Thread: Game freezes after defeating Kypchaks

Unhappy Game freezes after defeating Kypchaks

In my KoJ campaign I have finally succeeded in taking the last Kypchak settlement at Astrakhan; however, when I do so, after the occupy/sack/exterminate screen, the game freezes when it tries to spawn a horde stack for the Kypchaks. I suspect I already know the answer to this, but is there a save-game compatible fix available for this bug? I guess I could fix it myself by making the Kypchaks non-horde but that wouldn't be save-game happy. I suppose I could simply ignore the last Kypchak settlement or make them a vassal but I believe the Khwarezmids are also a horde faction so I am concerned that I will have the same problem when they are defeated. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Game freezes after defeating Kypchaks

Yes you well have the same problem, you most wait until the horde is ready some times you most wait 15 minutes

Ah, so if I wait long enough it'll work? I gave it about 5 mins and assumed it had crashed, glad to know my precious savegame isn't kaput.

Guess I'll fight the battle again and go and make a cup of tea or something, thanks for the help.

It takes 15 min for the computer to create a horde?
    Gee! That must be some horde...
    Last edited by Mithridates VI Eupator; 07-01-2008 at 11:30.

Just done it, and yes, it is quite some horde. 6 full stacks just from tiny Astrakhan. I shudder to think what would happen if I left one of the big cities till last (of course I'm assuming the horde size still depends on population, might not be true anymore).

I got a stroke of luck though in the form of a well timed earthquake in Astrakhan which killed about 2/3 of the horde.