Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Royal Council

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default The Royal Council

The Royal Council

Some magistrates are entering to the Council Hall and one of them steps forward and starts to speak..

"Strategoi of Arche Seleukeia! Welcome to the Royal Council. I must first start off by paying proper homage to the Basileus Antiochos Syriakos. May he live a long and prosperous life! Let no Strategos forget that we are assembled here to serve his will and aid him in the governance of Arche Seleukeia!"

"Now, since some of you are newly risen to the rank of Strategos, let me remind you of the basic rules of this Council. First, Edicts and Amendments can only be proposed while the Royal Council is in session. You can conduct business in here whenever you wish, but legislation itself is restricted to formal sessions. I will notify you when sessions begin and end and my word on the matter is final!"

"Second, do not bother proposing legislation that you are not qualified to propose. To prevent us from being paralyzed by pointless paperwork, our wise ancestors have previously decreed that various amounts of seniority of rank are required to propose certain numbers of Edicts and Amendments. Any Senator who exceeds his allocated quota will have his excess submissions stricken from the record, regardless of their nature!"

"Third, with few exceptions, all legislation must be seconded by two
    Strategoi before it can be put to the vote. Do not come whining to me if your prized Edict does not end up on the ballot because you were too lazy to gather supporters before you proposed it!"

"Fourth, make sure your legislation is formulated in the proper manner! It is hard enough to keep track of the mass of paperwork that goes on in this building. For our own sanity, please format your legislation in the following manner: Edict/Amendment X.Z: Text of Edict/Amendment. (X = Number of the Senate session, Z = Number of the Edict/Amendment within the Senate session.) For example, the third Edict proposed at the fourth Senate session would look like this: Edict 4.3: All Strategoi will drink bear instead of wine. The numbers of all Edicts and Amendment proposed during an Emergency Session will be the same, but with an E preceding the numbering (i.e. Edict E4.3).

"Finally, violence will not be permitted in the Royal Council! Limit your attacks to verbal sparring only! Any Strategos bringing a weapon into the building, or raising his fist to a fellow Strategos, will be forcibly removed by the guards. We are not barbarians!"

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Royal Council

Basileus Antiochos Syriakos stands and says..

"I am glad to see all of you here! Our Empire is in troubles so you have been summoned to give advice and to lead our glorious armies to victory against our enemies! So without further delay..

I declare the First Council Session open! It will stay open for debate and legislation until 6 pm EST on Friday, September 12th, at which point there will be 48 hours alloted for voting."

Antiochos smiles and continues...

"Now.. Before you propose your laws I have to say the following..

I use my power and declare myself as the new Chancellor. I have reasons for that since none of you have the required rank to become Chancellor.

Secondly, I create three Satrapies. First one in Persepolis, second one in Ipsos, third in Hekatompylos. Who will become a Satrap will be revealed later during this Council Session.

Thirdly, I will move the capital from Antioch to Seleukeia where I reside at the moment.

Fourth, I propose the following Edict:

Edict 1.1: "Following Regular Armies shall be created: 1rst Syrian Army(in Antiocheia), 1rst Lydian Army(in Sardis), 1rst Parthian Army(in Hekatompylos)"
    So.. what are your thoughts?

Antiochos sits back on his throne..
    Last edited by Ibn-Khaldun; 09-10-2008 at 14:43.

There was 5 second interval. Then Aratos spoke:
    "Greetings!"

He hesitated, then rose.

"Greetings, Great Basileus and fellow Strategoi! I am Aratos Arathousas Syriakes, I praise this reform it will prove to be a wise decision... But I and many others here, I'm sure, were caught unsuspecting, and haven't prepared any Edict or Amendment for this Council.

Propositions may surge in the following days when the Strategoi have reflected, so I will ask some questions about the state of Arche Seleukeia, I do receive very few news from our eastern territories... If you don't mind please update your fellow patriots, Basileus, about the situation on the Baktrian territories, the nomadic threat and our current diplomatic relations with the western peoples.
    Also how will the Basileus choose the rulers of each Satrap?

Thank you."

Aratos sat down and scratched his beard.

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

One of the Magistrates, an official who liaises with the Library officials, speaks up:
    "Strategoi, I believe this is partly the fault of the Library. It had fallen into disuse, and much like you men of the Council, was caught unawares. The Library will require a couple of days to get all the relevant information in.

I can however mention the fact that we are at war with the Ptolemaic dynasty, and their allies the Greeks of Sparte, Athenai and Rhodos. For information on our country, some scrolls mention our financial, military, production, population situations. It is a place to start looking for information."
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

Andromachos Syriakos rises and looks at the King

"Hail, brother-in-law, and hail, fellow councillors. I would like to stress the point that at this moment, Lydia and the rest of Mikra Asia are no real threat to us and neither is the so-called Kingdom of Pontos. However, the Arsacid incursions to our north are a problem indeed. Our next main problem are the Ptolemaioi in Aigyptos. Securing their holdings in Mikra Asia and the Sinaï will boost our economy as well as it will give us a chokehold between the lands of Aigyptos and Asia.

Furthermore, to deal with this Arsacid threat from the north, I request that I will be granted the position of satrap of Persepolis and the rest of the eastern provinces. Most of our trade stems from the far Indos of Sandrokottos and even farther to the lands yet unknown to us. If I was to be made satrap, I could control the trade and root out things as corruption. Do not forget that our armies have to be paid by gold, and the east is rich in gold."

Andromachos clears his throat and is seated again.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Sarpedon Syriakos rises from his seat.

Aye, barbarians are forming in the north, but the main threat is, as it ever has been since Megas Alexandros' death, Ptolemaios in the south with his Aigyptian hordes. If we are to keep our mighty empire for ourselves, we need to act against them quickly, and with force. I second Andromachos' proposal to make for Sardis, and propose that this should be the task given to the 1st Syrian Army, and whomever may get the honour to command it.

But lets not forget that Ptolemaios and the barbarians to the north aren't the only threats to us. Pontos is growing ever stronger, and though they don't threaten us yet, only a fool would stand idling by. However, I do not propose that we should move against them yet, but are not Pamphyria and Kilikia still under Ptolemaic control? It is for that reason that I, Sarpedon Syriakos, propose that I should be given control over the 1st Lydian Army, and with it take control over these territories in the Great Basileus' name. It would not do to risk having two fronts in Mikro Asia alone, especially not when we already face that problem with Ptolemaios and the barbarians to the north.

Sarpedon sits down while Hilarion, who had been sitting next to him during his speech, whispers something in his ear.

Blog Entries

Antiochos says to the Magistrate quietly..

I apologize to open this Council Session so early. If you and others need some time to get the Library up to date then I can extend this current Session.

Turning towards Andromachos...

I will think about you becoming Satrap of Persepolis. Since your management skills are known then this could most likely to happen.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    OOC: Andromachos have 2 Management points. According to the rules he can have 1 additional province in his Satrapy. If he will have one.

I had a plan where our Lydian Army from one side and our Syrian from the other side will attack the Ptolemaic holdings in Mikra Asia and conquering them. Me myself, with my Royal Army, will come from Seleukeia to Syria to defend our borders while our 2 Regular Armies are taking care of the Ptolemaic threat in Mikra Asia.

In the same time our 1rst Parthian Army will try to hold our eastern provinces until we can send there more men.

And perhaps then we can go south and take care of the rest of Ptolemaic settlements like you suggested.

Turning to Attalos..

How will I choose the rulers for each Satrapy? Simple. You have to be near the capital of the Satrap and have some Influence or Management skills.

And what are our relations to our neighbors? Bad would be kind word. Pahlava will attack us soon I'm sure. Baktria declared itself independent and broke Alliance with us. We are at war with Saka Rauka. Hayasdan broke the Alliance as well. We are at war with the Greeks just like Magistrate told you..

Antiochos nods towards the Magistrate and smiles..

Our eastern settlements are rioting. More than 600 people have died. Buildings have been destroyed or damaged. This is most likely the work of Baktria and Pahlava.

So anymore questions?

The Magistrate hurriedly says:
    "No problem whatsoever my Lord. We act by your Will.
    OOC: this is the Will of the Basileus, after all.

I'll just tell the Librarians to redouble their efforts."
    And mutters under his breath:
    "Tell them to start working, rather..."
    Last edited by Warmaster Horus; 09-09-2008 at 21:09.
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

Andromachos rises once again and bows before Antiochos

"Thank you, my lord. Furthermore, I propose the following edict:"

Edict 1.2: "Send envoys to the steppe nomads of the Sakae tribes, to propose a complete cease-fire."
    "We could learn from these men, friends. Even though they are indeed barbaroi, they know the way how the Arshkanig fight. We can defeat the poorly-armed levies of the eastern settlements, but these steppe-nomads may bring new ways of fighting that we need to learn to adapt to."
    Last edited by Hax; 09-09-2008 at 21:13.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Blog Entries

You are right and thus I second Edict 1.2

We can not fight against everyone in the east.

Bithys Nisaias Parthiakes stands up to address the assembly:

Great Basileus, I salute you.

Our great nation is faced with war on many fronts. And considering the danger the Ptolemaios present, I would expect that that theater would need much attention. However, the eastern front cannot be abandoned. We cannot let thousands die before nomads and treacherous Baktrians. I have live for many years on our northeastern border and have seen many a good soldier die for the Basileus.

Considering my long dealings with the east and knowledge of their strengths and weaknesses, I ask that I be given the Satrapy of Hekatomylos so that I may better serve you with my knowledge.

Irregardless of whether I receive this post, I would suggest that I be given command of the 1st Parthian army as I am situated on the border with the treacherous Pahlava.

I also agree that we cannot fight all our enemies in the east at once so I also second Edict 1.2.

Sits down
    Last edited by LordofUmbar; 09-09-2008 at 21:28.

*Phanias Laodikeias Lydikes rises and bows to the Basileus, and turns to address the assembly*

Chairete, Basileus, Sympatriotai,
    I was not aware that the world has so decisively cast its fate against our destiny in the east and north, though I did realize that there were stirrings of discontent among the Hai. As some may know, I do have a bit of familiarity with Skythian ways, and suggest that, against the latest crop of nomads, we must "fight wind with wind" so to speak. In the Hai mountain passes to our north, there are men barely off the steppes themselves, that still fight in the manner of the Skythoi and other steppe nomads. In agreement with Andromachos, I suggest we figure out a way to use these men to the effect of adapting to the steppe ways of warfare. To that effect, I also second Edict 1.2 and propose

Edict 1.3- That whatever part of the 1st Persian and/or 1st Syrian armies that can be spared from their primary mission move to annex the town of Phraspaa in Atropatene to deny the Arshkanig access to their Hai lapdogs, to prevent a combined assault on our northern border.

I believe some of the steppe men can be found as far south as Atropatene (OOC:Adurbadegan in-game), should we decide to use their services.

I would be willing to be posted with this army, perhaps in command, should those assembled here pass this proposal. I, of course, remain at the command of the Basileus, to fight wherever I can be of service to the Arkhe.
    Last edited by MerlinusCDXX; 09-09-2008 at 21:48.

Aratos rises.

"No questions here my lord. I agree in seizing the egyptian Mikro Asian holdings, I myself crossed Kilikia on my journey here and met some of our scouts... They report that these lands, that Sarpedon Syriakos mentioned, have lowered their defenses. I fear they are strenghting their syrian armies. A quick strike could do the job with both regular armies, each on one city. Then I propose another quick strike. The 1st Lydian army seizes the independent city of Halikarnassos, and the Syrian Army conquers Kypros in its way back to Syria. All this time the Royal Army defends Syria, and the other regular armies defend their positions.

What will be the timing between Council Sessions? I believe we can decide the next steps on the next Council, no?

Also I think we should improve our relations with Baktria, let them fight and weaken both themselves, the enemy barbarians and even the Indians, if they dare invade them. When we are finished with Mikro Asia - we seize these weakened lands!" he pounds his fist on the stone soundlessly.

"The Aygiptians and the western hellenes are already strong, I don't believe they can get anymore with our constant military and financial pressure and their local wars... So I say after Mikro Asia, includind Pontos, we control the Baktrian and Parthian problem, why not conquer the indians if we have the chance." Aratos' eyes narrowed and his voice grew louder. "Finally Aygiptos and Makedonia can be taken care of!"

He calmed down, laughed and looked around at each Strategos. "I am probably going beyond what we can achieve in our mortal lifes. However we must remember Megas Alexandros, remember is deeds and remember his dream, for it is also this empire's dream and we must prove it, as did Alexandros!"

Silence. Aratos remained standing.

"Finally, Basileus, will each Satrapy be awarded with an army?"

He then sat.

Blog Entries

Greetings Strategos Bithys!

I'll think about naming you as a Satrap of Hekatompylos. You have some good qualities and you know those steppe people perhaps more than any of us here. So there is a big chance that I will agree with it. But I have to say this. If you become Satrap you can not control Regular Army.

Anyway, I'll name the Satraps before the end of this Council Session.

Turning towards the Magistrate and saying with a smile..

Just don't let your subordinates make any mistakes in it.

Stands up, bows

Thanks you my Lord for your consideration.

Sits down
    Last edited by LordofUmbar; 09-09-2008 at 21:55.

Blog Entries

Sarpedon, my son.. forgive me not welcoming you here..

Can you forgive your old man and his bad hearing?

But Looks like we share the same views at least..

Antiochos smiles and gives a nod to Sarpedon..

Attalos.. Every Satrap will get his own Army according to the 'Rules'.

These are the Satraps powers in militarily:

(6) Every Satrap will have a 8 unit army similar to Regular Army. Every Satrap should mention what type of army they wish: a) an Infantry army(5 infantry, 2 missile, 1 cavalry regiment); b) a Cavalry army( 2 infantry, 2 missile, 4 cavalry regiments); c) a Mixed army(3 infantry, 3 missile, 2 cavalry regiments). They can however get to recruit 1 local unit for every 2 Influence points and 1 local unit for every 3 Command stars.(The unit type of the additional units can be what ever the Satrap chooses)
    (7) Satrap can lead an army of max 16 units unless it is a Royal Army.
    Also what Phanias Laodikeias Lydikes proposed sounds a good idea.. perhaps my other son and Heir to the throne can do that.. If he ever gets here..

Antiochos looks nervous..
    Last edited by Ibn-Khaldun; 09-09-2008 at 22:20.

Aratos rises again.

"I made my decision. The Edict I'm proposing is:

Edict 1.4: After a succesful mission against the Egyptians on Mikro Asia. The 1st Lydian Army is to conquer independent Halikarnassos. Only if the diplomatic relations with the Makedons remain peaceful, if not the army is to retreat and defend Sardis. The Syrian Army will board transportation ships (the cheapest fleets we can build) and invade Kypros. After a succesfull mission they board on the fleet back to Antiocheia."

"Since the sea lenghts between the mainland and island are small the Fleet will be able to remain docked at all times evading any attack.
    Finaly, I know of the limits of my power so I cannot propose more edicts... But I think it is wise to poll the council about Edict 1.2, and ask to who we are going to send an envoy... we could also negotiate with Baktria or Pahlava. Personally I believe Baktria is the best choice, they are our fellow hellenes and they are most likely going to expand against Pahlava, Zakaruka - or whatever they're named - and expand south to India and that would just be great for us... I already explained why. We can easily defeat their hellenic strategies, while the nomads will prove difficult to defeat... they are cowards, they use bows and always run from true fight!"

He sat down and leaned backwards...

Alexandros Syriakos rises to address the council

Basileus and fellow strategoi, I extend my greetings. I am much in agreement with what has already been proposed, regarding both immediate military and diplomatic action. I would, however, suggest that the cities of the Levant not go so unnoticed. While the 1st Syrian army is away in Mikra Asia, Antiocheia and Damaskos need to be defended. The Basileus' Royal army would provide an adequate defense, but consider this: If the garrisons in the appropriate cities were raised to be able to handle a small to medium sized Ptolemaic attack, much responsibility would be alleviated from the Royal army - allowing it to assault Sidon or any other appropriate target. This would both consolidate our position and weaken that of our impious enemy.

I am sure you are all aware of the importance of this region, and I would like you all to know that I remain personally committed to seeing it brought within the borders of the Arche.

As I final note, I second Edict 1.4.

Alexandros returns to his seat
    Quid ais, homo levior quam pluma, pessime et neqissime, flagitium hominis, subdole ac minime preti?
    -Plautus, Menaechmi

Alexandros Syriakos in WOTB

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Polyxenidos Lykikos stands confidently to address the gathering

Greeting Basileus, friends.
    I feel somewhat out of place here, all this talk of war and armies is beyond me, I am a simple merchant not a warrior, I make my money importing spices from Arabia and exporting, errr... flowers from Babylon. My caravans travel many miles, across desert and the lands of hostile tribes and strange animals. The people I trade with call themselves Sabaean, a strange word I know, and I have found them trustworthy and reliable. Perhaps we could arrange some sort of trade agreement with them, we have to pay for these armies you are talking of somehow. A military alliance may also be beneficial, the Ptolemies will no doubt become interested in this region soon and if we were to make friends there now it could pay off in the future.
    So my proposal:Edict 1.5 Send an envoy to agree trade rights and a military alliance with Saba.

Strategos/Strator Member Rodrico Stak's Avatar

Attalos Peragmou Mysiakes stands to speak.

The Sabeans may be only a city-state at the moment, but if they can come to dominate southern Arabia with our help they can provide a vital distraction to our enemies the Ptolemies. Therefore, I second Edict 1.5.

On the same note, anything to weaken the Ptolemies is good for us. Kypros is an island, and will therefore benefit greatly from sea trade. Taking that away from the Ptolemies will certainly hurt them. I second Edict 1.4 as well.

Furthermore, I would like to point out to the Baselius that although I am not in the capital of the Satrapy at Ipsos, I am quite nearby, and am an able administrator, thereby proving an excelent candidate for that satrapy.

OOC: I have 2 management, and only 2 other strategoi (not counting the Baselius) have that much management, and niether is near to Ipsos.
    Last edited by Rodrico Stak; 09-10-2008 at 01:05.
    Attalos Pergamou Mysiakes, Strategos of the Arche Seleukia in Will of the Baselius (WoTB)

Ioannis Kommennos III, Strator of the Basileia Rhōmaiōn in Last of the Romans (LotR)

Sarpedon Syriakos rises again.

Thank you, father, all is forgiven. I'm glad that we agree on what should be done. Allow me, however, to... modify my previous proposal. I had overlooked the fact that there is to be a satrapy installed in Ipsos, and it is my firm opinion that this would be best governed by myself. I know I'm still young, but as my father, you know I've got good managerial skills, and I'm a fast learner. I am up for the challenge.

If you still would rather that some older, wiser man - like the highly esteemed Attalos here - should take this post, I would hope that you at least consider me thoroughly as the commander of the 1st Lydian Army, as my original proposal asked.

Before I sit down, I would also like to sound my support for Edict 1:2, Edict 1:4 and Edict 1:5.

As he sits down, Sarpedon bows towards Antiochos, with a smile on his face.
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 09-10-2008 at 01:09.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Noble Basileus, I am humbled to stand in your presence this day. I am Theodotas Termessou Pisidikes, a Strategos that was positioned in Sardis until recently.

I would humbly ask that, in the event we choose to strike with it, you allow me to lead the Lydian army for you. If we are going to launch a full assault on the Ptolemaioi, we should at least have good generals commanding our armies. Therefore, in the likely chance you do not deem me worthy of commanding the army, I would ask your permission to accompany the undoubtedly more experienced commander you will choose for the mission.

I will also, in the event that my humble opinion is recognized, second the Edicts 1.1 and 1.4

I thank you for listening to my thoughts on the matter, Megas Basileus.
    Last edited by Chaotix; 09-10-2008 at 02:39.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

"My dear friends, I believe an edict only needs to be seconded by a small handfull of people before it goes to votes, so there's no need in seconding every edict you agree on you can express your opinion with your vote, am I correct Basileus?

Also I asked the Basielus before about how he will choose the leader of each Satrapy, he said he will choose the person most qualified, I'm sure he will make the correct choices and that he will consider each one of us. If you don't wish to control a Satrap and our leader chooses you, I'm sure you'll have the chance to reject his offer... it's not necessary to waste our time and ruin the efficient of the Council... with your humble wishes...

The Basileus will do the same when choosing the commanders of each army." and sat down.

Another Magistrate, one who has to do with Edicts, Charter Amendments and voting, stands and declares:
    "If I may, Strategos Arethousas Syriakes, I believe you are correct. An Edict needs to be seconded by two persons for it to be properly seconded."
    Check out the Gahzette!

Back.

Sarpedon quickly rises.

You are right, of course, that the Basileus will choose his satraps and commanding generals, but I think it might help Him in his decision if he knows who really want the positions. If there are two possible candidates, both being equally merited, but one is burning desire to prove himself worthy of such an honour, while the other one is indifferent, who would you elect? It is my sincere belief that will can trump skill, and there should be no doubt that having the will when also having the skill is better than not. I ask you then: how better to prove to the Basileus who has the will, than to publicly express it to him?

You may think that we're just wasting everyone's time, and perhaps you're right, though I would both think and hope not. If Antiochos Himself shares viewpoint as you, I will of course humbly step down and apologize for it. Until such time that he does, however, I will stand firm in that we have done nothing wrong in expressing our desires. So says I.

Sarpedon quickly bows and then sits down again.

Yes Strategos Sarpedon you are absolutely correct and Basileus surely knows this. He will question the will of the two Strategos when there is such a tie. This I'm sure won't happen since a great majority of us, especially many of the young and promising Strategoi present here do not lack that will. Let's end this discussion and return to more urgent matters.

Then he sat.

Blog Entries

Antiochos stands up and says..

I have already made my decision. I know who I will propose the chance to become Satrap. Also, if Edict 1.1 passes, then I have men to lead those armies as well. But I'll wait til the time is right for me to announce their names.

He takes his seat again..
    Last edited by Ibn-Khaldun; 09-10-2008 at 21:25.

Vicious Celt Warlord Member Celtic_Punk's Avatar

A man in a brown blood stained cloak rushes into the council chamber. Everyone looks in confusion and interest at the interruption.

"Basileus! I appologize for my tardiness, I was attacked by bandits along the old persian road on my way from Ipsos. The situation there is not good, sire. Law and order is of a dire concern and we have little way of protecting our port there. Not to mention the threat of an incursion from those bastard Aigyptians."

The young Celt unbelted his sword and handed it to the guard, then walked over to an open seat.
    "more over sire, we must deal with the Pontus threat as soon as we can, they can and will grow strong if we ignore them. But this should not over shadow a possible campaign against Ptolemy's holdings in the area. This should be our first priority, we should move as quickly as possible and take out their cities first, uniting the whole southern coast under our control. this will bring pressure off of Antioch. I suggest we divide our forces, lay siege, and wait only one season to attack each city simultaneously. Surprise is vital, do not allow them time to levy forces to counter attack. I also ask that I go with this campaign. Even in my short years I do have experience in the martial arts,"

Cunobelinus removes his ruined cloak, sets it in his lap and looks at it with a frown,

"And I will be of much more use to you commanding battles than wasting away behind a desk. Just like my father was to yours."

Cunobelinus closes his eyes and rubs his stubble

"Oh! And from my friend living along the Attican coast, he informs me that the Spartan Alliance is producing goods but has little place to trade them, I propose we end hostilities with them, and establish trade, we can only profit from it. and battling the Athenian navy will only result in unnecessary casualties, costing us valuable money. Therefore I propose an edict. EDICT uuuum..."

Cunobelinus leans over and whispers into the ear of the man next to him
    "EDICT 1.6 To send an ambassador to the Peloponnese and establish peace and trade routes with The Hellenon Koinon.
    We should not worry about their alliance with Ptolemy. It is one of necessity not choice. As soon as the Gods permit we should free them from Ptolemy's grip."
    Last edited by Celtic_Punk; 09-11-2008 at 11:08.
    'Who Dares WINS!' - SAS
    "The republic stands for truth and honour. For all that is noblest in our race. By truth and honour, principle and sacrifice alone will Ireland be free."-Liam Mellows

Who knows? If it's a enough day we may all end up Generals!"

*Phanias Laodikeias Lydikes quickly moves to make room for the celt*

Yes, my Celtic friend, what you say has merit. Living on our northern border, I also mistrust the ambitions of the so-called "Kingdom of Pontos". I distrust autonomous allies of old Persia. Seems to me they have too long of memories, since it wasn't so long ago that Megas Alexandros conquered their empire. These outlying territories also haven't faced Alexandros in battle, could it be that they need to be taught by the force of Seleukid arms? Aren't these Pontos people also allied with the Arshkani and Hai? If so, we should watch them carefully, since we're already at war with one of them.

Interesting news you bring of the Spartan Alliance. My mother's people had some dealings with one of their poleis. One of her many times great grandfathers served as a ship's archer for them. From tales I've heard, they are a generally fair-minded people, and rich to boot. I've heard that they are very good on their boats, so if we could avoid fighting their fleet for now, while there are so many "Kinglets" with ambitions against us, we should try to make that happen. Why don't you propose your edict to the council, and I'll second it so it can see a vote?

Blog Entries

After talking with some of his assistants and personal retainers Antiochos waves his hand for silence..

I have made my decision. I can not point commanders to the Armies because the Edict have not passed yet. But I can make some of you here Satraps. And I shall do it now..

Sarpedon Syriakos will become the Satrap of Ipsos. Since you are known for your good management skills then I give you additional settlement for your Satrapy. The additional settlement will be Sardis. Defend our holdings well in Mikra Asia well.

Andromachos Syriakos will become the Satrap of Persepolis. He is also known as a good Governor and thus I will give additional settlement to his Satrap as well. The additional settlement will be Karmana. Defend us from any danger from Arabia and India.

With the Satrapy of Hekatompylos I have a problem. Bithys Nisaias Parthiakes was the only one who was interested of that position but I have other plans for him. If my army Edict passes then I would like him to take command over it. I want a loyal and able man to defend Arche from any threat from the steppes.

I would like to give the Satrapy of Hekatompylos to Phanias Laodikeias Lydikes. You are in Karkathiokerta and thus you can make to Hekatompylos faster than anyone else. So Lydikes, what will you say. Will you become the Satrap of Hekatompylos or you have other plans?

I have to also mention that None of the Satraps can not lead Regular Armies and if you accept the 'job' then you must tell me what kind of Army you would like to get. The Army types are brought out in the 'Rule 2.4 and section - Satraps powers'

(6) Every Satrap will have a 8 unit army similar to Regular Army. Every Satrap should mention what type of army they wish: a) an Infantry army(5 infantry, 2 missile, 1 cavalry regiment); b) a Cavalry army( 2 infantry, 2 missile, 4 cavalry regiments); c) a Mixed army(3 infantry, 3 missile, 2 cavalry regiments). They can however get to recruit 1 local unit for every 2 Influence points and 1 local unit for every 3 Command stars.(The unit type of the additional units can be what ever the Satrap chooses)
    Antiochos pauses and takes a sip of water. After a brief pause he continues..

One of my assistant was near enough to hear your Edict, Arrhenides. And I second Edict 1.6. Peace and trade with the Hellenes could help us more than it could harm us. Also, it will make Egyptians angry and I always feel better when I have done that.

Antiochos smiled.. It was a long speech he just made..

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast