Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyberius Mod 2.0 Final Version Released!

If I told you, I'd have to kill you. England.

Default Re: Tyberius Mod 2.0 Final Version Released!

Hehe, I think a quick 2.2 is in order - Tyberius spelt Greece as 'Grece' on the new campaign map (the province scroll is just fine).

I sure know how to have fun, eh?
    I believe in a society without rules, laws and regulations. A society where there are only ideas - strict ideas that must be followed to by the letter - and any failure to comply is punishable by death. This would be no dictatorship or police state, no one would be living in terror. It would merely be a 'reassessment of one's preferences,' people living in 'not-so-optimistic security.' So, welcome, those who are 'longing to be blindly obedient and loyal, unbeknownst to them.'

Hello, Tyberius.

Is the mod compatible only with XL 3.0 or can I apply it to the XL light version of 2.0? The 3.0 is a 146 MB download, which is 3 hours approx on my computer. We're only allowed 2 hours of electricity at a time in Karachi...

I already have Viking Horde's smaller mod XL with the patch.

Thanks.
    A single leaf falls,
    then suddenly another,
    stolen by the breeze

RANSETSU (1654-1707)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Furze View Post
    Hello, Tyberius.

Is the mod compatible only with XL 3.0 or can I apply it to the XL light version of 2.0? The 3.0 is a 146 MB download, which is 3 hours approx on my computer. We're only allowed 2 hours of electricity at a time in Karachi...

I already have Viking Horde's smaller mod XL with the patch.

Thanks.
    See, XL 3.0 mod is no more than XL 2.0 + the patch, Indeed, I have the 2.0 + the patch, and over it I have installed my own mod. so it's perfectly compatible.

Thanks, Tyberius!

That's great.

All the best, and thanks for all the work you've put in.
    A single leaf falls,
    then suddenly another,
    stolen by the breeze

RANSETSU (1654-1707)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaidonni View Post
    Hehe, I think a quick 2.2 is in order - Tyberius spelt Greece as 'Grece' on the new campaign map (the province scroll is just fine).

I sure know how to have fun, eh?
    Oops, That's was beacause I'm spanish native speaker and in spanish greece, are spelt as "grecia" with one "e", by the way, what's the use of that extra "e"?

Hehe, even though I fancy myself as a Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar Nazi, I can sympathise. In English, I believe that 'Greece' and 'grease' sound very familiar - why aren't they spelt the same as one or the other? Then there's 'buoy,' where I prefer the Americanism, where you say it how it's spelt ('boo-ee' or something), not as 'boy.'

Of course, this also made me think of the Two Ronnies and the 'Fork Handles' sketch.
    Last edited by Kaidonni; 07-17-2008 at 15:30.
    I believe in a society without rules, laws and regulations. A society where there are only ideas - strict ideas that must be followed to by the letter - and any failure to comply is punishable by death. This would be no dictatorship or police state, no one would be living in terror. It would merely be a 'reassessment of one's preferences,' people living in 'not-so-optimistic security.' So, welcome, those who are 'longing to be blindly obedient and loyal, unbeknownst to them.'

@Tyberius - In the 'High campaign', the Chernye Klobuki cavalry have a cost of 2755.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Manteuffel View Post
    @Tyberius - In the 'High campaign', the Chernye Klobuki cavalry have a cost of 2755.
    It seems it's gonna be a 2.2 patch, but, you can edit on the mtw_xl_high_unit_prod11.txt by deleting the last 5. the correct value is 275.

Thanks for the mod tyberius.You've outdone yourself this time,as everyone else has said,but I have a question:Why are the Byzantine Skutatoi and Kontarioi only buildable in the byzantine provinces,as in version 1 I could build them just about anywhere I captured reasonably quickly.in my current campaign half ofthe known world has decided on naval-warfare 1.01 and the lack of being able to ship reinforcements in is well annoying at best,some local garrison troops apart from vanilla spearmen would be great.

Hi, I know the next patch is only intended as a minor 'cosmetic' one, not changing anything anything major, but there are one or two things that could do with changing, particularly in the high period. The Seljuks are generally wiped out within 10 or 15 years, as are the Egyptians. This often happened in the original XL mod, but has become more frequent in your mods, particularly 2.0. What could be done to remedy this is
    1) Take away any offices conferring command stars from Byzantines, Crusaders and Armenians.
    2) Make Turkish infantry such as Saracen infantry available in Anatolia, Armenia, lesser Armenia and Nicaea, and Trebizond.
    3) Give the Egyptians more military infrastructure in Syria and Edessa.

After all in the 13th century it was the Crusader states and Byzantium that were struggling to survive, not the Seljuks or the Ayyubids.

By the way, great mod.

Quote Originally Posted by oz_wwjd View Post
    Thanks for the mod tyberius.You've outdone yourself this time,as everyone else has said,but I have a question:Why are the Byzantine Skutatoi and Kontarioi only buildable in the byzantine provinces,as in version 1 I could build them just about anywhere I captured reasonably quickly.in my current campaign half ofthe known world has decided on naval-warfare 1.01 and the lack of being able to ship reinforcements in is well annoying at best,some local garrison troops apart from vanilla spearmen would be great.
    Maybe I have gone too far with te concept of "special troops only in your homelands" so it would be harder to expand for every faction, so I think I messed up somehow with the balance. That's a problem only with the pagan, muslim and orthodox factions since the catholics can train almost the whole feudal-chivalric chain of units on every province. On the 2.2 patch I will try to "expand" homelands for some medium units or make them buidable by faction regardless of the province. I will let the byzantines to train everywhere the skutatoi, byzantine cavalry,byzantine lancers, and byzantine infantry, but not the kontarioi, wich I will make available on every byzantine province (including the islands, the former byzantine province of naples, rum, lesser armenia, serbia and moldavia) that's because myself would train only kontarioi instead of skutatoi if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Westwater View Post
    Hi, I know the next patch is only intended as a minor 'cosmetic' one, not changing anything anything major, but there are one or two things that could do with changing, particularly in the high period. The Seljuks are generally wiped out within 10 or 15 years, as are the Egyptians. This often happened in the original XL mod, but has become more frequent in your mods, particularly 2.0. What could be done to remedy this is
    1) Take away any offices conferring command stars from Byzantines, Crusaders and Armenians.
    2) Make Turkish infantry such as Saracen infantry available in Anatolia, Armenia, lesser Armenia and Nicaea, and Trebizond.
    3) Give the Egyptians more military infrastructure in Syria and Edessa.

After all in the 13th century it was the Crusader states and Byzantium that were struggling to survive, not the Seljuks or the Ayyubids.

By the way, great mod.
    I have been noticing that problems too, The byzantine just pass over the seljuks with their 9 star monster-generals.
    As I said on a post before most of the stars of the byzantine titles will be gone on 2.2
    as for the crusaders and armenians.

When playing with the seljuks, is problematic not to have access to reliable infantry on the conquered territories, so, I will expand saracen infantry to the territories mentioned, also khwarazmian swordsmen and khwarazmian cavalry. Also will make ghulam cavalry to be available on all provinces since "ghulam" means "slave" (a special kind) I think they shouldn't be arranged to a specific homeland, and that would help the Almohads and the Ayyubids as well.

As for the Ayyubids, I will add some more advanced training facilities on their starting provinces.

Thank you very much for your feedback and constructive criticism, that helps to make this a better mod. keep doing it please!

Cheers to all,
    Last edited by Tyberius; 07-21-2008 at 18:27.

What an amazing mod, and so far all I´ve done is played a few custom battles. Your new graphics truly make it shine, fantastic work. Now, if only I had the time to properly sit down for a campaign game like in old times...

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tyberius, this is just sort of a personal preference thing, but I'll admit there's one particular thing I don't like too much about the mod, and that is that the Almoravids start with Tunis/Algiers. I kinda preferred the almos the way they were when they only had Morocco in North Africa, but like I said, its not a big issue and its just one person's preference.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Quote Originally Posted by makaikhaan View Post
    Tyberius, this is just sort of a personal preference thing, but I'll admit there's one particular thing I don't like too much about the mod, and that is that the Almoravids start with Tunis/Algiers. I kinda preferred the almos the way they were when they only had Morocco in North Africa, but like I said, its not a big issue and its just one person's preference.
    I didn't made modifications on this point from the original XL mod, maybe on Vanilla MTW-VI it was that way, It's been too long since I played a vanilla campaign that I don't remember the original positions...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyberius View Post
    Maybe I have gone too far with te concept of "special troops only in your homelands" so it would be harder to expand for every faction, so I think I messed up somehow with the balance. That's a problem only with the pagan, muslim and orthodox factions since the catholics can train almost the whole feudal-chivalric chain of units on every province. On the 2.2 patch I will try to "expand" homelands for some medium units or make them buidable by faction regardless of the province. I will let the byzantines to train everywhere the skutatoi, byzantine cavalry,byzantine lancers, and byzantine infantry, but not the kontarioi, wich I will make available on every byzantine province (including the islands, the former byzantine province of naples, rum, lesser armenia, serbia and moldavia) that's because myself would train only kontarioi instead of skutatoi if I could.

I have been noticing that problems too, The byzantine just pass over the seljuks with their 9 star monster-generals.
    As I said on a post before most of the stars of the byzantine titles will be gone on 2.2
    as for the crusaders and armenians.

When playing with the seljuks, is problematic not to have access to reliable infantry on the conquered territories, so, I will expand saracen infantry to the territories mentioned, also khwarazmian swordsmen and khwarazmian cavalry. Also will make ghulam cavalry to be available on all provinces since "ghulam" means "slave" (a special kind) I think they shouldn't be arranged to a specific homeland, and that would help the Almohads and the Ayyubids as well.

As for the Ayyubids, I will add some more advanced training facilities on their starting provinces.

Thank you very much for your feedback and constructive criticism, that helps to make this a better mod. keep doing it please!

Cheers to all,
    Hi, I'd like to go back to this. Would it be unreasonable to make the Janissary Heavy Infantry easier to recruit? You need the fortress ($8000), Grand Mosque ($1000), Military Academy ($1000), then if you're playing on the large unit setting they cost something like $1250 each. The Grand Mosque is a unique building too, so once you achieve all of the above, that province is the only place in the world you can recruit them at. Historically, I don't believe the Janissaries were that rare. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong on this idea but if your looking for balance, easier access to these would help the Turks.
    Last edited by Baron von Manteuffel; 07-23-2008 at 04:50.

well if you were going to remove the byzantine command stars you'd have to go something about the Silicians and Serbians command bonuses as well,because I usually crush both of them as soon as possible.When i did this in my most recent campaign I got both factions titles to assign to my generals as I pleased and by doing this I was able to create 3 6-star generals within the space of a year or so...

In the interests of balancing you might want to take a quick look at the late era. You have beefed up the Golden Horde, which was much needed. I think you have gone a bit far. The other day, playing as the Turks i saw, by the early 1330s Russian, Novgorod and Lithuania had all beeen destroyed. When i started a game as the Russians in late on the very first move, my force of around 200 was attacked by nearly 1000 GH. Game over! I think Russia, Novgorod, Lithuania, and the Ottomans all need to start with more units, maybe not a lot, but some.

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

Or perhaps different starting positions?
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Your graphics are divine.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Quote Originally Posted by oz_wwjd View Post
    well if you were going to remove the byzantine command stars you'd have to go something about the Silicians and Serbians command bonuses as well,because I usually crush both of them as soon as possible.When i did this in my most recent campaign I got both factions titles to assign to my generals as I pleased and by doing this I was able to create 3 6-star generals within the space of a year or so...
    The byzantines have an harcoded advantage of giving birth to 5-7 stars princes all the time so it's the only faction that will be unfavoured in this aspect, maybe you are a bit partial since you play Byz as your favourite faction but I was playing Cumans, Turkish, Bulgarians, Ayyubids etc. and it was so hard because always the byz ruled the entire world,seas and so....and when playing the byzantines it was so easy! by the way, I won't wipe out all stars-giving offices, just leave the three original ones, plus constantinople and trebizond (giving 2 stars each!)

Tyberius, In the Late campaign the English cities Wessex and Mercia start with the metalsmith but they do not have the resource iron.

So? That only means that, should the metalsmith building line be destroyed, it can´t be rebuilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
    So? That only means that, should the metalsmith building line be destroyed, it can´t be rebuilt.
    Obviously, but I thought it might be an oversight. Apparently it is to give the English an advantage, although their already one of the easiest factions.

Default Tyberius Update Patch release 2.2

Tyberius Update Patch release 2.2

Problems corrected:
    1.-Chernye Klobuki now have the right cost of 275 fl.
    2.- some generic units such as skutatoi, ghulam cavalry, Saracen infantry and others now can be trained on all faction owned provinces or have their homeland expanded.
    3.- Eliminated the majority of offices conferring stars to the Byzantines.
    4.- Corrected some balance issues: fatimids on high now starts with more/better units and have better infrastructure on Syria and Palestine. Seljuks starts with more/better units on high and late. Lithuanians, russians and novgorods have better chances to survive on late.
    5.- Metalsmith removed from English provinces of mercia and wessex on high and late
    6.- Charge animation given to the arquebusiers unit

Features added:
    1.- New campmap Panel and minimap frame
    2.- Viking games now have the same graphic upgrades as the medieval campaigns. And various units added: lowland clansmen, irish horsemen, norse archers, gael gaedhil, Scottish cavalry, hobilars, saxon warriors, drangar, highland warriors.
    3.- 8 new trade goods: Amber, Walrus Tusks, Horses, Textiles, Cattle, Beer, Camels and Olives, added, almost all provinces have at least one trading product.
    4.- Forest resource added, along with two new buildings to exploit the resource: Lumberjack and Sawmill, instead of the forester’s chain.
    5.- New building: iron mine added, exploits iron resource, prerequisite to metalsmith.
    6.- New shields/weapons for the Balkan warriors, Late Ghulam bodyguards, gochos, nizaris, hashishin, psiloi and ghazi infantry
    7.- New unit icons for Almohad urban militia, Balkan warriors, Karelian Warriors and Gochos.
    8.- New info pics for the Mounted squires, Khwarazmian swordsmen and Foot faris

Changes:
    1.- Unit name changes: Vikings to Drangar, Trebizond archers to Toxotai, Viking huscarles to Huskarls,
    2.- higher value trade goods slightly lowered
    3.- Military academy now depends only on the fortress to be built, no longer an unique building.
    4.- Rebel units on Georgia and trebizond are no longer Byzantine type.
    5.- Added a land bridge between Sweden and Finland (those provinces are in fact adjacent)

Tyberius Update Patch 2.2 (Atomic Gamer)

Optional Add on:
    Corrected map, (spells “Greece” instead of “Grece”) also shows the Sweden-Finland land bridge.

Tyberius Map update 2.2 (Atomic Gamer)
    Last edited by Tyberius; 07-30-2008 at 21:51.

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Default Re: Tyberius Update Patch release 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Tyberius
    3.- 8 new trade goods: Amber, Walrus Tusks, Horses, Textiles, Cattle, Beer, Camels and Olives, added
    You sir, are a great man.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

I can't seem to get this file (patch 2.2) from Atomic Gamer. After waiting and waiting it still says 3 minutes to go and it never refreshes. I right click on it and manually refresh it and it tells me okay you may download now, but when I try I receive this message: Sorry, but the file you requested could not be found. Please use our searching or browsing capabilities on the left side to help you find the file.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yikes, those are some pretty big changes. I must admit, I'm a bit curious as to how the land bridge between Sweden and Finland will work out; I think there could be some interesting scenarios arising now out of it.

Also, out of curiosity, what do the sawmills and lumberjacks do? Are they strictly an income earner?
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Looks great, will download and play it tonight.

The optional add-on is no longer available. It insists, instead, that I am interested in downloading a demo for something called Galactic Dream: Rage of War...

EDIT: Finished waiting for the first 2.2 download, the main fix, but once I have done so, it says the file is no longer available for download...:(
    Last edited by Kaidonni; 07-30-2008 at 12:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaidonni View Post
    The optional add-on is no longer available. It insists, instead, that I am interested in downloading a demo for something called Galactic Dream: Rage of War...
    EDIT: Finished waiting for the first 2.2 download, the main fix, but once I have done so, it says the file is no longer available for download...:(
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Manteuffel View Post
    I can't seem to get this file (patch 2.2) from Atomic Gamer. After waiting and waiting it still says 3 minutes to go and it never refreshes. I right click on it and manually refresh it and it tells me okay you may download now, but when I try I receive this message: Sorry, but the file you requested could not be found. Please use our searching or browsing capabilities on the left side to help you find the file.
    Sorry guys, it must have been a corrupted upload. but I have uploaded both files again and downloaded them myself, so now you should be able to do so, with no problems. just click on the same links.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Westwater View Post
    Looks great, will download and play it tonight.
    Now you can.... :P
    Yikes, those are some pretty big changes. I must admit, I'm a bit curious as to how the land bridge between Sweden and Finland will work out; I think there could be some interesting scenarios arising now out of it.
    Indeed, I've discovered Playing the Swedes, that expanding the frontline for the Swedish and for the Novgorods, via Finland has proved to be a lot of fun and a worthy variable and relief (or struggle) for both kingdoms.

Also, out of curiosity, what do the sawmills and lumberjacks do? Are they strictly an income earner?
    They work equal to a mine and mine complex, no more and no less.

Quote Originally Posted by Martok View Post
    You sir, are a great man.
    I know, I know.... but thanks a lot anyway...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast