Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch info

Two months passed..
    Can we have now some info about this patch release date, pls?
    Or it's just top secret..?
    Maybe i risk my life knowing when you'll make it out...to know who's killed John Kennedy will be safer for me....
    LRossaCiliegio

closed, locked, finito

this thread fails
    Que usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patiencia nostra?

YEA, Why ? What are the MODS trying to hide.

the truth...

And what's the truth?
    Really i need to know!!!!!!

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH !!!... love that movie. Patch is in QA. It'll be out when it's ready. 'til then you'll have to wait like the rest of us. tick..tock..
    Don't talk to me about Limerick's. I friggin LIVE there

I'd want..if not a release date, a period date...
    Like...Gennuary 2003...March 2004...but they have to say something like this...we've paid and we ask for respect and brightness...it's too much to ask?

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

okay
    you win.
    this is now THE patch complaint/ question thread.
    all others will be closed or referred to this one.

Vent.

Just check www.totalwar.org for more patch info.
    Just an old-fashioned cowboy.

I don't understand, my search for "patch" only turned up 200 hits.:b
    Well, once again my friend, we find that science is a two-headed beast. One head is nice, it gives us aspirin and other modern conveniences. . . but the other head of science is bad Oh beware the other head of science, Arthur, it bites - The Tick

Gifted Dilettante Member DragonCat's Avatar

I don't know what you young whippersnappers are complaining about.

I'm hoping the patch comes before I succumb to old age. I mean, I don't even buy green banannas!!!

Seriously though, in the grand scheme of things - done will be beautiful and I can wait for beautiful things in life!

------------------
    DragonCat
    . . . on the prowl!
    DragonCat
    . . . on the prowl!

Quote Originally posted by solypsist:
    okay
    you win.
    this is now THE patch complaint/ question thread.
    all others will be closed or referred to this one.

Vent.
    [/QUOTE]

Damn you for rendering my post invalid! I'll get my revenge!

*moves assassin unit onto mod, sees chance of success at 23%, changes mind*

Well soon i think ill move onto another game im gettin fed up of waitin.As many r

Moan..Moan... moan...

Sorry but im really fed up now!

I emailed Activision, politley asking about the patch, and this is what I was told

"Response (Mark Yao) 10/23/2002 02:43 PM
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting customer support about Medieval Total War. We do not have any potential release date for the patch to this game. Please be patient and wait until it is announced and released."

Did ya get that, not just, no release date, but "no potential release date." At least Mr. Yao offered some fine advice I hadn't thought of, BE PATIENT! Thank God I finally got some sound advice from an industry professional.

What a guy, his boss should ban him from surfing the internet at work. I bet he would be just as helpful without the net, as he is with the net.

But, the icing on the cake is the end of the email,

"We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you
    within 96 hours.
    Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you."

So, unless the patch is released within 96 hours, I'm still going to have issues that need resolving. I'm finished...

cant you just wait when its done it will be realeasd if they realise it early from high demand and cant finish it you still be still moaning so lets just wait and see......

------------------
    Coeur De Lion
    Coeur De Lion

This is the reply I got from Activision: "We cannot comment on any unreleased patches nor do we have this information. Keep checking our website and various game messageboards for information on any game patches." If Activision doesn't have this information, who does? Is it locked in a vault in Geneva? Quick, somebody drop a spy on Switzerland!

They have a border fort though!

Even a month or 2-month general period would be welcome... I just can't stand checking in every day to see if it's out yet. My poor Almohad, English and HRE campaigns are all stuck at a CTD year. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

This is a great example of why most game companies don't release *any* information on anything (it's usually not worth the pain and anguish). Here's what happened with the patch:

-Rabid players insist on x and y getting fixed and getting it fixed *now*.

-Patch is complete by the developer and submitted to QA. Players, eager for *anything* manage to extract a fixed item list from developer.

-Patch delayed (maybe a QA problem, maybe a marketing decree to time the popular patch to some marketing event). Rabid players tear developer a new one due to delay.

(predicted events
    -Patch released. Players post many adoring and thankful posts

-A day or two go by. Players start clamoring for new patch and complain that feature x wasn't fixed or doesn't work as expected or promised fix y isn't in patch.

-rinse, repeat

Note that I mean "Rabid" in a good sense I used to work on massively multiplayer games, you ain't seen rabid until you check out a forum for one of those

Does it seem to anyone else that all players
    are being punished because of this so called
    hacking event or what. Jeez if they cant fix
    thier site in 2 weeks, then they should look for new jobs. I mean it's like thier using this hacking event to hide from the community. If thier site was so porous why didn't get hacked before? If not , then thier letting the hacker win. But unfortunately, we are the ones paying the price.

Your logic is flawed. Please review your argument and turn it in at a later date for a half grade off.

OOh, Im soorry teacher, At least I have a argument. Why do you think They've been down
    so long Einstien.

Quote Originally posted by Niccolomachiavelli:
    Your logic is flawed. Please review your argument and turn it in at a later date for a half grade off.[/QUOTE]

For God's sake release the freaking patch or a beta. I'm sick and tired of this. Just not 30 minutes ago, I was in a battle, 1900 Almohads vs my 600 or so defenders as English. I made a perfect choice of placement for my forces, and before the enemy could even reach me, their commander was dead, 200 of their troops also fallen, and they were on the retreat. When it was all over I had killed or captured 200 of them, lost 5 men. Then the turn continued and I went to my next brutal defense, only to have the game freeze my computer totally while I was placing troops. I want this patch or a beta of it now

Sorry Nicco, lost my temper there for a sec.
    Honestly in the 20 years I've been a gamer I
    have found very little honesty associated with what dev. companies say.

Senior Member Senior Member Dionysus9's Avatar

Yeah, why cant they just release the Beta and worry about fixing the minutia later?

This really is getting rediculous.

Activision = EA?

Sure starting to look that way.

Too bad activision is too arrogant to send their own representatitves here like CA.

Poor CA gets screwed no matter who they go with.

ACTIVISION ARE YOU SERIOUS? YOU ARE STARTING TO GET A BAD REPUTATION HERE.

Hunter_Bachus

Well I think you all should have paid more attention to your nicotine habits long before hand. There is nicotine gum, you know.

Quote Originally posted by Nial Black Knee:
    Sorry Nicco, lost my temper there for a sec.
    Honestly in the 20 years I've been a gamer I
    have found very little honesty associated with what dev. companies say.
    [/QUOTE]

No problem, I was just pointing out that you didnt give a specific reason why the official page being down and the patch development were connected. As far as I know, the web staff is in no way connected to the Dev team actually coding and testing the patch, therefore the site being down shouldnt effect when the patch comes out.

I'm as mad as anyone, I have a game whereing I've taken over 80% of the world but cant get past the latest "end turn". I sympathize, I really do.

2 months have now passed by
    FasT unable to play online with Clan memebers etc.Or even stay in Foyer for any period of time without droppin ..Which i bought the game for.
    I also dont like the campaign i get bored after a few hours.Build strong army and march across europe..Though is better than other campaigns we have had before...
    Plyin SP really bores me,im sorry to say..
    The Fun!the Challenge / Tactics r all online.....This is where u learn to ply the game to its full!
    As i understand it DEv's found and solved many bugs in foyer...Ok so u fixed them..
    1#Release Patch then all can ply online..or at least stay online..no crashes MP or SP.
    2#Fix problems found SP/MP ,release patch...
    3#Fix balancing and moans and groans,release patch...

Fine the game can be VGood is good..ok...
    So i ask why it take so long???
    FasT will soon look for a new game to play as others r doin at moment so sadly this game could be a big miss because of patch release delay...When really it should be a big hit!
    I have spoken to many on this matter and 100% agree with me...After all it is usGamerswho keep the money comin in to design future games and u make profit out off it.
    Plzs add ur views and comments on this matter,it may help now or future gamin on a whole if the Developersknow really what we want......

Enuf said by me for now

Happy now

Yea ,me too. Frustrated that is. I only started posting because of the patch, and now I've got almost 30 posts. My boss is going to kill me when he finds out how much I've been online at work. HEHE Good thing I'm
    indespensible.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast