Thread: Awsome tactic that works really well!

I've been messin with different tactics and found one to work 99% of the time, if they take the bait. I had one or two losses out of many because I let myself get outflanked trying different ways to employ it. I got the idea from the battle of Cannea where Hannibal defeating a roman army twice his size using the double envelopement tactic. This is a little different but can leave devestating results to the enemy. And what's best is that it works better against people than comps.

Here we go:
    Select the group formation CRANE. Now there will be 2-3 units in the middle, with your general behind. Put your general right in the middle, a little in front of the rest of your army. Now you should have your general with a unit on each flank slightly behind. Your general is the bait! Now, place a unit behind each of your generals flanker units, and 2 units well behind your general. Have your extreme left and right flanks of your army well guarded or you will be outflanked, or incase they don't fall for the trap. Now if the enemy takes the bait and sends units at your general, no matter how many(even if just one), back your general off at the last second(takes awhile to get the timing just right). Have him run to the back, then as the enemy goes inside your center, use the units behind the generals flankers to hit him from both sides, then the two units behind your general if needed. If you don't have enough units to put behind your general, attack with your general as well as the others. The unit(s) that charged after your general will be annihilated quickly, allowing you to go through your open center, swing around, and hit them from behind. If done correctly the enemy will be annihilated, or sometimes you may just barely win.

The trick here is to use your general as bait. But if you know you are facing an experienced player, don't be so obvious and place a different unit in the center, like a high honor ya, or medium honor ys.

I just played a game where the guy sent about 5 no-dachis after my general. My whole army made a circle around him and I had like 950 kills and 300 losses.

Newbies this is a lesson btw. Don't blindly send units charging. Have a coordinated attack, with back-up plans, before your fight. Think of the game as chess in which you will get stomped if you don't plan moves ahead and think of every combo your enemy can do.
    - A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.
    - The only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history.

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

I've done this tactic, but usally using muskets and/or archers as far flanking units. that way i can also shoot at his charging units from the sides as well as envelope them. Works great unless you play a opponent who likes to camp.

Well this tactic might work but there are people like me that don't have as a primary target the general but the entire enemy army

------------------
    Don't use only honour, use theforce, too.
    http://darksideclan.fateback.com
    Enter the Darkside...
    I cannot return l presume so l will keep my name among those who are dead by bows!
    http://www.dedicatedgaming.com/~angelsofdarkness

hey man. if ur tactic works that well, then dont give it out, thats my secret
    Never underestimate the power of Dwarfs..

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Bah, my mindless peasant mob would eat that alive... not to mention run off with the head of the 'bait' taisho on a bayonet... Oops, I dont think they had bayonets... make that arquebus barrels...
    [Sips sake, eats popcorn]

TheDarkDwarf:

Why not give it out? I'm sure I can think of better ones, but it just so happens that this one has had a lot of success. A really good player may know what's up, and decide to go for the flanks. If that's the case then this formation covers the flanks really well.

Besides, the formation won't do anything, it's how you use the formation.
    - A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.
    - The only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history.

Senior Member Senior Member BlackWatch McKenna's Avatar

Yep, that is one of em, High.

If you like to see how that one gets beat, as well as the other classic ones, meet me online and we can practice

------------------
    // Black
    // "Did we win?"
    // Black

// "Did we win?"

Mind you an experienced player would be prepared for this strategy. Once you get hit like that from all sides it tends to stick in your brain and you are watching out for it always.
    As far as sharing strategies I believe it helps all players to reflect on what works and what doesn`t, that is the way we become better warriors.

check out tactics at my site, in the drunken masters section..

theyre a bit lame though, only suited for "seasoned newbies" hehe

blatant plug

------------------
    Kikujiro's Shoggie Dojo

Great read though Kikujiro. Didn't you promise me 'hill hugging' a while back. Maybe after 'rushes pt. 2'.

You get my vote for most entertaining tactics site.

erm, oki

------------------