Thread: Now they Listen! FilePlanet.com has Finally Put Up The Shogun section!

Senior Member Senior Member The Daimyo's Avatar

Good News Boys and Girls!

I think I harrassed them enough, and they finally gave in and saw it our way! They have finally made a little Shogun Total War section over at the big 'ol FilePlanet.com site, which is a part of the GameSpy Industries ring of sites.
    They posted the STW MapPack 1.13, and will most likely be posting up the other files that I have sent and will be sending, today.
    I would like to add all of the files to the collection there, and with that get this game and it's community more recognition - along with opening up some other things - hopefully
    The Maps and MapPacks are already in the mix, I submitted the packs, and would like to submit the rest of the Map Editing stuff to them right away! All of the makers getting their names slapped up there with them - of course!
    Hmm, then there's the Logfile Readers, those should go up as well, along with the Demo Maps I am hogging over here, and some other stuff...like official files and such, those all need to be stowed in the new section. Some of the official files are floating in Limbo over there, (you have to do a Search to find them).
    I'll request that all of the STW related files be moved into their proper places in the New STW files section.
    If you all want your files and such added, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ABOUT IT! I will do my best to make it so!
    To see the Shogun section go here:
    http://www.fileplanet.com/index.asp?section=1455

Thanks!

------------------
    The Daimyo
    Miaowara "Kakizaki" Tomokato
    @ http://www.planettotalwar.com

[This message has been edited by The Daimyo (edited 05-10-2001).]

yeeeee

*clap* *clap* *clap*

well done, u can find the logfilereader and pictures on www.totalwar.club.tip.nl see downloads
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

thanks daimyo. good job :)

one note to other folks hosting sites in our community: i hadnt ever used the 3rd party log file readers until yesterday. to my surprise i had to look around quite a bit to find magy's and the widda one. i only found each of them at one site and both were at differnt sites. after trying out magy's i went, wow, this is a cool program. so, come on guys, let's post these up on all the sites out there that are doing downloads. *cough, cough* including the org. sorry, but i couldnt find it on the org, except for a thread in the mods section of the sword dojo which was a bit old and hard to find.

K.

Vanya/Slice...send your Logreader to TheDaimyo...........your one is the best, nothing can compare with it...SEND SEND

------------------
    May the honour be with you all..........EuroSan the reborned spirit of LinkSan
    May the honour be with you all..........EuroSan the reborned spirit of LinkSan

Senior Member Senior Member Dark Phoenix's Avatar

Well I disagree San I think Widdas is the best. I wouldnt be biased at all seeing he is Doragon Daimyo.

Widdas and Magys are here on Teras site.

------------------
    DoragonPhoenix of the Clan Doragon
    DP is correct - Shiro

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Alas... I would send TheDaimyo my log reader... but I know not where to send it to... is there an email address or something?

Of course, my reader has never been publicized before, with only a few select recipients benefiting from direct delivery. That is why I am sure nobody will recognize mine. hehe

But I am honored, San, that you think mine the best.

SO... I figure: why not. Post the email, or tell me where to find it and I'll send it. And if anyone wants a copy, post their email here too and I'll see what I can do. And if the ORG or other community site wants to place my reader in their downloads section, I will be happy to send it you youz as well.

San: I have added some stuff since you got your last copy, hehe. But 2.0 wont be out 'till after the Mongol Invasion is released -- for obvious reasons...

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]

I'm glad you all are up for it, if you want to send me an email, or a link to your file. My email can be found in my profile here and at my site. I'll make it simple: thedaimyo@planettotalwar.com

I'll start sending in those files right away!

------------------
    The Daimyo

Can you receive an 11 MB whopper?

No, I can't. Most mail clients won't allow for it. 5 megabytes is the limit usually.

Tell me where you have it and I can go download it in like 30 seconds flat!

------------------
    The Daimyo

Hmmm... looks like I'll have to make a web site just for that...

I'll send you the URL this weekend when I make the site...

:|

I'll see what the ZIPped size is first, though... hehe That, or I can send you several emails with 1 MB CAB files...

Actually, if you have ICQ you can send it to me via File transfer - but if you've only got a 56k that could take 2 hours to do. Hmm, You say you haven't seen what the ZIP size of it is yet?
    LOL, well then perhaps you should do that first, it'll probably shrink it down to 4-5 megs, using the Maximum compression method.

While you're at it, make sure any graphic files that you have in it are sized down to a minimum resolution size and dpi for clarity, and small file format (JPEG is usally best for making them small). You don't need more than 75dpi on most application's helper pics and such. That's all up to you though. Plus, make sure it doesn't include any VB or .DLL files that already come with Windows, unless they are using their own folder (no overwriting of System files I mean). If you want, I can do all that for you if it's necessary.
    My ICQ# is in my profile here as well, feel free to request that I add you.
    I'll be in and out around here and online tonight.

------------------
    The Daimyo

I can send you the bare EXE... that is only like 488K! (And the readme, too, of course). If you want, you can then add any windows/system DLLs it needs... the dependancies are listed in the readme...

The 11 MB whopper is the whole enchilada, with all VB and system DLLs packaged with the assumption nobody has them or nobody has the required version.

If just the EXE/readme is good for you, I can send it to you tonight when I get back from work...

Oh, and I dont have ICQ... sorry...

Connection is never a problem with me... I have a super fast one...

Vanya..umm...ICQ is free, you can get it from www.icq.com . Then look me up if you still want to do this.

Thanks!

------------------
    The Daimyo

I emailed you the EXE and readme. Tell me if you have any problems running it.

Since I do not anticipate ever using ICQ, I figure its not worth my while to fetch it, install it, and figure out how the heck to use it. I did get it though, but I am blinded by its light, which has lead me astray, and now I can't find my way back. I have felt the elephant, and it feels like papyrus...

Enjoy!

[/B][/QUOTE]

[This message has been edited by Vanya (edited 05-16-2001).]

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

i think yer feelin the wrong end of the elephant there, vanya ;)

K.