Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken Crescent 3 Diplomacy: Progress

Default Re: Broken Crescent 3 Diplomacy: Progress

The turkish diplomat after thinking carefully about his words, begins to stand up and speak so everyone can hear him

'I am quite confused about how the new idea i see from the Omani's will work, it seems they are turning there nation and military into a merc company and i am not very sure what my standing is on this, But i have to say i am very impressed with Omani's leaders for coming up with a very profititable idea for money and battle experience'

'I just have a few questions, what if many factions buy merc armys and in turn you have half the worlds nations against you?'

'If many nations got the mercs and your faction has to start wars to take over settlements wont this mean you will lose trade rights with many factions and they wont get the 75% off the troops even though they didnt stop the trade?'

'I would just also like to say please dont take my intrest in this matter as bad im just very intrested in how this will work, im just glad some nation is coming out and trying something new'

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

The doors open once more, letting in a middle-aged, out-of-breath man, his clothes still dusty from the long trek he made from T'bilisi to Sur, and some servants. In his hands he holds various scrolls, records of the meeting before he arrived. He hastily sits at the table, orders some water, looks once more at the scrolls, catches his breath, clears his throat, and starts to speak:

"Ah, gentlemen! I would like to say a few things, if you'll permit me.
    First of all, I am called David Agmashenebeli, in honour of our noble saviour, the one who drove out the Seljuk Turks from our lands" The diplomat says, looking pointedly at the Turkish ambassador, implying that the Georgian people hadn't forgotten. David continues:

"I am sorry for my dishevelled appearance, but I had to race from T'bilisi once we heard of this meeting, and despite my speed, I wasn't able to secure faster transport than my old horse... So, this is why I'm late and dusty." The diplomat stops, since his servant has finally brought the water. He drinks quickly, and chokes a bit. After a few moments, he's well enough to continue.

"Now, I know what has been said in this room. And I would like to remark that we are first and foremost diplomats, ambassadors, men of words and reason. Not warriors, soldiers, men of arms and rage. I wonder therefore why some of you have raised their voice, let passion come first, and threatened others... I look to the Roman emissary, who it appears has wished to antagonize every one here, the Kingdom of Jerusalem and myself excluded, of course. The Abbasid Caliphate I believed made a list of the territories they want back, as if this were a market. The Sultan of the Ayyubids, finally, comes under the banner of peace, yet warns us that, quote: 'the armies of Islam under the command of Salahuddin are mighty indeed and fierce in their patriotic defence of the Sultanate. Any army which dares to set foot on our lands will be wiped from the face of the earth, Inshallah.' They also proclaim an alliance, nearly immediately warning us of 'the combined might of Egypt and the Caliphate!' Now please, gentlemen... Do we really wish for this meeting to continue in this direction? The 16 seats aren't even filled yet!" The diplomat pauses again, and catches his breath, and writes something briefly on a scroll, before whispering something to his servant, who leaves with it immediately.

"Now, the Kingdom of Georgia would like to announce its stance. We wish for peace, trade and prosperity. Nothing more. We then wish for trade to be established with all nations, so as to have both peace and prosperity.
    We will however defend ourselves if threatened, and will not hesitate to defend our Christian brothers, if they are incapable of doing so themselves, something which I personally doubt.
    To the Turks, we bear no true anger for your past deeds (ooc: check wikipedia, people!), and forgive you. Yet we will not forget, nor shall we not stay wary of your actions.
    About the Omani's idea, I believe their proposal also gives them some assurance. Should we all hire mercenaries, and then destroy the Omani, we will have 'our' Omani mercenaries ready to fight us! Remember, we don't directly command them. " David stops (not quite sure of what he said just there), checks his scrolls once more, nods, and ends:
    "Well, ambassadors... I believe that is all I have to say. I am readily available for both public and private discussion. As some say, your move, gentlemen." He looks around, and realizes he forgot one thing:
    "Oh, uh... Where can I freshen up? I'm afraid I may have brought some dust in here..."
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

Blog Entries

the kypchak messenger delights in some one not blaming him for past arugments and responses...

Greeting, we have both had long journeys it would seem! as i have previously said trade between our nations would be progress, you seem honorable, however, please leave the turks away from past problems, my nation has also had quarels with them, but under a new leader they have prospered and become true friends of the mighty Khan as they could with you, conflict need not be involved.

i have a letter from the khan to, he wants you to read it in private if you would excuse us everyone else, this message will be private...

they step out side the georgian messenger will here news soon

Blog Entries

the kypchak also mentions...

please my georgian friend, i've heard you admire our cavarlymen, enjoy our mercenries, which we will allow you onto our lands to get, im sure of your peaceful intentions

Blog Entries

the kypchaks speech continues....

i hav heard tales from the west that the germans are planning to take your capital city of konya, my dear turkish ally, be weary, this is just a rumour, but there could be some truth to it, keep a good defense, send that to your sultan fellow messenger...

'yes my sultan has allso head of the germans possible plans and i thank you for the heads up'

'we the Seljuk Sultanate of Rûm also would like to offer trade rights and allience with the great seijuks as we hope the once joined factions can become brothes again'

The Young Diplomat of Oman recieved another message. Yet stands up.

It is good to see that one more has finally showed up... I was getting high hopes of a filled chair, but it may seem we may miss a few. As for the Omani's people, We only to seek profit, and peace.

We discussed this idea greatly between our great allies, Salahuddin and The Great Caliph himself, We now declare our forces under one banner, The Golden Crescent Confederation! Our great trade emprie only wishes peace, but the very unpleasent responses you to the Omans.

In discussing further matters, We have Forget about the Mercinary idea. Due to the fact that it was bringing to much anger, But I... Personally laugh at that, Seeing that Our lands are out of reach as for all that has even talked about declaring war on us...

A glare goes to the Georgian Diplomat.

We will disband our armies due to the simple fact that we are for peace.. and not for war. The Golden Crescent Confederation only wishes for all islamish people in Arabia to be protected from the nearly raising factions. A decleration of war, Will simply mean you have just declared war on the Whole of Arabia, After seeing the christan powers.

Having the faction of Antioch attack Aleppo.. and the Crusaders taking Homs, The African Warlords taking peaceful trading villages off the Horn of Africa and the small trading island off the Horn of Africa. We do not wish for any more violence. Though, I may be disbanding my armies do to good fortunes, and bringing new trades from the Far East, to all of your lands.

After Talking with the Allies, I wish to speak to the Sindh privately. Also, Even though I will be disbanding my Armies in the Far eastern shores of Arabia. The Strongest Navy of the Indian Ocean will stay. Due to the fact that the Sea is our first line of defense.

If any other Islamish empires wish to talk to The Golden Crescent Confederation. Please meet Myself, The Ayybid Diplomat, and the Caliph's diplomat. Thank you.

The Young diplomat sits down.
    Last edited by Merlox; 07-29-2008 at 03:47.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Henri de Marseille welcomes the Georgian diplomat once he has returned, cleansed of his dust.

"My good friend, I am glad to see you have arrived. I trust you had no problems along the way here? We have much to speak of, you and I..."

[OOC: Warmaster, check the PM I sent you yesterday, it's pretty important.]
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

'well it seems certan nations might not make it to this meeting it seems, i have sent a offer to the ERE that i hope can stop the tension in our area and we will see if the ERE is true to its word about wanting peace'

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mahmud looks at the Georgian Ambassador and says..

Are You saying that Our Caliph is nothing more than a salesman from a market?? For he has been the only ruler who have dared to come here personally to tell what are our political views and our attentions. I think we will never see a Georgian king here! Perhaps it is because of your mules and old horses? I would like to see your knights riding with them! That would be a sight!

Mahmud smiles contemptuously ...

We wanted peace and trade with you..
    We had no claims on your provinces..
    Yet you insult us!
    Do you want that we change our policy??

Turkish diplomat stands up and begins to address the nations of the Golden Crescent Confederation

'As a fellow peacefull nation under islam i have been told by my great sultan to enquire about the possiblity of the turkish sultanate joining this great confederation and to ally with all these great factions under its banner'

sits back down waiting nervously for a response

The Young Omani Diplomat stands up.

Seeing that The Turks are in a scary situation, Being surrounded by Infedels that throws threats towards them. I would be in favor of letting the Turks join into The Golden Crescent Confederation. Though, I am just one of Three who must agree. I believe that if you settle your land claims with the Great Caliph. That you may gain his favor. My position is unclear on the Ayyubids. but I am sure that the Great Salahuddin would be pleased to have another defender of the faith.

The Young Omani Diplomat would look at the Sindh Diplomat.

If you could work something out with land claims with the great Caliph himself. I would think you too would be a worthy addition as well, Though, The Choice is yours to make, and then the Confederation's will.

Though... I am sure that the Origional Three would not have any problems with Muslims that would really want to join... Just speak up like the brave Turkish did, And you will be judged!

Further more, Let this Alliance praise peace for Allah... and ofcourse the Infidel's gods.

The young Omani's Diplomat sits down, and awaits the further words of the Caliph's diplomat and the Ayyubid's diplomat.
    Last edited by Merlox; 07-29-2008 at 17:32.

Blog Entries

The Caliphs ambassador, Mahmud, raises and says..

We have come to an agreement with the Turkish Sultanate. The details will be kept between us but we are happy with the results. Because we already agreed to form an alliance with them then the Caliph sees no reason why the Turks can't join the Confederacy. I think that the Ayyubids have nothing against this either.

He looks towards the Ayyubid ambassador..

Blog Entries

the Kypchak begins to blurt something out he planned on saying much earlier...

the Grand Georgian King tells the truth, if my Turkish allies have agreed to hand over these settlements you are very lucky, as it can only be seen as a market! Something you couldnt keep now has to be brought! I hope also by others 'Infidel' gods you do not associate the sky god here, he guides are peoples and lands, say what you like about my lands, but there some of the naturalist most awe-aspiring lands known to man, i'll be watching your movements closely Abbasid...

Blog Entries

Looking the Kypchak ambassador with an anger in his eyes Mahmud says..

The Kypchak Ambassador talks too much in the presence of much more powerful men.
    I would advise him to shut up and listen. Perhaps he might learn something!

Saying that a fiendish smile crosses his face..

The Oman Diplomat would have a bored face now while the Khan diplomat is talking.

Oh please... I don't know if it is a threat, and if it is a threat, it has been the most empty one in all of the court. The people from the khan, All the way up in your lands. Will waste the time to come and watch OUR holy lands while their are bigger threats at your borders... and do not address the Holy Caliph in that way in that way Infidel.. It is not wise.

For this now, He has not only gained peace between the Abbasids.. but also he gained a strong Alliance.. and an Alliance that could even help him. Not just across the sea some Infidel. I am very sure the Holy Caliph has made fair and good deals for the Turkish brothers. Now.. only if the Sindhs would listen to wise words and attempt to join the confederation...

The Oman Diplomat tried to get rid of his face that he had with Khans, Uninterested.

Well... We have most of the "Christian" Diplomats here... And ofcoruse that other one with skies and all of that...

He pointed at the khan diplomat.

I need to find out about the Ghorids and Hindus... the Seljuk Turks and Shahs. They need to attend to this meeting, before they destroy eachother... Am I missing some one..?

The Oman Diplomat looks at the list, and a disgusted look comes onto his face.

Oh... I have seem to forgot about the African Rebels... I didn't know the Great Imam would ever invite such a disgrace... nor... I never thought they were civilized enough to read a letter any ways... Well.. We have to wait for more lands.

The Oman Diplomat looked at the Jerusalem Diplomat.

I do not know how the Kingdom of Jerusalem takes the Great Imam. We must though, Try to keep a healthy, peaceful bond between our people. So, We shall first establish trade rights between our countries.. as we are one of the biggest exporters of the Far Eastern Goods, and you, seem to be the biggest Exporters of Far Western Goods... Am I wrong?
    Last edited by Merlox; 07-29-2008 at 20:35.

Blog Entries

The Kypchak soon replies to the Abbasid...

I speak to much in the presence of more powerful mean, you? with a nation so powerful that you have but a small weak kingdom on the edge of arabia? ha! more powerful? your only power is through bribing and bullying people into handing over there settlements, your the infidel fool!
    and this Oman! what an impolite guest you've turned out to be, i refuse to speak to someone who has even decided to abandon this nation! your weak morals tire, as doe your raw attitudes, i will take my leave now, bye scum!

with this he storms out of the room pushing to the floor the weary guards in front of him...

(will this nation reconsider or stay away for good?)

The Roman Diplomat sits there, with a large grin trying to stop himself with exploading with laughter.

Now... Fellow Diplomats.. See what I had to put up with? Barbarians can not be talked to... Due to the very fact that they can not communicate in a civilized way... and also to consider that his people fail at trading... If he did not fail... he would find that Arabia is one of the richest lands... Just look at the arabian lands now...

The Roman Diplomat Holds up the golden cup and examines it... then exploads with laughter.
    Last edited by Merlox; 07-29-2008 at 21:06.

The Omani diplomat stands up once more after a messenger boy had come running in.

Dear diplomats, I have recieved a letter from the "Khan" himself. I will read you what it says.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries777777
    My explosive servant has been beheaded he will trouble you not now, You believe my and his motives were the same, i should never of trusted such a man to represent our people...
    Very simple and to the point, We may expect another one!.

The diplomat sits back down again.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

The Kingdom of Jerusalem shall accept your request for trade rights for the time being. Indeed, our kingdom and the Roman Empire carry the largest amounts of European goods into the East.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

The Sindh emissary rises and speaks in a hoarse voice;

I have been overly busy with private discussions noble fellows, and so I must apologize for missing the subtle invitation to join the Confederacy. I have sent word to my lord regarding the requests of the Caliph and I am certain he will be in touch soon. For now I can say only, simply, that compensation for these lands will have to be significant and include the establishment of a mutual defense zone.

I would also invite the Omani ambassador to discuss terms for a mutually profitable trade alliance. Our two coastal nations have much to offer one another financially.

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Quttub rises to address the gathering. He has cast off his heavy outer robe and more of his frame is visible, showing him to be very thin and emaciated, almost malnourished.

The Great Salahuddin is the servant of the Caliph of Islam - an ally of the Caliph is an ally of Egypt.

Any nation whom the Caliph considers a worthy member of our confederacy will be welcomed by the Sultan of Egypt as an ally and brother.
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

The Omani's diplomat stands up.

Well, with that said, We are Delighted to have the Turkish empire into The Golden Crescent Confederacy.

The Omani's diplomat bows his head to the Turk Diplomat.

I will accept your proposal Only if that you are to not to act in any hostile way toward the Great Caliph himself or the Confederacy. Once you have made your fair deals with the Caliph, You have the free chance to join into out Confederacy. But for now, it is a modest proposal. and we will accept, if you accept to the terms stated before.

As a act of good will, My northern armies will be called back to the mainland of my Trade Empire. Leaving you with no worries toward the Great trade empire of Imam.

The Omani's diplomat bows to the Sindh diplomat and sits down.

Blog Entries

Mahmud turns to Sindhs emissary...

Of course there will be compensation for these lands. We are not some robbers or worse. The details of this compensation are worked by the Great Caliph himself. We will inform you once we get his message.
    And once we have settled our 'problems' we will welcome you to the Confederacy!

Mahmud smiles and nods to the Sindhs ambassador..

'ERE we have still not got a reply from you about the offer we sent you and so now the offer in null, we ask for faster responces in the furture'

The Roman Diplomat Ignores the Turkish Diplomat now, Muttering things about the confederation.

The Ghorid diplomat finally arrives at the room, puts down a glass of wine and says:

Sorry for arriving so late.

And continue to drink wine untill he receives a letter from one of the Caliph concubine with an indecent proposal that should not be written here.

Blog Entries

Mahmud walks into the room and says..

Due to some troubles in Baghdad I, the Ambassador of the Great Caliph, will have to leave from this Council.
    If anyone wnats to make some deals or sign treaties with us then they can turn to our partners in Confederacy - the Ayyubids or the Omani...

Saying that Mahmud bows to the other delegates and then leaves fast from the room..

Blog Entries

A Tall man walks through the door in the hall as his previous messenger did, as he enters he sees one leaves...
    the mans apperal is of thick leather boots, a bear fur hat and thin verstile clothes, all goes quiet as the messenger burrows himself in a corner choosing to stand as a pose to sit, he says nothing at all through anixety that the last messenger of his kind left, he waits to see what happens next...

The door opens and a man with his traditional dresses enters.Everyone looks for him.He is the diplomat of The glorious Great Seljuk Empire.He is calm and fresh.He has beard and a small nose.His eyes,hairs,beard were all black and he can be easily estimated that he is a TURK.He seems to be come from the steps of his empire...

He said:

I brought word from my Turcoman HAKAN,
    -We are the turks who emigrated from middle asia to the western asia.And we are the sons of Alparslan who destroyed a full army of ERE in Mazdikert with almost no forces.ERE hasnt seen such a threat since our ancestors,The Western Huns attacked to ERE and made ERE their vassals.

-We want peace but everyone knows that we love battle.Battle arenas are bed for us and the blood of enemies are drink and the head of their generals are food for us.

-We happily accepted the trade rights offer of the Guards of Islam,Abbasids.And we want alliance to fight against the enemies of Islam.

-We offer trade rights to our neighbours Kingdom of Georgia.Turks and Georgians had always the same lands,we lived like friends.So let us make a trade rights for getting better money.

-THE Turkish Sultanate is our best friend.We all are turks.Although we had divided,we should have alliances and trade rights.A diplomat near Tabriz is coming to anatolia to offer our brothers an alliance and trade rights with map information for both.If any threat to our brothers(turkish sultanate) happens,the enemy of turkish sultanate can be sure that he will have to face with the brothersip of Rum Turks with us,the turks in middle east,Great Turkish Empire who is descanded from Seljuk Bey.

-Lastly we are familiar about our eastern friend,Ghaznavids,We have a good relationship with them.We are good friends and we want peace and alliance with Ghaznavids.....

These are the words from my Hakan

Let all know that We,Great Turkish Empire, want peace but if any move on our lands or our allies' land happens, you can be sure that we will be the nightmare of our enemies and attack them without any fear.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast