Thread: 6 more questions !

Default 6 more questions !

1. Which cities are horde_targets ?

2. How does he pick between them, is it like everytime he spawns nort of Sarkel he'll go to X and Y and everytime he spawns south of Bagdad he'll go to Z ?

3. Does the AI ever uses roads ? I got the impression that the horde in Russia moves as slow as if there are no raods whatsoever.

4. Is there a mod that has ONLY a better AI, nothing else ? I don't like people's personal view on "history" or "balance", but I would like a AI challenge, so...

5. Is there a way to turn of rebels in certain provinces ? They are plain annoying late-game !

6. How the heck can you win with immaculate reputation on VH / VH ? The AI keeps attacking you, making you loose your immaculate, no ?

7. I read earlier that the AI autoresolves based purely on melee attack, unit sizes and attack values, is that true ?

8. In auto-resolve, does it puts your first unit up against his first unit ? OR does he calculate the overal losses and then distrubute them depending on type of unit (for instance, more losses to infantry then to archers) ? I never took alot of notice when auto-resolving, but this may make things intresting !

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Default Re: 6 more questions !

1. descr_regions.txt
    2. Closest one.
    3. They do if they build them.
    4. Part of the way to make a better AI is to restrict what it can build. If you only want AI, get GrandViz's UAI AI-files only version rather than his full mod. The AI files alone are quite weak though IMO.
    5. no_rebels, no_pirates in descr_regions.txt and delete map.rwm
    6. Pretty much. you can always release and only occupy though. Try not to be at war.
    7. Nope, its based on battle odds. Then melee attacks, men, experience etc. Missiles are also counted in missile separation factor.
    8. Something along the lines of first units being counted more strongly.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

3. Hordes tend to stick close to each other with maybe at least 2 reinforcement stacks if attacked. So the head stack might not stray too far to let the end stack catch up
    4. Defensive wars likely. Gain province through diplomacy as they ask for ceasefire (but has its limits as it will not work if faction has 4> provinces).
    8. If you have a big advantage (the blue/red ratio bar), placing more expendable units on the top of the stack would more likely preserve the units at the end. The more even the ratio, would not mean the 'last' unit in the stack will not see action

GAMEROOM
    Come & Play

VINLAND SAGA

To get a high rep it helps a whole lot to have many many alliances. So you can't ally with some close faction that you will be fighting or with a potential crusade target faction.