Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Tyberius Mod 2.0 Final Version Released!

Default Re: Tyberius Mod 2.0 Final Version Released!

Right, i was afraid of that. Drone's suggestion may be a solution though, thank you drone :)

You need to go in the starpos files that contain the provinces list. They are set in: main game folder\campmap\startpos
    There is one txt file per era - select the one you play (EARLY) and check the provinces default culture. If its the one Drone says about ie the tristan and isolde message, iirc it brings zeal down in Franconia and surrounding provinces. If one of them is set as a non catholic province in the txt file, set it to catholic - this is the solution to your ctd.

However, be prepared that a province somewehre far and away (maybe in the middle east) will be catholic. This can bring other ctds or make the game refuse to load is there is incompatibility of cultures between the starting units of teh faction that has the province and the catholic religion/culture. There are very high chances of this happening if the ex-german province is made into a muslim or pagan province. Its far less catastrophic and more easily fixable if its made orthodox though.
    Last edited by gollum; 03-09-2011 at 00:39.
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

ok looking at that file, i found that franconia and its neighbors are set to catholic culture. a neat little area above that gave all the neighbors of each territory, thought that was cool. i will keep looking for anomilies

thanx guys

Sorry we couldn't be of more help cogre. Let us know how you get on - i hope you find the problem.

Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

would aremenia being muslim cause this mess?

edit- never mind i am compareing vanilla to the mod and see what i can find

and you guys helped me more than you know, i don't feel like a total noob now , just a partial one

oh and when i want to change the culture or whatever how do i do that?

edit-2- ok no catholic changes from vanilla to tyb, but ifound several orthadox to pagan changes and pagan to orthadox changes and one pagan to muslim change
    Last edited by cogre; 03-09-2011 at 04:32.

hello cogre, armenia is muslim in vanilla and that sounds ok.

There is a relevant column in the file (there are many sections of the file relative to provinces) - there in type the culture you want and delete the previous one (overwrite, you can also use copy paste to save typing time). Don't mess the columns though because the file won't load afterwards - stick to the same format. Same principle applies to all other things. Some things are no-no's but with trial and error you'll find your way. Welcome to the wonderful(?) world of modifying MTW ;)

edit I think it's "province attributes" that province cultures are declared iirc
    Last edited by gollum; 03-09-2011 at 04:32.

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

If so, its possible something else is causing it cogre - if that is we are correct and indeed its the Tristan and Isolde message that comes on that date. You could verify that on your own by autorunning a campaign to the date you get the crash in vanilla to see what message you get then for certain.

In general its normal to have changes in the files - they are part of the mod. If we don't know the exact message that may be causing the ctd its like looking for a needle in the hay a bit.

It's unfortunate i don't have the game installed - i would be able to help you much better then.

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

we posted and edited at the same time, lol, would livonia from orth to pag , or muscovy,pereyaslavl,rhyzan,and smolensk going for pagan to orth, or volga-bulgaria from pagan to muslim do anything?

most likely not. Volga bulgaria has the volga bulgars that are muslim in XL - the russian provinces get the russian factions and Livonia goes pagan as it should be - these are typcal changes and not a problem - the problem is when a province is used in another part of the map - say Livonia was turned into Murcia in Spain - then Livonia remains Livonia for the engine and the modder changes the name in the text but the engine still counts it as Livonia. If then a historical hardcoded message makes a change in that province that is not compatible with the new culture you get the ctd.

What about installation? Did you had any other mods installed previously? If you try to reinstal the game and then the mod- could it be something like that?

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

with the install i was trying to see if my xl game folder worked, i used the same download of xl for my xl folder and the tyb game, that way i would know if it is something with the mod be it the install or something else.

so some provences can be screwed up in some weird ways, my game doesn't ctd it just stops responding altogether

if it doesn't ctd then its probably not the provinces, i'm afraid.

Doesn't the Tyb mod come as an independent version containing XL altogether? Sory to ask its been a while since i played Tyberious (3 years actually). Could it be that you installed XL and Tyberious but part of it is repeated? Just trying to think.

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

no i just have the 2.2 tyb which needs the xl mod to work, i think theystarted and stoped the together download inbetween times i have downloaded the tyb mod.

From No1 post in this thread:
    Tyberius Mod 2.0 Final Version (Atomic Gamer)

Tyberius 2.0 Music Pack(Atomic Gamer)

Local Server download

Tyberius Update Patch 2.1(Atomic Gamer)

Tyberius Update Patch 2.2 (Atomic Gamer)

no longer available (Atomic Gamer)

Optional Addons:
    Corrected map, (spells “Greece” instead of “Grece”) also shows the Sweden-Finland land bridge.

Tyberius Map update 2.2 (Atomic Gamer)

Load Screen 3.0 (Atomic Gamer)

This mod must be installed in sequence:
    Mod 2.0
    Music pack (should be installed in order to add the patches)
    Patch 2.1
    Patch 2.2
    Patch 2.3

The optional map can be added anytime after the mod 2.0.
    It does mention that it needs the mod2.0, but it gives a Tyberious link for that not an XL one? But i assume you know better - just saying.

I'm sorry cogre, nothing more i can think of at the moment, unless its a technical issue, graphics cards/drivers and the like for which i am not very able to help anyway.

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

no worries mate thanx for the loads of help you have provided

i have all those except 2.3 patch, couldn't find that one

I think it was taken back - in the list it seems to be the "no longer available" bit.

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

i even installed them in sequence

And you play MTW/VI v2.01, right?

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

cogre I have this mod installed so If your problem is still unresolved send me the saved game. I'll PM you in a moment with my email. I'll try to help.
    Last edited by Stazi; 03-09-2011 at 08:22.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

yep version 2.01,
    thanx stazi

edit- stazi found the problem
    "The problem was caused by the Hungarian's crusade. Chapter House and the crusade itself are available to many factions. Unfortunately, not even one of the main crusading units (knights orders) is available to Hungary. Crusade without one of those units cannot be created and game crashes.I gave "KnightsHospitaller" and "OrderFootsoldiers" to Hungarians and now everything looks fine. Let me know if it works for you."

you guys are great i can continue with an absolutley great game
    Last edited by cogre; 03-10-2011 at 00:06.

For others interested - you can download corrected files for all 3 eras here.
    Last edited by Stazi; 03-10-2011 at 00:20.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

All is good that ends good, happy you're allsorted cogre :)

Good one Stazi ;)

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

i would have never figured out what was wrong without you guys. wish i could help you guys with something, maybe i could open all those pickle jars you're having trouble with

it's all free, enjoy...

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

VictorGB Member Trapped in Samsara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gollum View Post
    it's all free, enjoy...
    You guys amaze me. Your services to MTW should be rewarded with, at minimum, a knighthood. I'll lobby for you to be included in the next Queen Lizzie honours list.

Regards
    Victor

Saper aude
    Horace

Post Re: Tyberius Mod 2.0 Final Version Released!

Quote Originally Posted by gollum View Post
    I think it was taken back - in the list it seems to be the "no longer available" bit.
    The re-releases of 2.3 and 3.0 was removed by Atomic Gamer staff which is not the same thing….

- Axalon

The re-releases of 2.3 and 3.0 was removed by Atomic Gamer staff which is not the same thing….
    I didn't know why they were removed at all till you enlightened us Axalon, thanks.

I'll lobby for you to be included in the next Queen Lizzie honours list.
    And you can't imagine how much better i would have been if i knew your connections, victor ;)

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

MTW XL 3.0 was all-in-one version - generally the same as 2.0 + 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 patches, right?

From reading the 3.0 thread (a bit lower down) that's how it seems.

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Thanks for the fix. I remember I asked about it on the forum a long time ago. I know I had a crash at the moment the hungarian crusade-marker moved. I´ll correct the files and maybe some day I´ll play a full campaign of XL Tyb again. And appreciation to to all you who keep this forum alive and keep working on the mods. I read and skulk but small children rarely give me the time to participate properly.
    All the best

All the best to you too Faremisch. Drop by whenever you have time : )

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

check this out, now i played the tyb mod back when it was one install on my old desktop. and i decided to run an aar on my armenian campaign. i didn't know that martok linkied it here. wow that is cool. that was a fun campaign. third post down
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...=cogre%27s+aar

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast