Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They Dont Make Dads like this Anymore

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Default They Dont Make Dads like this Anymore

There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Default Re : They Dont Make Dads like this Anymore

Make this guy president.

Edit: the dad didn't die, the offender did.

What a chilling story btw. I shall repeat my call to kill every rapist just in case. Never release them.
    Last edited by Louis VI the Fat; 10-03-2008 at 00:54.
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

Default Re: They Dont Make Dads like this Anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    I saw this the other day. It was on FoxNews.com, so the story must be a planted story by Karl Rove to sway the election. Sorry, Strike.

Seriously, the rapist died, not the father. And people are now starting to call for his prosecution. If they prosecute this guy, I'm going to go Alec Baldwin one better and actually LEAVE.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I saw this the other day. It was on FoxNews.com, so the story must be a planted story by Karl Rove to sway the election. Sorry, Strike.

Seriously, the rapist died, not the father. And people are now starting to call for his prosecution. If they prosecute this guy, I'm going to go Alec Baldwin one better and actually LEAVE.
    Wow, there's a troll. ;)

Good job, dad. But I'm sure the NRA will try to turn this into a commercial somehow. Probably have their next rally in that city.
    Koga no Goshi

I give my Nihon Maru to TosaInu in tribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Koga No Goshi View Post
    Wow, there's a troll. ;)

Good job, dad. But I'm sure the NRA will try to turn this into a commercial somehow. Probably have their next rally in that city.
    Right back at ya, but he didn't shoot him, he choked him to death with the crook of his elbow.

It actually wasn't a troll. I'm frequently told by the very members of this Backroom that every story on Foxnews is invented and a fabrication, sent over by the White House. I figured that following that logic, this story must also be false. Am I right, or does FoxNews actually get stories right?
    Last edited by Don Corleone; 10-03-2008 at 01:22.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

Dude, if I was in this dad's position, I would actually give this story some controversy, via a louisville slugger... "Are baseball bats too dangerous?! Decide for yourself when you see what one man did to a sex offender's head..."

Who the hell could possibly blame him? More importantly, who the hell would not do the same?
    Last edited by Reverend Joe; 10-03-2008 at 01:27.

Coffee farmer extraordinaire Member spmetla's Avatar

Default AW: They Dont Make Dads like this Anymore

Well I'm glad that he prevented his daughter from being raped. Still too bad that the other guy died, shouldn't have been released early from prison.

"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Four stage strategy from Yes, Minister:
    Stage one we say nothing is going to happen.
    Stage two, we say something may be about to happen, but we should do nothing about it.
    Stage three, we say that maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we can do.
    Stage four, we say maybe there was something we could have done, but it's too late now.

This place called Mars... do you know of it?

Oh yea I heard about this the other day. I think the guy deserved it. First off he's a sex offender, secondly, he broke into a house nekked with bad intentions (obviously), and thirdly, he broke into someone else's house. So, imho, when a person would break into another's house, I'd say the person living there has every right to kill or capture them. Now as for the idiots that have broken into people's houses, hurt themselves, then sued the owner and won. I'd have a bigger problem with that. This on the other hand, is one less sex offender to worry about. Good on the dad and I hope things go his way.
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."

All us men suffer in equal parts, it's our lot in life, and no man goes without a broken heart or a lost love. Like holding your dog as he takes his last breath and dies in your arms, it's a rite of passage. Unavoidable. And honestly, I can't imagine life without that depth of feeling.-Bierut

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Joe View Post
    More importantly, who the hell would not do the same?
    If a father would not have done what this father did, he would not be fit to be a father. You defend your children however possible, and the father did the right thing. The fact people would even think of prosecuting him is despicable.

Agree with Decker, if anyone comes into my house/flat unasked and with evil intentions that person will put me under stress/shock and I cannot be blamed for whatever happens afterwards as I will not be there *ahem*.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Early release should not be available for crimes where violence was used (rape, assault, murder).
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

If this case results in a prosecution I will be floored. From the article: "The results of the police investigation will be turned over to the Marion County Prosecutor's Office, but it is unlikely charges will be filed, police said."

In fact, let me go a step further: If this case results in a prosecution I will eat my hat, put a McCain/Palin sign in my front yard and donate six teddy bears to NAMBLA.

Right back at ya, but he didn't shoot him, he choked him to death with the crook of his elbow.

It actually wasn't a troll. I'm frequently told by the very members of this Backroom that every story on Foxnews is invented and a fabrication, sent over by the White House. I figured that following that logic, this story must also be false. Am I right, or does FoxNews actually get stories right?
    This is biased. This is biased. Present your source. It has to be something that I subjectively approve as objective.
    Koga no Goshi

This is biased. This is biased. Present your source. It has to be something that I subjectively approve as objective.
    Grow up. I'm not making an accusation about current events, I'm stating historical fact after 4 years of daily visits to the Backroom. If you want sources, you can go through thread archives.

I thought you could discuss issues with people you might disagree with rationally, like an adult. My mistake, I'll quit bothering you.

Strike for the South

Grow up. I'm not making an accusation about current events, I'm stating historical fact after 4 years of daily visits to the Backroom. If you want sources, you can go through thread archives.

I thought you could discuss issues with people you might disagree with rationally, like an adult. My mistake, I'll quit bothering you.
    Your original post was a pure troll. Grow up.
    Koga no Goshi

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

You're right - Fox News is tripe. It should be banned from the air and replaced in every home forcibly by msnbc's gloriously objective coverage of everything.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TuffStuffMcGruff View Post
    You're right - Fox News is tripe. It should be banned from the air and replaced in every home forcibly by msnbc's gloriously objective coverage of everything.
    MSNBC is far too right-wing. The Daily Kos should be the news source of choice for all Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by TuffStuffMcGruff View Post
    NBC has morphed more towards the left. The difference between me and the hardline right wingers (some of you included) is that I will both admit that, and I see it as a reaction and a balancing within the media after years of almost unquestioned, unchallenged right-wing partisanship from Fox which has passed for serious journalism.
    Koga no Goshi

German Enthusiast Member Alexanderofmacedon's Avatar

BBC

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good on the dad.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    This is more proof that gun laws are good; the dad didn't need a gun to kick ass.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

I want to shake the Dad's hand.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

What about that little NRA snipe, even though no firearms were used in this situation?

L'Etranger Senior Member Banquo's Ghost's Avatar
    Hunting the Snark, a long way from Tipperary...

Tsk.

This clash illustrates again that the use of smileys can diminish misunderstanding.

However, even if one thinks one is being hard done by, there is no need for further provocations.

Thank you kindly,

"If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJaeger View Post
    What about that little NRA snipe, even though no firearms were used in this situation?
    Is there any crime situation the NRA can't creatively twist to make a case for owning guns?
    Koga no Goshi

boy of DESTINY Senior Member Big_John's Avatar

I'm frequently told by the very members of this Backroom that every story on Foxnews is invented and a fabrication
    no you're not. you can be a very reasonable fellow sometimes, don. but you occasionally go off on these weird persecution complexes. no one, no one has ever said back here that every story on foxnews is a fabrication, much less have you been told so frequently.

but more to the point, why are you defending foxnews? you and tuff, i just don't get it. it's no secret, nor even real partisanship, to point out how big a joke fox is. yeah, most cable news is pretty bad, but you must be aware of fox's special appeal to the lowest common denominator, mustn't you?

fox does fine when they regurgitate the AP or reuters. but their commentary is laughably bad. not just for liberals, for anyone with an attention span. could a buffoon like sean hannity have been given his own show anywhere else? conversely, do you think candy crowley could ever get a job at fox (without losing 100 pounds, getting massive plastic surgery and dying her hair with clorox)?

fox is trash. why defend trash?

now, as to this story, good for him. i'd be interested if someone has a link for the apparent charges being filed, though. that sounds completely crazy.. why would a DA do something like that?

edit: and i want to take issue with the thread title. honestly, i don't think there are many dads out there that wouldn't have done the same thing, if they were capable. defending your daughter from a masked, knife-wielding, home-invasion rapist is about as basic instinct as you can get.
    Last edited by Big_John; 10-03-2008 at 07:56.
    now i'm here, and history is vindicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_John View Post
    no you're not. you can be a very reasonable fellow sometimes, don. but you occasionally go off on these weird persecution complexes. no one, no one has ever said back here that every story on foxnews is a fabrication, much less have you been told so frequently.

but more to the point, why are you defending foxnews? you and tuff, i just don't get it. it's no secret, nor even real partisanship, to point out how big a joke fox is. yeah, most cable news is pretty bad, but you must be aware of fox's special appeal to the lowest common denominator, mustn't you?

fox does fine when they regurgitate the AP or reuters. but their commentary is laughably bad. not just for liberals, for anyone with an attention span. could a buffoon like sean hannity have been given his own show anywhere else? conversely, do you think candy crowley could ever get a job at fox (without losing 100 pounds, getting massive plastic surgery and dying her hair with clorox)?

fox is trash. why defend trash?
    Ha ha. He just made Don's point.

Fox isn't any better/worse than the other two... well maybe it's somewhat less biased than MSNBC these days..

Is there any crime situation the NRA can't creatively twist to make a case for owning guns?
    They are an advocacy group like any other. The point was that you injected the NRA into the discussion with no reason other than to troll.

Ha ha. He just made Don's point.

Fox isn't any better/worse than the other two... well maybe it's somewhat less biased than MSNBC these days..
    No it's not. It's just more biased in your direction. If you think somehow that MSNBC starting to lean left after years of Fox is the very beginning of any sort of imbalance in the media, I dunno what to say. I don't think righties would say the news was balanced unless it was all right-slanted like Fox is.
    Koga no Goshi

No it's not. It's just more biased in your direction. If you think somehow that MSNBC starting to lean left after years of Fox is the very beginning of any sort of imbalance in the media, I dunno what to say. I don't think righties would say the news was balanced unless it was all right-slanted like Fox is.
    MSNBC is more subversive. Fox draws a line between their editorial personalities and their hard news guys.. MSNBC often blends this line..

For example, MSNBC had Matthews and Olbermann ancoring their convention coverage until the outcry was simply too much to ignore and they were relegated to where they should have been in the first place - commentators. It would be as if Fox had Hannity and Oreilly ancoring the Dem convention.

MSNBC is more subversive. Fox draws a line between their editorial personalities and their hard news guys.. MSNBC often blends this line..

For example, MSNBC had Matthews and Olbermann ancoring their convention coverage until the outcry was simply too much to ignore and they were relegated to where they should have been in the first place - commentators. It would be as if Fox had Hannity and Oreilly ancoring the Dem convention.
    Well, since there was immediate outcry it's not like they were sneaking it up on you, were they? Here's the thing. I ADMIT that MSNBC has slanted more left in the last few years. And it's only in the last few years that it's been noticeable. I don't really care that Fox wants to stump for the right, I guess I do care a little that it calls itself Fair and Balanced, but I think the only people who really believe that are conservatives.

What does bother me is the "redefining of truth" and the attempt to keep shoving the center anchor of gravity to the right. By denying over and over again that Fox has a clear conservative bent defies almost all the statistics and analysis of its coverage, how frequently it gives favorable coverage for right-wing viewpoints and negative or ganged-up-on coverage of left wing ones, etc., and saying "no no it's really neutral and in the middle", I consider it just psych warfare to try to define the middle as the right-wing. This is why today someone like Hillary Clinton, who is considered by many in the Dem party to be like, just 3 degrees shy of Lieberman in terms of her ties to the rich and corporate America and a very moderate/right economic philosophy, is still considered a "radically far left-wing San Francisco esque liberal" by the right. Because anything left of Lieberman is considered super radical left wing by you guys, it's like the middle/center got erased altogether. Well, actually, you guys just renamed your turf the middle. What's to the right of you, exactly? :) Timothy McVeigh's militia? :)

I think MSNBC starting to shift left is a natural evolution. Fox is not going anywhere. And Fox has been around for years. Until MSNBC in about the last two years started putting more left-wing commentators up into the lineup, the only venues for progressive viewpoints which weren't constantly being shouted down by like 3 conservative ones were a small handful of pay cable shows like Real Time, the Daily Show (which does not pretend to be serious journalism anyway, but is more serious journalism than a lot of "serious journalism") and then two radio stations when something like 90% of talk radio is right-wing. (And one of the two stations has a lot of management and financial problems and might not be around for long.)

You might recall, somewhat recently (well I'm getting my timeline messed up here, it's probably several months back now, I know it was well before the conventions) the righties had complained, and complained, and complained, and complained, about the "benevolent" coverage of Barack Obama in news. And then when they actually did a study, they found that Barack Obama was mentioned in a negative light more frequently than John McCain, and a majority of all comments about him made on mainstream news was negative. So it's like, um. What would be balanced to you guys? I sincerely feel like any viewpoint other than an obviously conservative one is, to you guys, too favorable to the left.
    Koga no Goshi

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Cool Re: They Dont Make Dads like this Anymore

No one else see the dead pan delivered joke in this?:

It has to be something that I subjectively approve as objective.

Guys:
    a) Add some simleys when making tongue in cheek posts.
    b) Don't assume because there are no smileys that the post is not therefore tongue in cheek.
    c) Tribesman start sharing those smileys.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast