Thread: A step towards realism...

...and more gore! I think that when you kill a body on the field, blood should splatter and make blood spots. And after a fight your units should have red stains on them! Also when you fight a bridge battle, there should be blood flowing in the river, which is what actually happened.

And it would be nice if you could inspect the bodies after a battle, find injured soldiers, and heal them. Maybe that's what the secret hospital was for?

Oh and this isn't that important, but we should be able to have replays of our battles! Or at least something like in Sid Meier's Gettysburg where you can replay but it shows rectangles that represented your units, which was cool because you could see your mistakes.

Ok I'm done.
    - A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.
    - The only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history.

Agreed HV, a mpg version of the .tga files.

Have been playing with the idea of putting together my own slide show of some battles with Power Point. Nice thing there is you can label - just need to find myself a suitable font.

I'm thinking some "inside humor" cartoons could be in order this way too.

Soly: the balls in your court - bet you could come up with some good cartoons - certainly consumate with the "hamster post" I'd expect .

Surprised no one's done this yet, except for STW 3000 examples, and the "plasma rifle dojo".
    “You know the sound of thunder Mrs. Garret."
    "Ofcourse"
    "Can you imagine that sound if I asked you to?"
    "Yes I can Mr. Hickok."
    "Your husband and me had this talk, and I told him to head home to avoid a dark result. But I didn't say it in thunder. Ma'am, listen to the thunder.”

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

HV: go back to playing Diablo, most people prefer the strategy of fighting on the filed than extraneous effects.

Candid: hey I've done more than my share of little cartoons: the AT-AT screenshot, my Saturn battlefield map, geisha beheadings screenshot, STW 2000 mecha-dojo screenshot, tons of Mongol campaign screenshots, campaing map easteregg/designer's notes screenshot, custom map names screenshot, not to mention all those nice ones in the OT forum! Gimme a rest.

lol

Soly-sama:

Comic Strips: not intended as an expectation or a command, only as grist for your mill.
    Always enjoy your graphics.
    “You know the sound of thunder Mrs. Garret."
    "Ofcourse"
    "Can you imagine that sound if I asked you to?"
    "Yes I can Mr. Hickok."
    "Your husband and me had this talk, and I told him to head home to avoid a dark result. But I didn't say it in thunder. Ma'am, listen to the thunder.”

There is a lot of gore. Get up close in a battle and watch someone kill someone, blood splatters and the guy falls to the ground in a pool of blood. But, it would be cool to see some blood in the river, maybe some blood drenched snow.

I should say I'm looking for a half-life type effect, where the blood is not part of the corpse sprite.
    - A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.
    - The only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history.