Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris's Ludicrous Migration

Default Chris's Ludicrous Migration

I wanted to do a migration, so I decided to migrate Lusotann. Below, you can see a map of my journey (and my destination).

(If you cant read it, most of the text is dates, and FL DIES)

As you can see, it was a fair walk. I took Sind province in 248 BC, and i'm working on getting some more income. I have a slight cash problem ( -750000 ), but I have a plan to work my way out of that, involving selling my starting settlement, and taking some more towns. Might take a while though.

I actually didn't fight any battles on the journey, as I sent my diplomat ahead to make alliances/give gifts/act as a spy. My original spy died on an 85% chance of success mission.

The AI has done some interesting things too. Rome has taken some Carthaginian island provinces, and Makedon destroyed KH in 269, after invading Rhodes.

So, on the todo list for my amazingly poor Indo-Iberian Empire :

1. Fix cash problem
    2. Move new family members from starting settlement to new lands ( another walk, but they are mounted, so should go quicker )
    3. Work my way back west
    4. Take Spain and Ireland. Maybe the rest of the map too
    Last edited by Chris_; 08-08-2008 at 23:31.

Default Re: Chris's Ludicrous Migration

That is..awesome.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Satalextos Basileus Seron Member satalexton's Avatar

This is blasphemy, this is MADNESS...

"ΜΗΔΕΝ ΕΩΡΑΚΕΝΑΙ ΦΟΒΕΡΩΤΕΡΟΝ ΚΑΙ ΔΕΙΝΟΤΕΡΟΝ ΦΑΛΑΓΓΟΣ ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΚΗΣ" -Lucius Aemilius Paullus

White Panther (Legalize Weed!) Member AlexanderSextus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by satalexton View Post
    This is blasphemy, this is MADNESS...
    THIS. IS. INDIA!

*kicks satalexton into a pit full of cobras*
    Do you hate Drug Cartels? Do You believe that the Drug War is basically a failure? Do you think that if we Legalized the Cannabis market, that use rates would drop, we could put age limits on cannabis, tax it, and other wise regulate it? Join The ORG Marijuana Policy Project!

In American politics, similar to British politics, we have a choice between being shot in our left testicle or the right testicle. Both parties advocate pissing on the little guys, only in different ways and to a different little guy.

Talking Re: Chris's Ludicrous Migration

Wow. That puts all my migration campaigns to shame. Well done, Chris...!

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

Just finished playing a bit more. Since I was so poor (-750000), whenever I proposed anything to the AI, such as selling map information for ~500 mnai, they would just offer me a gift instead! Guess they really feel sorry for me. I just took the city above Patala, and a town in mainland Spain just revolted back to me, from my Carthaginian allies. I have around 4.5k profit a turn, and cash of -616000, so I should be out of debt in just 34 years . Hopefully everyone will leave me alone till then, since im running low on actual units. I even abandoned Pura because I didnt want to risk a unit of spearmen.

There and Back Again (quite literally): A Spanirds Journey, by Chirs.

You should make this into an AAR man. It dwarfs anything I've ever attempted.
    Last edited by TWFanatic; 08-09-2008 at 04:13.
    It would be a violation of my code as a gentleman to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.-Veeblefester
    Ego is the anesthetic for the pain of stupidity.-me
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-Sir Winston Churchill
    ΔΟΣ ΜΟΙ ΠΑ ΣΤΩ ΚΑΙ ΤΑΝ ΓΑΝ ΚΙΝΑΣΩ--Give me a place to stand and I will move the earth.-Archimedes on his work with levers
    Click here for my Phalanx/Aquilifer mod

hell this is more epic than the lord of the rings and 300!
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

I'm back in the black! Its now 185BC, and I have 23000. I lost Patala to Phalava when they sent a small army - I couldn't rout units with my FMs without taking too many losses. Now based in Opiana, I just recruited some Indian Longbowmen and built a stone wall, which should keep me safe from Phalavans. Now I need to secure a larger base area, then head back to Spain.

In case you were wondering, here's what I'll be fighting through :

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I mean, I know they're called the Yellow Death, but this is ridiculous. They just exploded in 10 years, and show no signs of stopping. They are also using naval assaults, as you can see on Italy.

Last edited by Chris_; 08-09-2008 at 07:51.

At least it won't get boring too fast... (if it is not boring for you to fight a couple of full stacks a season, that is)

What .exe are you using?
    Read about glory and decline of the Seleucid Empire... (EB 1.1 AAR)

from Satalexton from I of the Storm from Vasiliyi

Apart from the Romani and of course Chris_'s crazy Lusotanna all living factions seem to have taken rather plausible expansion routes...
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

You are absolutely freaky...just having that idea is madness, but actually pulling this through and establishing a firm base on the other side of the world...awesome
    I think I should try the same with the Saka Rauka and perhaps move to Ireland

How did you make your maps? I'm interested if you found a quick and easy way of colouring only the provinces as I myself log my campaign progress simultaneously on a killsheet (edited one from SPQR mod and added an "Action"-Sheet where I write down all important happenings like diplomatic changes, battles, expansion strategies etc.) and a map of campaign. I used the same map as you did (the giant one with 3000x1857 pixels^^) but colouring everything "from hand" takes quite a while as I update my map every 5 years with a new layer showing the current size of all factions.

Wargamer-Project - Kampagne IX

I guess this is another "Shameless advert for the Replay Viewer by Chris_", then?
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios View Post
    Apart from the Romani and of course Chris_'s crazy Lusotanna all living factions seem to have taken rather plausible expansion routes...
    Wonder if me walking through making alliances with everyone had some effect on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios
    I guess this is another "Shameless advert for the Replay Viewer by Chris_", then?
    At the minute it doesn't make replays, but it can load data about the owners of cities, their stats etc, and generates a map (which can be saved). I just did another advert. Damnit.

Re : Migration
    Took Gandhara and Sind back, but Phalava is sending hordes of Pantadapoi at me, whose only purpose is to make squelchy sounds when they get shot by arrows/ran down by horses. Also being asked by them to become a protectorate every turn by this diplomat that seems to enjoy hanging around my capital. Random towns in Spain keep revolting to me and killing my economy with full stacks of troops.
    Last edited by Chris_; 08-09-2008 at 11:27.

yellow death anyone?

awesome chris! , same goes dor the map thing
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Just another update. I've taken 4 more provinces, and making quick progress against the Phalava. Their main force is Pantadapoi/Persian Spearmen, and cities are lightly guarded, so most battles are pretty simple. Occasionaly I run into a few units of Cataphracts, or a family member, which can cause some problems. It's odd, sometimes their armies contain lots of heavy cavalry, and their General is a Pantadapoi, who I proceed to kill with archers.

I might attempt to finish of Baktria soon - their last settlement is full of skirmishers, and they have another stack of skirmishers standing outside. Ptolies are slowing down in their westward expansion, and are currently at the top of Italy. Apparently all those Romans funneled into one area is taking a toll on their forces. Carthage has taken advantage of this, and has captured parts of southern Italy. Elsewhere though, the Ptolies continue to make ground, working their way around the Black Sea (from both directions).

On a side note, I love Hyrkanian Hillmen, they've saved many battles

Can you make us up another map, please?

Here it be :

I'm in love with those maps!

they're awesome , same goes for you campaign!
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

I think you're in for a world of... excitement... once you arrive at the Ptolemies. If Pahlava isn't giving you that well enough right now, that is.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Well I should be done with Pahlava in a couple of years - most of their cities are lightly guarded, I just need to eliminate a few stray stacks. I might keep them alive as a buffer between myself and the Ptolies, as I spotted a couple of full stacks on the Pahlava-Ptoly border that I don't want to come my way until I'm ready.

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

Well, this is certainly something unexpected... Kudos to your patience! Oh yeah and good luck for your unsure future:P

Maion
    ~Maion

Something Witty Goes Here Member Zeibek's Avatar

Wow...

And to think of the fact that I was proud of conquering Europe as the Casse...

A red 'bloon for a red sig from Aemilius Paulus

I can't believe you really survived that March through hell and even managed to establish a considerable foothold!

Oh yeah, and I totally BEG you to release your savegame viewer/map maker/whatever-it-is-at-that-state though it's just a beta. If it just can make maps off your current savegames it's totally awesome, no need to have extra flushy stuff in the beginning, that can be added with further releases

Wargamer-Project - Kampagne IX

If you release a program that makes those sexy maps I will have children and give them to you.

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

that is freaky man to india and back?

@ LZ3: I give a and raise you
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

Amazing maps and incredible AI faction progression. I guess that you were not manipulating it in any way (I mean by forced diplomacy etc.) so it is really an interesting example of the EB AI improvement! Should be on a place of honour in the AI faction progression thread!!!

Looking forward to your replay viewer! Best luck with it!

Big bump.

Update on migration campaign. It's now 154 BC, and I just finished off Baktria. They'd been living in Alexandropolis for ~30 years. Their ultimate plan to charge up a hill at me with 4 sets of 2000 skirmishers didn't go too well .

Once I get through the horrible Ptolemaic monster, I'll then have to go through the horrible Sweboz monster. Unless of course things have changed by the time I get over there.

Good god man this just amazing Major respect and props to you for doing this sir.

"I fought with all that I had, but at the end I was left wounded, bloodied, and broken and asking myself, "Why?"."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast