Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tyberius Mod 2.0 Final Version Released!

Default Re: Tyberius Mod 2.0 Final Version Released!

Never Mind, I found the excel file within the download.... once again, you out-did yourself. Great Job!
    I wish someone could put the XL units into a file like Tyberius did, that would be great! Thanks again.

Hi Tyberius!
    You've done great work on the XL Mod.

Since installing your patch, I've noticed that "Quick Battles" have problems. The computer likes to give the player armies including serpentines vs armies including pikemen. The Serpentine crews become fragmented and wobble on the battle field. The Pikemen are similarly fragmented or absent with only the pikes showing. The other units in the "Quick battle" are OK.
    I noticed this as soon as Patch 2 is installed; this didn't happen with XL mod before patch 2.0. The other patches up to 2.3 haven't changed this problem.
    If you've already commented on this, please point me to the right post.

Still love the patch though.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Obliqueattack View Post
    Hi Tyberius!
    You've done great work on the XL Mod.

Since installing your patch, I've noticed that "Quick Battles" have problems. The computer likes to give the player armies including serpentines vs armies including pikemen. The Serpentine crews become fragmented and wobble on the battle field. The Pikemen are similarly fragmented or absent with only the pikes showing. The other units in the "Quick battle" are OK.
    I noticed this as soon as Patch 2 is installed; this didn't happen with XL mod before patch 2.0. The other patches up to 2.3 haven't changed this problem.
    If you've already commented on this, please point me to the right post.

Still love the patch though.
    Thanks
    The problem is that the game seems to use the Crusader_unit_prod_11.txt for the quick battles, and Tyberius 2.0 uses XL_unit_prod_11.txt, which uses different textures for the pikes and artillery crews (among other units), so Animations don't fit any more. So, regrettably quick battles were not intended to work for the XL-Tyberius mod, only Viking and Medieval Campaigns and Custom battles are Available.
    Last edited by Tyberius; 10-09-2008 at 06:36.

Am I overlooking something here? I don't understand why my naval battles don't resolve.
    I'm playing the Castillians, and I've got the Iberian peninsular surrounded with my ships in all the sea areas around it. Nearly every time I attack the Venetians (who also have ships in all the same areas) more often than not only one or even none of the battles resolve; the game just skips them and returns my fleets back to the none engaged mode.
    Something of a drag with no land bridge to Morroco)
    Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Obliqueattack View Post
    Am I overlooking something here? I don't understand why my naval battles don't resolve.
    I'm playing the Castillians, and I've got the Iberian peninsular surrounded with my ships in all the sea areas around it. Nearly every time I attack the Venetians (who also have ships in all the same areas) more often than not only one or even none of the battles resolve; the game just skips them and returns my fleets back to the none engaged mode.
    Something of a drag with no land bridge to Morroco)
    Any ideas?
    Ships have a speed value. Depending on what kind of ship are you fielding on your seas, speed is decisive if you want to chase down enemy ships. If you attack a Dhow or a Barque or a Dromon, with a Caravel or a Baggala or a Firegalley, surely te enemy ship will flee and outrun yours, and the battle will remain unresolved. try using faster ships like barques for corsair hunting.

Insert Custom User Title Member Imperator Honorius's Avatar

Are you going to reupload the 2.3 patch?

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened. ~ Douglas Adams

For a period of over two months (21 Sep – 26 Nov) Tyberius have accepted credits for work he has not done. I know this, since I was the one who did that work. I will not stand for such behaviour. Not from Tyberius. Not from anybody. It is a matter of principle, pure and simple. I have the files to prove it if anyone tries to doubt me.

This is work done by me included in Tyberius 2.3 (and all these files are included in Tyberius Full Edition as well):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Unit Icons:

SteppeWarriors.LBM
    RoundShieldSpearmen.LBM
    RegularBowmen.LBM
    MediumCavalry.LBM
    FeudalManAtArms.LBM
    ByzantineSpearmen.LBM

Unit Review-pics:

SteppeWarriors.BIF
    RoundShieldSpearmen. BIF
    RegularBowmen. BIF
    MediumCavalry. BIF
    FeudalManAtArms. BIF
    ByzantineSpearmen. BIF

Info-pics:

BalkanWarriors.BIF
    ByzantineLancers.BIF
    IrishHorsemen.BIF
    KnightsSantiago.BIF
    RegularBowmen.BIF
    RoundShieldSpearmen.BIF
    SaharanCavalry.BIF
    ScottishCavalry.BIF
    Spearmen.BIF
    SteppeWarriors.BIF

I did not receive any credits what so ever for that work either in Tyberius 2.3 or Tyberius Full Edition. In spite of the fact that Tyberius received permission to use these upon the condition that he would give me proper credits for my work. He never did. Thus I withdrew my permission since he failed to honour a simple agreement.

I have written this to state the facts.

- Axalon

Hi folks,
    What Axalon states here is true, I made use of his images and forgot to give him credits for it. However it was a mistake, I had no intentions of receiving credits for something I haven't done.

The patches are going to be re-uploaded with images done by myself. I think I have demonstrated to be more than capable of doing all images as good as anybody could.

I will use this list that Axalon gently has provided to us and replace all the files corresponding to this list.

this new patch for xl 3.0 have a spanish languaje option also? i ask because you live in santiago right?

thanks.

Hi Tyberious,

i downloaded your mod and had a go with a few factions - i have to say that XL is not my cup of tea, but the graphical work you ve done on sprites is no less than five stars!

Amazing work - well done.

!it burns us!
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

ops! english, no cares. im translating the loc files. thanks for a great mod. we wait for 2.3, the work must be finished.

The Cuman Royal Cavalryman is replaced by a boat. some index bug maybe. please fix it.
    thanks.

That's the pagan faction leader campaign map piece. It looks more like corruption to me.

It saddens me that Tyberius and Axalon had this dis-agreement over Tyberius failing to give acknowledgement for graphics that Axalon created, I do understand this point of view though.

Hopfully the re-created graphics will live up to the standards that the originals did,as I would hate to see such an excellent mod and all the work that was put into it,wasted,so to speak.

Smile Re: Tyberius Mod 2.0 Final Version Released!

I agree with Oz Wwjd. Tyberius has done a truly great piece of work and - since it is unpaid and for the benefit of others - that cannot be said often enough

Finally got Tyberius Mod installed this morning (updated to 2.2) and started my first Volga Bulgar campaign. This mod is a very nice effort, I'm having tons of fun, no problems so far!
    My father's sole piece of political advice: "Son, politicians are like underwear - to keep them clean, you've got to change them often."

Tyberius:
    Are you ever going to release a 2.3 fix to clean up the last of the small problems with your great mod ???

Default Re: Tyberius Patch 2.3 re-released!

Patch 2.3 re-released!

the 2.3 patch (and last of the tyberius series) has been released again with the little modifications required, (info pics, and icons changed)

Tyberius patch 2.3

sorry for the inconvenients, enjoy it!

Tyberius:
    Thank you for all your efforts on this great mod.

Panama Red

Insert Custom User Title Member Imperator Honorius's Avatar

Thankyou very much for re-releasing it and for all the work you did to make this mod and so add to XL.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened. ~ Douglas Adams

Tyberius, are you still out there? I haven't seen any posts lately. Anyway: Thanks for the great Mod. I have been playing it for the last year since I discovered MTW-VI w/ XL mod and your mod added to it. Many hours of great playability, and very different results from each game. I also have enjoyed the Game Play accounts which are a realistic alternative history reading.
    Using only the best:
    MTW: VI + Mods

http://www.Ingersoll.net

Quote Originally Posted by Ingersoll View Post
    Tyberius, are you still out there? I haven't seen any posts lately. Anyway: Thanks for the great Mod. I have been playing it for the last year since I discovered MTW-VI w/ XL mod and your mod added to it. Many hours of great playability, and very different results from each game. I also have enjoyed the Game Play accounts which are a realistic alternative history reading.
    I'm still around, and checking my threads periodically, I'm ready to ask questions about my patches and make comments on your experiences playing it. by the way, Thank you very much again for your good critics to my work.

cheers,

Tyberius.

Just one question, I use my own mod for the gameplay of MTW vanilla instead of XL, but I'd love to use your unit graphics, would it be possible for me to use your graphics in vanilla? You don't need to explain how to do it as I should be able to figure it out, but would it be straightforward?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier View Post
    Just one question, I use my own mod for the gameplay of MTW vanilla instead of XL, but I'd love to use your unit graphics, would it be possible for me to use your graphics in vanilla? You don't need to explain how to do it as I should be able to figure it out, but would it be straightforward?
    Feel Free to use them
    cheers

Tyberius, I have spent many-many-many hours playing your MTW:VI-XL Mod 3, on expert mode. I have made an effort to play each faction to a winning position (60%), not all are easy ie: Armenians. BUT one of the best results is that now the game does not crash on exit since I loaded your MOD. That alone should win you mcuh Kudos, plus all of the time you spent putting it together (and noting other contributers where necessary :).
    Using only the best:
    MTW: VI + Mods

http://www.Ingersoll.net

Awesome mod. Just what I need to get back into MTW!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ingersoll View Post
    Tyberius, I have spent many-many-many hours playing your MTW:VI-XL Mod 3, on expert mode. I have made an effort to play each faction to a winning position (60%), not all are easy ie: Armenians. BUT one of the best results is that now the game does not crash on exit since I loaded your MOD. That alone should win you mcuh Kudos, plus all of the time you spent putting it together (and noting other contributers where necessary :).

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge_272 View Post
    Awesome mod. Just what I need to get back into MTW!!
    Thank you very much guys, is good to know someone still plays the game besides me....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyberius View Post
    Thank you very much guys, is good to know someone still plays the game besides me....lol.
    Are you kidding? I bet there are quite some people playing this, even 7 years after the release. Well, i'm one...
    MTW has a unique atmosphere, and with these 2 mods, it enters yet another dimension... I personally bought Medieval II the day it came out, and it was, you know, a bit of a let down. I had never played the original Medieval, but, inspired by Chivalry TW for Rome/BI (the medieval period, along with Late Antiquity, is my favourite by far: another excellent game with massive immersion into the period is "Crusader Kings" from Paradox Entertainment, or even the great mods, like Medieval European Mod for the "also old" Civilization III, or the Mongol Empire Scenario for Europa Universalis 2) went on to buy the Gold Edition, and immediately found out about XL; and a few times later, it was your own mod that added even more good things to the best!
    So, massive congrats and respect for this, Tyberius.

Hi

I used to play this game as well but after buying a new PC with 8600 Ge force i could nt play STW and MTW any more
    But good news is i will be buying a 4850 ATI card and this should be running MTW and STW propely again HAIL ATI radeon
    Meening i will be playing Tyberius Mod 2.0 Final Version

Quote Originally Posted by cathar1209 View Post
    Are you kidding? I bet there are quite some people playing this, even 7 years after the release. Well, i'm one...
    MTW has a unique atmosphere, and with these 2 mods, it enters yet another dimension... I personally bought Medieval II the day it came out, and it was, you know, a bit of a let down. I had never played the original Medieval, but, inspired by Chivalry TW for Rome/BI (the medieval period, along with Late Antiquity, is my favourite by far: another excellent game with massive immersion into the period is "Crusader Kings" from Paradox Entertainment, or even the great mods, like Medieval European Mod for the "also old" Civilization III, or the Mongol Empire Scenario for Europa Universalis 2) went on to buy the Gold Edition, and immediately found out about XL; and a few times later, it was your own mod that added even more good things to the best!
    So, massive congrats and respect for this, Tyberius.
    I still play a number of mods, including Tiberius/XL. I've lately played the BKB Super Mod and Hellenic TW and am now trying Hyboria Total War. It helps having an older computer and graphics card. Upgrading will kill off so many of my favourite games that I'm forever putting it off

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast