Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: MTW-Redux Beta Released!

Default Re: MTW-Redux Beta Released!

3000+ downloads!

As of this weekend the RXB1007 has managed to generate over 3000 downloads in total (since release), which of course is fantastic but also amazing as the base-game (MTW1) is... Almost 17 freaking years old, which is essentially a small eternity in the fleeting world of video-games. Yup, almost 17 years old AND a sequel on top as well! As unlikely candidate as that, and still some people evidently keep playing MTW and Redux all the same! It is some 13 years since the RX-project started - more then 10 years (and counting) on the public scene. Needles to say, the RXB1007 and the entire Redux-project have exceeded any expectation I had (or dared to have) on it, as I first started working on it in 2006. Its all somewhat unbelievable and amazing to me - yet its true... Imagine that....

Any comments/thoughts on all this?

- A

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Re: MTW-Redux Beta Released!

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon View Post
    HHi Edyz, you have ended up an administrator?!? That's quite a promotion... Congratulations? You may very well be the first Org-administrator - since Tosa - that I might actually get along with. That is a welcome change. Let's hope for that. Anyhow, I do welcome this unexpected surprise but I can't help but to wonder what changed your mind? I mean, Redux have been around and supported here for more then 10 years - so why the sudden urge to play it now? Is there a special reason for this?- A
    Hi there Ax,

Thank you for the kind words.

To be fair to you, the state of modern gaming right now has left me a bit indifferent. I mean there are still plenty of games I do play but that fantastic excitement of playing a game like MTW is not there with the new games. And I've played vanilla TW for a while, so I'm looking to freshen things up a bit.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324