Thread: My Little Conan Film

Default My Little Conan Film

2006 was the Centenary of Robert E. Howard's birth, and a time of great celebration among the Howard & Conan fandom. It was also the year I embarked on my degree course for computer animation & digital art. It was, thus, a no-brainer for me to do a Conan film.

Well by Crom, it took me damn near two years, but the Conan short is finally up on the Maul of Cyberspace that is Youtube!

I'm still immensely proud of it after all this time, even though I cringe a bit at a few of the glitches & things I feel I could've done better, but I still think I did good for my level of ability at the time. I've also added narration & a little prologue, plus it can be viewed in lovely High Definition!

I may use elements of the film for the introduction movie to Conan: Total War, interspersed with in-game footage of armies and cities, though it would be longer and with more stuff happening in it.

Feel free to comment here, or on Youtube here.

"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world, like blue mantles beneath the stars...
    Is fhearr fheuchainn na bhith san duil.

Default Re: My Little Conan Film

Nice job - it would make a good intro....

Intro for Conan Total war is ready, I see!

You like EB? Buy CA games.

The Scourge of Rome Member Spartan198's Avatar

Excellent! I love it!

BTW, I sent you a friend invitation, too!

~ SpartanWarrior198
    (Yep, I\'m EVERYWHERE!)
    My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.

Cheers lads!

"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world, like blue mantles beneath the stars...

Nice job Taranaich. Did you narrate it yourself?
    ξυνòς 'Evυáλιoς κaí τε κτανéoντα κατéκτα
    Alike to all is the War God, and him who would kill he kills. (Il. 18.309)

Yup. I think I ended up channeling Brian Blessed via Christopher Lee

Some have said it's rather bombastic, but ever since seeing that scene in The Whole Wide World where Howard was belting out the words as he typed, I simply can't imagine not reading out Howard in a booming baritone.

Great video and voice. It would be a good intro vid as someone else here already said, or at least the basis for an intro vid.

Chris
    Last edited by christof139; 11-13-2008 at 08:01.