Thread: modding shogun

Default modding shogun

I recently was looking through the files for shogun, and was wondering if there is a way to mod it, change attributes for units. alter the honour etc. also I saw some things in there that I never saw in the game, such as a message saying you have a daughter, and a fat_vai adviser or something telling me not to attack christian factions....are they in game? or where they meant to be but never implemented? and I saw a geisha video where she serves tea to an enemy general I have never seen this in game. what curcumstance would trigger this video?

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Default Re: modding shogun

Hello greifvogell,

Shogun can be modded indeed, the Warlords edition/Mongol Invasion more so than the original Shogun: Totalwar. Unitproperties can be changed by using a texteditor on TroopStats.txt and Projectiles.txt.

It's also possible to create new campaigns, historical battles, historical campaigns and maps.

There are some things that don't seem to be implemented/used or work differently.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

I actually could find neither of those files, or are they on the disk? and is there a way to alter an individual solders stats, like give one soldier more honor without changing the initial values. (changing it mid campain)

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Hello greifvogell,

They should be in the root of your shogun directory. However, the original version does not have this. Do you have the version that includes Mongols, Kensai, Battlefield Ninjas and Naginata Cavalry?

I don't think you can change the honour of an individual soldier. It is stored in the savegame though, but you'ld have to plough through it using a hex-editor.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu View Post
    Hello greifvogell,

Shogun can be modded indeed, the Warlords edition/Mongol Invasion more so than the original Shogun: Totalwar. Unitproperties can be changed by using a texteditor on TroopStats.txt and Projectiles.txt.

It's also possible to create new campaigns, historical battles, historical campaigns and maps.

There are some things that don't seem to be implemented/used or work differently.
    There was once a spreadsheet that had awesome mod info. I have looked everywhere here, and can't find it. I beleive Colbrun, or someone with the similar handle made it. If anyone knows where I can find it, please help. Recently formatted my puter and lost it all. I found myself reloading STW MI, to give it a go again. Game still rocks.
    Happy holidays everyone.

It doesnt cost a dime to be nice

Welcome grandpa,

I am not sure which file you are looking for, but many STW-WE/MI stats can be found here: http://www.mizus.com/files/files/STW_WE/stats/

Thank you for your info. the spreadsheet for start position was not there that I could see. However, thank you very much