Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New build Problems

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

Default Re: New build Problems

I remember WindowBlinds' certain version giving BSOD after installation.

I'd like to suggest one last thing. How about uninstallig every program at once -at least as much as you can before a reboot happens- so that you eventually nothing left on your PC but your OS, nothing else ?

I know that will take some time and you'll consequently get a computer that can only surf the net provided IE comes with the OS itself. After all your PC is not rally functional already and this method would ensure if thre's something related to a software. 'Cause after basic hardware-related inspections, I'd like to know if everything is fine wit softwares as well.

Tomshardware.com forums may be some place to find answers. However, we got pretty geeky techies here as well.

Okay, thanks. This has been happening since I first installed anything: CoD2, so I don't think it's software related, at least, if it is, it's something that comes with OEM Vista Premium SP1.

Let's see how your totally clean system would respond.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeNine View Post
    Let's see how your totally clean system would respond.
    I'm going to upgrade my BIOS, as someone said on the myriad of forums that I've posted this on that that might help. as I say, I do very much doubt that this is software-related, as it happens universally, and before I even connected to the internet.

I've underclocked my RAM to see if it's a voltage issue, and if it works fine, I'll push up into the ANGRY RED voltages.

It has crashed again. Yes, they're newish games, but my System specs is WAY beyond their reccomended specs. Should I underclock my RAM further (it's on 709MHz, I think), or is that possibilty now eliminated?

Okay, something I've noticed that I'm fairly sure might be the cause of my woes: In ther BIOS, my VDRAM is set to 2.100, and yet is Speedfan,it tells me it' either 1.84 or 1.9, depending on what mood my computer is in.

Could this be anything, and if so, arethere any suggestions as to how I could fix it?

Right, i have now diagnosed that it is probably a mobo problem - if only by process of elimination.
    I was tempted to believe it was my RAM, as I haven't had a crash for over a week, but had 2 today. Making up for lost time I guess.
    But yes, I think it's now a mobo problem, so what do I do now?

Return it.

A damaged heart always bears the probability of unpredicted failure no matter what kind of treatment it has received.

It's MSI. Who do I call/yell at?

Retailer shop where you got the PC, first. If they fail to co-operate it would be useful to contact MSI with the serial number of your motherboard (serial no. must be printed on the package of the mobo and/or the motherboard itself).
    Last edited by LeftEyeNine; 10-01-2008 at 23:36.

Okay. ebuyer aren't exactly user friendly in that department though >.<

I'll do it at the weekend. Cheers again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12