Thread: Orc and Goblin recruitment idea.

Default Orc and Goblin recruitment idea.

First I would like to say Hi to all the Total war fans and this community.I would also like to say how cool I think this mod is. Warhammer and total war mixed together seems like a great combo and I wish the mod team luck on it.Now on to what I propose.Recruiting Orcs and goblins just dosen't seem right.In warhammer,A warlord wouldn't train his boyz,They would just flock to him,on account that he was the toughest and meanest orc around.Maybe this should be represented in the mod.You could represent this in-mod by allowing Orc generals(warlords) being able to recruit his troops mercenary style.I know that this probably isn't something that can be done.But at least make the regions around areas with high orc and goblin populations rich in troops for hire.(areas like the badlands,worlds edge MT.s,forests).This would give the mod a more realistic feel.

Default Re: Orc and Goblin recruitment idea.

Hmmm that sounds like a goo idea but I think that they should stick with the original. I hate having to rely on mercenaries and taking most of their cities wouldn't have much of an effect on their recruitment capabilities. Just hink of the orcs lazin about den da boss come ova and cracks a few heads ta follow him.

Note: This should be in orcs and goblins topic.

another disadavantage of this method of recruitment could be that in fact any enmy general may recruit a huge ork warband without being an ork general i really dont imagine a dwarf general fighting with a ork warband...

Quote Originally Posted by errrrrrrrrframbo View Post
    another disadavantage of this method of recruitment could be that in fact any enmy general may recruit a huge ork warband without being an ork general i really dont imagine a dwarf general fighting with a ork warband...
    True.but is ther a way to "Lock" O&G mercenary recruitment to The Orc and gobo faction so that no other race can recruit them?

I think the original idea, the recruitment of orcs, is the best way to go.

Just think of it like "new boyz" arriving to the orc village cause they heard about this great orc warlord!

I would also like to say to the team,The Orcs should own the grey mt.s,all of the badlands,and large areas of the worlds edge Mt.sThis way,they pose a threat to The Empire,the dwarf holds,and brettonia,just like they do in lore.I know that orcs aren't unified,but fo gameplay reasons,all those areas that I mentioned should belong the the O&G faction.I also suggest that orc shamans should be abel to declare Waaaaag!(I know shamans don't do that,but for gameplay,it makes sense.If anybodys got a better way to implement Waaaags!,they do so).For Empire,brettonian'and dwarf players,this would present a good challenge.don't you agree that it would be so much fun to defend your land from hordes of greenskins bent on your destruction? it would also be fun to drown your foes in a sea of green! I hope the team will kisten to this great idea.