex, and the faction progression is nearly spot on. Parthia is expanding into seleukia and yellow death have been held at bay with not problem for over 20 years. I haven't been in a real war yet so I can't speak about naval invasions or real diplomacy yet (1st punic war just started though).

Where is the update for the RS textures!? I can't wait to try them out!
    i think he uploaded into the download file already i guess

and could someone post a RS texture example here? and this texture is for the campaign map?

El bien perdido

@bigmilt

well it could be a blow of luck but I'm sure as hell that the traits are as they're supposed to be
    everything explained in the ALEXANDER EB thread has been used in my scripts , same goes for every mod I used

in my romani campaign dentatus died at 72, or 62... dont really remember and THEN another FM died at 63 so there shouldn't bee any problem

@ havok , I'm uploading the screnshots in the mean time you can take a look at this...
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...=102473&page=3

oh and havok I think you can update your sig , now its rtw capable too
    Last edited by ||Lz3||; 06-30-2008 at 00:19.
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast