Thread: Persistent CTD 204BC AI Romani turn

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Persistent CTD 204BC AI Romani turn

I just seem to keep attracting these, I've no idea why.

Save.

1.1 with rtw.exe, all the permanent fixes, not the optimised script, just a cut-down main script with no client rulers. Also got Force Diplomacy installed, which I've used in places. I'm starting to wonder if FD messes with the script. I save-quit-to-menu-reload whenever I've used it to reset the AI. I've probably used it all of ten times all told in this game, it's not a regular occurence like previous ones.

I don't have anything but Paintshop Pro running in the background. Even have my virus protection disabled and internet disconnected.

Get a CTD on the Romani turn, no idea why. I've watched it in slow motion, and there's a captain-unit wandering down the Dalmatian coast, then when he stops, the game CTDs. Repeated four times now.

Haven't tried it without the script on. Maybe I should just give 1.1 a break and wait for 1.2?
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; 07-16-2008 at 20:38.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Default Re: Persistent CTD 204BC AI Romani turn

Unfortunately 1.2 won't be anything but 1.1 with the discovered fixes plus some other minor corrections, so there's not much to wait for. We hope we can find a safe way to use the client rulers, but apparently you seem to attract crashes even without them. Have you been using recruitable generals?

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    Unfortunately 1.2 won't be anything but 1.1 with the discovered fixes plus some other minor corrections, so there's not much to wait for. We hope we can find a safe way to use the client rulers, but apparently you seem to attract crashes even without them. Have you been using recruitable generals?
    I have, though mostly ones I recruited towards the beginning of the game who have all but died out now. Got just the one left I recruited for the Bosporan campaign who's in his 30s. Never been given the option to adopt them or the like.

I am starting to wonder if perhaps it's Force Diplomacy messing with the script.

Perhaps then I should take a little break, then come back with 1.0 - I never had any technical issues with it at all.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; 07-17-2008 at 10:09.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)

Have you checked the Romani towns to see if they have any duplicate family members? I know you got rid of the client ruler scrpt, but there could still be some. Try forcing the Romani to give you all their settlements and besiege the last settlement.

Sorry for the mistake, so feel free to delete these two OT posts.
    Last edited by Connacht; 07-17-2008 at 15:21.
    You're an island of tranquillity in a sea of chaos.

O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!

Quote Originally Posted by How to ask for help with a crash
    Also please create your own thread with your report, do not reply to an existing one. This is to avoid confusion about which problem the answers are addressing, and most of all to avoid that the original poster's problem is drowned and forgotten.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

And the Romani or following factions don't have rioting cities?

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    And the Romani or following factions don't have rioting cities?
    I couldn't see them. Still got all my saves, but EB's currently uninstalled. Having a bit of a break; if anyone wants to have a look at the save they're welcome to.

I was probably a bit hasty abandoning this game. I might reinstall 1.1 and see if I can navigate the crash. I haven't actually tried it with the script deactivated, nor scouted the Roman cities to see if one of them is trying to rebel.

After some fits and starts with a sudden appearance of a CTD on the Getai and KH turns, I've finally managed to resolve this one. Seems the culprit was a rebellion CTD in either Syrakousai or Arse. Got past the turn and another turn ran fine, so it would seem to be resolved.