Thread: Campaign Map Impressions

Current Blue Lotus TW Leader Member Rinsui's Avatar

Default Campaign Map Impressions

In response to a special request, I'll post some impressions of the campaign map.
    Remember though that the campaign game is not finished and will take another about 2 month to finish as of 2008/07/28.

The White Palace of Puri (Krishnapur):

The Wall of Shi Ping (Northern border of Zhuanshi):

The Dzongsar Spires (Blue Lotus Sect's Island):
    Rinsui

Default Re: Campaign Map Impressions

When you do get around to finishing the campaign map, can you change that reference to "Mongol hordes" on the Golden Wall to "Karazai hordes"?

That thing has been bothering me since I first downloaded BLTW.
    "The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero (106 BC - 43 BC), 55 BC

The more things change....

Sure thing. No more "Japanese", "Chinese" or "Mongol" or "Indian" stuff for me either.
    Rinsui

Overall I think the map is pretty good.
    But is there a Japan Island? Or is the Penisula?
    I heard the Monk islands were the Phillipines(sp?), so I know that cant be Japan.

Dear Masonop,
    that's a funny peculiarity indeed. Even for the Japanese, the northern part of present-day Japan (Hok-kai-dou) was largely a terra incognita until the 17th century, and to a certain degree even beyond. This is reflected by the map used in Blue Lotus being *very* inaccurate at this point. In fact, it shows Northern Japan as connected to the continent as a peninsula -which it is definitel not. Also, in reality Japan is made up of four distict main islands. In Blue Lotus, it's just one. Navigation without compass and sextants simply did not allow people to be overly exact. In fact, if you look at 14th century European maps, you'll most likely puke from laughter. They always have the Garden of Eden painted right next to the country of one-legged dwarves. ^.^/
    Rinsui

I have looked at old maps, and they as I say retarded, lol.
    Well thats nifty then for the Japan question. :p

And now I cant think of anything to say, I'll get back to you, lol.

i love the map but when i play all i seem to be able to train if to train at all is dummies..... is there a way to fix this

Gotta check the various discussions, man. The campaign is under development right now. Custom battles work fine though. Also only the Japanese factions have their stats completed. Other units may have balanced stats, or may have the old stats from the first beta or the unit they were converted from.

Dito.
    Rinsui