Thread: Good Mods for RTW and BI

Default Good Mods for RTW and BI

Its been years since I have played RTW/BI and I am thinking of reinstalling it. Just wondering if anyone had any mods that they would recomend for an old veteren of TW games?

I remember the good times I had with this game a few years back with rome total realisim. Just wondering if it is still around or if there are similar mods. Before I reinstall, do certain mods require just RTW or do they now all work with BI? Thanks in advance for the info. I look forward to being active at the colosseum forum again.

Axebitten Modder Senior Member Dol Guldur's Avatar

Default Re: Good Mods for RTW and BI

This is probably the most correct and comprehensive list of released mods for RTW, BI and ALX.

http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Released_Mods

RTR, EB, FATW, NTW2 and a few other old mods are still around (and updated)...and a few more ;)
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."

Thanks. I downloaded EB and RTR and might give them a try. I am amazed at how much these mods change the game.
    Currently, I am playing RTR and I cant find out how many turns I have to play the game. Does anyone know where I can find the amount of turns I have? (For example MTW2 uses preferances.txt to view/change the # of turns.)
    Also is it recomended to have: Unlimited Number of Men on Battlefield = false. I like big battles but I dont want to mess up the mods. I am also not sure which files are vanilla files or RTR files. What folder does RTR usually put stuff in?

Side note: It is jaw dropping to go from MTW2 battles to RTW battles. I don't know if its the mods I installed, but my God, the battle AI is so much smarter. If you think you are an expert at winning MTW2 battles, install RTW and compare the challenge. I was very surprised

TW Modder Since 2005 Member DaVinci's Avatar

The most mods todays have its own modfolder, means a seperate folder within the RTW directory.

The file structure within these modfolders is then usually the same as within RTW or BI itself, depends on the mod though (mini-/submod or just full conversion).

The foldered mod-data means also, that vanilla won't be touched, and you can just install all modfolders in one original RTW directory ( if you wanna save time as for not-RTW-copies and hd space ;) ), while you can play still RTW or BI vanilla.

The modfolder needs though always an unmodified vanilla.

Hope this info helps a bit.
    TWC Wiki: List of TW Modding Contributions 2005-2011
    Release 12.2012: Third Age TW Realism+
    Release 04.2013: Rise of the Samurai Realism+

Support: Greenpeace
    LIVING ...WITH... WAR
    What's really more disappointing than dis-information and non-education?
    A certain degree of intentional ignorance paired with obvious stupidy /DV

The Scourge of Rome Member Spartan198's Avatar

It's no EB, but DimeBagHo's Extended Greek Mod is pretty addictive.
    My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.