Thread: RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR)

Xsaçapāvan é Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar

Default RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - ceased after finished -

RISE OF ARSACIDS

This is a BI.exe campaign with campaign difficulty Hard and Battle Difficulty Medium.
    I just added Roma Surrectum textures. I also tried Farce diplomacy mini mod but it crushed my EB so ı had to install it again without it

RISE OF ARSACIDS

The year 272 BC the descandants of Alexander turned to each other.
    The Greeks were busy to fight to ignore other factions that will rise.

In the west Romanis are about to unite whole Italy.
    Pyrrhus looks like to give up his Italian territories and left the fate to their own will.

The phonecians built a city named "New City" and became one dominant power in African Coast even
    they were about to dominate Iberia. Celtiberians were in hopeles situation without any unity in the peninsula they do not promise a bright future. Like other Celts relatives in Galia.

Casse faction trys to unite whole Island. Sweboz also trys to unite all German tribes.

Getai looks like an isolated land but very dangerous to face them.

Epirus, Macedons and Greek Federation have unceasing war between each other.

Arche Seleukeia struggles to survive both in east and west but She has many enemies Ptolemic Egypt has still dreams to have Syria. Pontos and Hayasdan do not look like very loyal. Saromaute is stopped by Hayasdan but how long?

As that is not enough Bactrian Rulers and Parthian Straph rebels....

but The Arche Seleukeia did not meet their worst enemy yet.

Dahaes as the greeks call them as robbers slowly puts their eyes into territories of Arche Seleukeia that is still trying to wake her death bed.

Old King Phrapates the father of Arshak the elder, crown prince of pahlava and The grandfather of young Army Commander of Arshak.
    He thought he had an enough hard life and wanted to spend his last days in his Capital city , Nisa.

He left the administration to his son and left the army to his young grandson Arshak.

Arshak the elder chose to live in Khiva and were busy to save his state from bankrupcy.

His son Arshak the younger ordered all of the Generals and his man to mobilize in the capital. No one was sure what was hidden in his thoughts.

Before the winter he managed to unite all of Pahlava Armies in Nisa.

Then an unexpected thing happened.

Arshak passed the boundries of Arche Seleukeia lands and most of his men thought he would raid the lands of Arche Seleukeia and come home but Arshak went into deeper and deeper into the heart of Margiane Province.

When the Garrison of Antiocheia-Margiane saw the Pahlavan Riders they alarmed the Old General Achaios; but he was sure the pahlavans would raid and go later. He collected the civillians into the city and closed the Gates.

But When he was awake next morning. Arshak and his "0ne Thousand soldiers" were still there and one forgot the close the gates.

Old Achaios was to late to respond.

As his spies manages to open the gates for him Arshak ordered his "One Thousand Men" to start the arrow rain.

Civillians were panicked. Puny garrison melted under the arrow rains but although Old General Achaios saw the inevitable end, he ordered his men to charge!

When the arrow rain stopped and the streets of Antiocheia-Margiane were saturated with blood.
    Arshak found old Achios lies dead.

When The King heard the raid become conquest, at first he was happy but later he was lost in thoughts.

Next days The King got many messengers.

Pontos, Hayasdan and Baktria had broken their alliances with arche Seleukeia and were ready to support
    Pahlava.

Everybody wanted to see Arshak the younger but he didnot return to Capital even he left his first conquest and rumours spread than he was on the way of Marakanda.

When The Great King heard the news of fall of the city and the betrayal of his allies. He swore to wipe out all Pahlavans.

But the Great Rebellion already started and and Marakanda was under attack and all knowledable Generals of Arche Seleukeia knew that hard times for arche Seleukeia just began!

Last edited by Atraphoenix; 08-19-2008 at 19:54. Reason: mistakes

My Submods for EB
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill

Member thankful for this post:

kambiz 

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Default Re: RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR)

Nice start! Keep it up, there hasn't been a good Pahlava AAR for a while now.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

I am still fighting with CTD. aprr. a CTD for every 20-25 turns sometimes in every each 10 turns.

I mostly play M M , but hard is OK . the problem is many of my neighbours went bankrupcy. and they are doing nothing. I want Bakria to conquer India later I want to start The Great Indian War.

yes A I is more agressive but I havent met a rebel army besieged either one of my own or other factions
    city .

I need a force diplomacy for BI for EB minimod of Ferromancer compitable with his great mod otherwise my planned schedule will suck

My Submods for EB
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished

Could you not tinker with the EBBS? To give Baktria extra money, or even spawn an army for them?

Same with other factions. I have found that the smaller AI controlled factions seem to fare a lot better on VH than on H, so it may be something to consider.

but you cant even make a trade agreement in VH.
    without FD I cannot give my loyal ally baktria ( just for now :-) ) ı can only use console but I hate cheating I want to give them as a real gift for their aid and loyalty but pahlava is very poor I cannot even afford one full field army :-(
    maybe after ı conquer persian land and mesopotamia I can enrich my state a bit....

My Submods for EB

Chapter II

Transoxiana War

Arshak continued his Blitz Campaign in Transaxonia; Marakanda later Alexandreia-Eschate were conquered.

Transoxina War ends and Arshak rested his army in winter.
    Next Spring Old King and his son Arshak the Elder were happy to see both conquests of Arshak and Tirdad who became grown enough to take command.

In summer 269 BC Arshak after he finished his Transaxiona Campaign.
    Arshak and his brother prepared for their Hyrkania Campaign.

The treasure started to feed at least a field army that can blitz throughout Arche Seleukeia lands but
    not to finish it.

Arshak aimed to capture caspian coast and later to seperate Arche Seleukeia into two parts after the capture of Susa and Charax. On the other hand his brother offered him to seperate their forces while Tirdad moves from Caspian Coast Arshak would campaign in the east by capturing indian possesings
    of Arche Seleukeia without giving them any chance to apply this plan Arche Seleukeia sent reinforcements to oppose them both.

Their plans failed but they did not.......
    but the rest is another story.....
    Last edited by Atraphoenix; 08-11-2008 at 11:46. Reason: image hosting problem

My Submods for EB

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

I'm very happy to see there is a new wave of AAR's, especially those nvolving factions that are not given proper respect and attention. Good luck with it!

Maion
    ~Maion

A Pahlavan AAR - I am very happy to see this, I wish you luck, accurate arrows, satisfied readers and I hope this AAR will not die.

my balloons

Thanks a lot. you make me shy

one more I finally downloaded Force diplomacy mod without crushing.

Epirotes became dominant in Balkan peninsula even romans gave up taras I will support KH and macedonia after I finished my Indian campaign against AS I managed to divide AS but it will be o long very long story

My Submods for EB

Chapter III

THE GREAT PERSIAN WAR

Early Stages

Arshak was marching to Asaak after he had finished his Transaxiona War successfully. General Chionis sent by the King tried to stop him.

But he failed and dishonoured his name by running from the battlefield.

At the same time General Autophradates tried to do same thing but he neglected Tirdad who taught his last lesson that General learned with the price of his own life.

Late Reinforcements arrived Asaak and attacked Tirdad.

Tirdad did not mercy them. All of A.S. Army were completely annihilated.

Asaak rebelled against Arche Seleukeia and dismissed the Governor.

Although Arshak (Arsaces) were happy to see cities are rebelling, he did not think that they will survive
    a long time so he decided to take Asaak for himself.

and he really took.

Arshak ( Arsaces ) pushed forward and tried to assault unwalled Hekatompylos.

Defenceless Hekatompylos coul not resist Arshak ( Arsaces ) too much.

Tirdad attacked from the north and besieged Zadrakata while his brother attacked from south and besieged Apameia.

The King sent more men to fight with Arshak.

Reinforcements arrived in Apameia and attacked Arshak.

Arshak did not leave any alive soldier.

Tirdad started his assault to conquer Zadrakata and he conquered it.

After the successful campaigns of his grandsons Old King Phrapates accepted to supply them and reinforce.

Arshak (Arsaces) chose to move south. He aimed to capture Ancient Capital, Persepolis.

He left Apameia with his army in Spring 266 B.C. and his legendary THE GREAT PERSIAN CAMPAIGN just began!

Last edited by Atraphoenix; 08-11-2008 at 12:38.

My Submods for EB

Another excellent update, congratulations! Your little kingdom seems to turn into a capable empire, now isn't it?
    Good luck!

Maion
    Last edited by Maion Maroneios; 08-12-2008 at 13:39.
    ~Maion

It is just the beginning, about to finish mesopotamian war but it will be very short in comparison to Persian War.

I just cleared Persia from greeks but that time rebels started to besiege my towns...

next chapter will be very long...

I am tired of As reinforcements in each turn at least 2 battles...

My Submods for EB

Chapter IV

THE GREAT PERSIAN WAR

Reconquest of Persia

Arshak (Arsaces) swore that he will rest until he conquer Ancient Persian Land and ancient capital, Persepolis.

He arrived at Gabai. After he saw that the city quite defenceless, no walls, poor garrison; he immediately assaulted the city.

Without much resistance he easily conquered Gabai.

On the other hand, Arche Seleukeia was not willing to give up easily.
    The King sent reinforcements to take Gabai back.
    Arshak althugh had no time to build wall, did not complain about.

After Arshak(Arsaces) repulsed A.S. Army, he marched forward to realize his greatest dream,
    "The conqueror of Persepolis".

General Andromachos and reinforcements met him at the gates of Persepolis.
    The general just ran way and left Persepolis Defenceless.

After his victory, Arshak was ready to seige Persepolis when he heard that The Grandfather of Arshak, Old King Phrapates died, and his father ascended to the throne of Pahlava.

He, himself was declared by his father as the "Crown Prince of Pahlava" to honour his name and his father he wanted give his father a very precious gift, Persepolis.
    He started to besiege of Persepolis. General Andromachos was in a hopeless situation.
    He had lost his reinforcements and only have few men to defend the city.

Arshak crushed puny Garrison of Persepolis and celebrated both the conquest of Persepolis and his declaration as Crown Prince.

He was now not just Arshak, even not just Crown Prince; he became the "Conqueror of Persepolis!"
    Cyrus the great really rested in peace after that day and all persian people were happy to see the revenge of Achamenids started. The legendary Persepolis again became the Capital of Persian people.

While Arshak "the Conqueror" rested his men in new Capital, his bother did not stop. He marched to Media.

He met an A.S. army unfortunately the destiny did not favour him like his brother. He retreated after the bloody battle.

Even this was not enough for Selucids. An army also besieged Persepolis.

Arshak the Conqueror decided act fast and without waiting for the reinforcements, he sallied.
    He knew that the more under siege the less morale his men will get.

With the encouragements of their great leader Pahlavans did not mercy the attackers.
    None left alive.

Arshak the Conqueror managed to divide Arche Seleukeia into two parts.
    He sent his brother to march again. Tirdad accepted the offer for he wanted to retaliate his defeat.
    Seeing to attack Ekbatana will be suicidal, he concentrated his forces to march Susa.

Seleucids saw the situation was quite dangerous for them to relive and unite with the eastern territories , attacked Gabai. Gabai had no wall but had General Farnabazou sent by Arshak to defend the city.

He did not dishonour Pahlavans and repulsed the assault.

After hearing Gabai was OK, Tirdad marched on and besieged Susa.

and he retaliated his defeat and conquered Susa.

After these insulting defeats Seleucids lost their temper.
    Eastern provinced left to the their destiny.
    Although they resisted heroically against Arshak the Conqueror, they had no chance.

Arshak succesfully applied the tactics of DIVIDE AND CONQUER!

My Submods for EB

and finally I made ceasefire with AS . updates will come soon.
    my loyal ally Baktria betrayed me. so I have to fight in two frontiers in east with baktria in west with egypt that attacked their ex-provinces that was taken by AS now under my rule..

so I will post AS wars and later ı should choose which enemy to strike hard...

at the moment eastern frontier was hopeless while egyptians were quite easy prey..

My Submods for EB

Chapter V

THE GREAT PERSIAN WAR

DIVIDE AND CONQUER

After Pahlavans succesfully repulsed the counterattacks; Arshak decided to act fast.
    Mostly with the mercenaries he could find he marched the A.S. lands in the east that he successfully separated from mainland of the Arche Seleukeia.

Seleucids had to fight in more than three frontier; with Ptolemaioi, Macedons, Pontos...
    They had no chance to reinforce the seperated eastern provinces.

Karmana fell...

So did Prophthasia....

at the same time Tirdad repulsed the sally and captured Ekbatana.

However although that was not enough to fight with Seleukids; A rebel army started to besiege Historical Heart of Pahlava; Hekatompylos.

Arshak was unaware of rebellion in Hekatompylos, he continued his campaign and conquered Alexandreia-Ariana.

but the bad news spoiled Arshak's good mood.

Hekatompylos was fallen. Rebel Warlord Sepehrmanesh had taken the city. he declared him as the True King of Pahlava.

Arshak sent trusted general Gondofar to crush the rebels.

He besieged the town.

but after fierce battle he retreated.

but luckily he slaughtered Rebel King in the assault.

after the death of the their leader the rebels could not resist Gondogar next time.

after the supressing the rebellion Arshak started to move West.
    Instead of waiting his borther; Tirdad decided act while the iron still hot.

He conquered Phraaspa in the spring of 255 BC.

Whole of Persian Lands were united under Pahlavan Banner in 255 BC.

After his return from indian campaign and to stop his invasion of mesopotamia A.S. Armies attacked Arshak.

He utterly defeated the enemy and entered Mesopotamia.

The siege of Charax started in 255 BC Autumn.

and

"MESOPOTAMIAN WAR JUST STARTED!"
    Last edited by Atraphoenix; 08-15-2008 at 21:45. Reason: mistakes

My Submods for EB

in 255 BC Persia united, and I have no idea what to do now I prepared mesopotamian and Syrian episodes..

so I can post two more chapters after that chapters I am indecisive wether to continue that AAR or not anyway after I signed peace agreement with A.S. both Ptolemaioi and my loyal Baktria attacked me so this situation already exceeded my limits so I am planning to finish this AAR after I will have posted with the

"Fall of Antiocheia" ....

I puzzled now on the game is around 240s now....

If there will be a reasonable idea that will inspire my AAR maybe some more chapters I can add.

I hope you are enjoying my first trial of AAR.

I am sure that my next AAR will be much more better.

My Submods for EB

very nice AAR, perhaps some screenshots from the battle map (not only the result) would make it even better

(you have a small mistake in your sig, the quote should start with I don't know)

my balloons

very nice AAR, perhaps some screenshots from the battle map (not only the result) would make it even better
    Hmn, you are right.

but I can only apply it my next AAR cos I already finished the campaign. Just I think how to write more.

I am reading crazy great AARs that inspires me much but again no chance to put in this AAR

My Submods for EB

Great update, as always. Eagerly awaiting for the rest!

Maion
    ~Maion

Great update, as always. Eagerly awaiting for the rest!
    Thanks, Mesopotamian War is ready waiting to be uploaded.

then I am planning to finish with last chapter "Fall of Antiocheia" .

Because of the fact that I blitz I have no chance to put battle screenshoots which I regret now.

so after finishing this AAR I have many creative ideas to put my next AAR.

I am still undecisive wether another Pahlava AAR, or old pal Romans.

As there are zillions of Roman AARs I think to write AAR on Pahlava would be a better idea.

I will be happy to hear your comments.

P.S. I confess that Blitzing is a good strategy for the game but for AAR and role playing I regret it.

I aimed to post this AAR to show how to play with pahlavans cos many ignore this wonderful faction.
    and many gives up because of its challenge.

with no money only some great generals can change the fate of persia and even revive Achamenids, That's what ı want to show. I hope I succeded a bit.
    Last edited by Atraphoenix; 08-18-2008 at 09:32. Reason: mistakes

My Submods for EB

CHAPTER VI

FALL OF ANTIOCHEIA

yes. the last chapter...

Arshak with his highly moraled army conquered Charax in the winter of 255 BC.

but he could not enjoy his conquest when he heard that there became a serious uprising in Ekbatana that had taken his brother.

Arshak mourned for days. His mind gone paralized. His loyal men felt that he will not the same Arshak again.

His men were right.

General Herakliedes besiged Susa.

and Susa fell.

Arshak with the motivation of his men and his people. Finally he tried to react before Arche Seleukeia retakes previous possesions.

Spies reported that General Herakliedes was planning to strike hard and even make a campaign against Persepolis that Arshak has conquered and granted his legendary name "The Conqueror".

Army was already ready to fight.

His advisors told him to strike Babylon and Seleukeia.

He followed his advisors.

He assaulted Babylon and managed to conquer it.

The world knew his now as the "Conqueror of Babylon".

on the other hand, Arche Seleukeia mobilized his armies at least to defend Seleukeia from Arshak.

Arshak besieged Seleukeia in the Spring of 253 BC at the first time.

First reinforcements caught him off-guard but Arshak defeated and completely annihilated first reinforcement army of A.S.

The second reinforcements on the other hand left no choice Arshak and his tired army to retreat to Babylon.

Arshak after resting in Babylon prepared and again attacked Seleukeia without listening his advisor on bad effects of winter campaigning.

The governor of Seleukeia General Heraklion sallied to relive second siege.

Although his sally was successful and his men repulsed Arshak. General Heraklion fell in battle.

Arshak, after the death of the heroic governor; he planned to apply Troyan Horse Tactic and became successful.

In the Spring of 252 BC, Pahlavan soldiers entered Seleukeia thank to the spy who managed to open the gates.

Seleukids fought hard but could not repulse the assault.

Finally in the third attempt Arshak conquered Seleukeia.

Now his men called him as Shahanshan "King of Kings"

After securing Mesopotamia Arshak marched Susa to reconquer.

After the reconquest os susa, Arshak did not stop in Susa, he continued his campaign.

Arbela fell in 250 BC Summer.

Karkathiokerta fell 249 BC spring.

Javanmard grows mature after Arshak successfully completed Mesopotamian war.

After growing of his son, Arshak left the army in the hands of his son.

He did not disappoint his father.

He successfully utterly defeated two Arche Seleukeia Armies.

After his victories, Javanmard found it suitable to strike Syria.

He besieged Edessa.

Reinforcements from Capital, Antiocheia attacked Javanmard with the last hope to relieve Edessa.

After the bloody battle Javanmard again heavily defeated Seleukids.

Edessa surrendered after the bad news of defeat of the army.

Next year Arshak the Elder Died.

Arshak as a crown Prince Pahlava ascended to the throne of Pahlava.

Javanmard was declared as Crown Prince as he was the only son of Arshak.

In the 247 Bc Summer, that The remnants of Arche Seleukeia never forgot that date.

Both to finish war A.S. , and to conquer Antiocheia Javanmard marched Syria and passed Euphrates.

The siege of Antiocheia began!

A.S. Armies run to save the capital.

No one remembers now how the battle ended.

Some said A.S. Army saved the capital and a fnal peace agreement signed by Pahlava and Seleukeia.

Some said Javanmard completely destroyed A.S. Armies and entered Antiocheia. He razed the city down.

With the thousands of gold pieces he returned to Seleukeia to build the legendary City just opposite to Seleukeia.

"Ctesiphon"

--------------------------------------------------------------

This was the last breath of the story teller. He died in peace.

His last word was "I am diying my sons but happily because I saw Persia was united under one banner...
    The banner of Arshak! Now my friends are waiting for me for the good news of the Re-Conquest of Persia and revenge of Pahlava!

They were good days...

They were...."

--------------------------------

The Legend of Rise of Arsacids was born in Persia and spread throughout the world......

My Submods for EB

OK, my first AAR finished.

As I am planning to write a second one but in Alex.exe just updated, works OK so far.

I also added minimod of "||Lz3||"

nowadays I trying to cahnge some important things.

As minimod has also city mod. I am looking for how to change it. Persia has only one huge city seleukeia.

So my plan is to set persepolis as huge and mybe Hekatompylos also.

Susa and Ekbatana as large cities because they were joint capitals of Parthian historically.

anyway after trying alex.exe a bit , my plan is to write a new Pahlava AAR.

I am indecisive wether it should be H/M or VH/M .

I found fraps so I will have zillions of SHs that what I was begging because it became quite boring every time printscreen alt+tab save in paint ....

So I hope you enjoyed my first AAR. It had many amateur mistakes I know.

This week I may shape the main perpectives of my next AAR.

I will not blitz cos it is not good for AAR.

I hope alex.exe can give me good contributions and less CTDs.

Anyway I decided just to start with Pahlava again on Alex.exe, the other issues may have finished this week.

I still welcome your comments and I am madly waiting your ideas on what was missing and what can be better in my AAR by comparing my first AAR.

only thing I am certainly add battle screenshots. thanks to fraps

if anyone interested I can send my pictures on request.

Thank for the dudes who commented on my AAR and of course EB team for such a wonderful mod!

My Submods for EB

Sad you never got to rampage with hordes of cataphracts, but impressive you were able to conquer so much with such a rag tag army. I couldn't do that, I get attached to my armies, and hate to lose units/replace them.
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

I am planning a slow AAR with alex.exe, yes as a strategy you have blitz AS in game but in AARs it is looked good as it is seen in this AAR.

to have this, you have to trust mercenaries otherwise you have to wait MICs which allows you your elites.

in that AARs nearly 80% of my army were mercenaries.
    Last edited by Atraphoenix; 08-20-2008 at 10:50.

My Submods for EB