Thread: As Promised... the addy

As promised ( though still preliminary here is the addy for the league that I have posted about.

stwleague.homestead.com/dmc.html

Summa Rudis Senior Member Catiline's Avatar

Just posting that as a link, Well Done Boromir

Go Here

Where's that miniature on the front page from btw?

------------------
    It's not a bug, it's a feature
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra

Hello,
    dam Catiline beat me to it , i was gonna ask the same thing as i am a wargamer too, plz tell me where u got that from! thnx
    oh and about the idea u have it is very good. . . . . i am in... if u will let me!!! hehehe
    Cya WarlordWarrior

------------------
    Have a nice day
    Die with Honour...
    Clan Warlord

[This message has been edited by JAG (edited 05-16-2001).]
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Looks interesting...

Are you going to be able to submit log files using a form on your site? Or must they be emailed?

Lastly... you might want to consider using my log reader to compile your results... If you talk to EuroSan, he can tell you all about it... I wouldnt want to be seen as *gloating* here...

[This message has been edited by Vanya (edited 05-16-2001).]
    [Sips sake, eats popcorn]

Senior Member Senior Member Zen Blade's Avatar

Boromir,

How will you decide starting divisions?

Also, can we sign up without stating our home map. I am split between a couple of maps right now, but would like to sign up.

Lastly, I am assuming you can't choose 4th Kawa or any other hilled map as a home map. (hoping at least that you can't)

thanks Boromir,

-Zen Blade

------------------
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    Clan Tenki Council-Unity
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    Clan Tenki Council-Unity, Retired
    SHS Core Member, Retired
    Derelict from an older age.

Hey good job Boro

Zen: It tells you on the rules page which maps you can chose, Totomi, Hachiman, WoodedRoads and Green if I remember right.

Boro: I noticed your links to your front page all point to a non-extisting page. I suspect you changed the homepage? Whatever the reason, they're broken links. Just thought I'd try to help, get the forum up m8, more forums around the community the better

p.s. You seen Tinúviel yet?

Senior Member Senior Member BlackWatch McKenna's Avatar

Ok- i signed up.

This should be good, as i have never fought in a MP game at more than 1500 koku.

Note: Where the heck do we get these "log" files they are talking about.

------------------
    // Black
    // "Did we win?"
    // Black

// "Did we win?"

Senior Member Senior Member Zen Blade's Avatar

Boromir,

I have registered mate...

But, two points of discussion.

1. Units allowed for maps... Perhaps defender should be allowed one less Gun than the attacker? Defender will usually have advantage in high ground (if applicable)

2. No Tami Kochi.... : (

In all honesty, I consider myself a pro at 1v1's on this map. (to the extent that I rarily play 1v1's on this map anymore).
    Anyways, it is really very fair to the attacker or defender.
    I know of half a dozen times when I have had a defender just sit in the trees and was forced to go into the trees in order to win. Hiding in the trees is really not a good defense on this map.

As you are running this, any decision you make is fine with me, but I would appreciate it if you would consider allowing Tami Kochi and the unit limits.

Thanks Boromir for your soon-to-be-lots of hardwork.

-Zen Blade

------------------
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    Clan Tenki Council-Unity
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    Clan Tenki Council-Unity, Retired
    SHS Core Member, Retired
    Derelict from an older age.

Firstly, thanks for your interest and your ideas are most welcome and of course considered.

to hopefully cover a few points that were raised, 1. all players have logfiles of battles found in their shogun folders. Just send as an attachment to whoever is the league administrator. You do not need the logfile reader.

2. deciding divisions is a tricky one. several ideas have been mentioned such as basing it on a players honour, to first come first served basis and random selection.
    There are pros and cons for all but I believe at the moment they will be decided at random by someone I know (that does not know what shogun is)((imagine that!!)) drawing names out of a hat.
    again, any suggestions are welcome but this will be the fairest way i believe.
    A random selection means that If a great player is drawn in a lower division he can prove his/her worth by going up through the divisions. A good test I think.

ZEN, for the time being the maps stated are the only ones to be used. ( sorry. There could be so many to use, it had to come down to a few.

Thanks again, and my biggest hope is that everyone enjoys the league and it is played with honour.

Boromir.

Thanks to Tera and all at .org for promoting this league.

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

boromir,

you doing leagues like bowling league style or more like a ladder system? seems if the former then clans would be the best system to use for each division, and those without a clan would simply be in the ronin division.

if it's more ladder style then ok, folks are going to jump around in divisions on an individual basis and clans would be irrelevant.

i've played both ways in various games, clan and ladder. both can be fun. good luck :)

K.

Who's Tinúviel? I know who it is in LOTR, but otherwise?
    My motto: Be sharp, not
    well-rounded.

Senior Member Senior Member Dark Phoenix's Avatar

Kraelin from what I understnad it will be like the British soccer system allowing players to move up or down.

Boromir do you have an approximate starting date?

------------------
    DoragonPhoenix of the Clan Doragon
    DP is correct - Shiro

Summa Rudis Senior Member Catiline's Avatar

And what's the miniature?

------------------
    It's not a bug, it's a feature
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra

Yes, It will be like the football(soccer\ divisions allowing players promotion and relegation. So it will be for individuals not clans.

The miniature on the front page....... now you will have to give me a while to remember where i got it from but I do remember that there were pictures of just about all shogun warriors such as ashi, nodachi, monks cav etc. Bear with me and I will post the addy when I get it.

The starting date depends on the amount of entries. I was originally looking to have 40 entries (4 divisions of 10) I have had the website posted for 1 day and have 15 entries already so It might not be too long!

Also the bottom 2 players in the 4th division will be relegated out therefore allowing new players to join, or a 5th division will be created if many more players sign up.

Boromir

Senior Member Senior Member BlackWatch McKenna's Avatar

The Miniature:

It looks like a 15mm Essex; although it could be a 25mm.

Essex makes some Be-A-utifle minatures (yes - i am an old school lead-pushing table top war gamer).
    // Black

// "Did we win?"

Lemme see....Tinuviel, also known as Luthien or 'Nightingale' *ahem* Daughter of Thingol, and Elven King in the days when Middle Earth was young.Tinuviel fell in love with Beren Half-hand and together they defeated Morgoth and took a Silmaril from his iron crown, but Beren was killed by the great Wolf of Angband and Tinuviel chose mortality, and to die from the world so that she may follow him when her time had come to pass.

Sorry for the OT post...does that help Alastair?

------------------
    To be happy it is necessary not to be too intelligent
    - Flaubert-

Not born, not destroyed,
    Not stained, not pure,
    Without loss, without gain.

I would suggest a weekend tourney to determine the divisions. This will allow the good/lucky players to be in the top divisions starting out. Have tourney as single elimination so the possiblity of a good/unlucky player will be in the lower divisions. This should make for interesting divisional play with comparable players going all out to advance up the ladder.

This is just an idea.

Thanks,
    RaZoRstrike

[This message has been edited by RaZoRstrike (edited 05-17-2001).]

I have registered for the league.

I agree with Zen on the gun issue. I believe the defender should be limited to 3 guns, while the attacker can have up 4. I agree with the 5 limit rule for all other units.

Thanks,
    RaZoRstrike

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1master1Boromir:
    [B] 1. all players have logfiles of battles found in their shogun folders. Just send as an attachment to whoever is the league administrator. You do not need the logfile reader.

I have never played in a tournament so could you confirm that after each battle you and your opponent send an email to the designated contact person with the appropriate battle log attached to it.

Don't understand how you are going to resolve situations where one player ignores requests for reasonable times to play. Would you have to send the contact person a copy of your emails ??? This may and should never happen but what if ?

A totally random draw for five divisions would generate more interest in my opinion. It is really an individual ladder competition isn't it ? You are obviously going to a lot of trouble to run this so good luck and may all the players do the right thing by you and their fellow players.

What happens if a player withdraws at any time and has had wins and losses ? Do all of that players + & - points get deleted (adjusted) from everyone else in that division ? What is to stop players in the same or friendly clan or friends from giving each other a bonus point and then fighting it out or am I being too pessimistic ?

------------------
    "STRATAGEM" the expectation is that your opponent(s) may not have the skill to deal with the problem.

[This message has been edited by Shuko (edited 05-19-2001).]
    website for CO-OP SP Campaign is : http://www.totalwar.org/maltz/SP_Campaign/.