Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: The Full Monty: Simpsons Mafia [Concluded]

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

Default Re: The Full Monty: Simpsons Mafia (In Play)

Third place, woo hoo!

Bronze is this years gold!!!!!
    Last edited by Yoyoma1910; 12-01-2008 at 20:37.

My kingdom for a .

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Default Clues, clues, clues....

Hints and clues revealed!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=2045869&postcount=170
    Yoyoma wins honourable mention for best impersonation of his character from this exquisite post, number 170.

Northnovas did an excellent job, especially in the beginning, playing Quimby.
    Honourable mention YLC for post 275, accurate character list!
    WhiteEyes gets honourable mention for his excellent Willie.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Please don't read anything perverted into that statement.
    Okay, okay, go ahead; I meant just what it sounds like.

Clue number 1

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...0&postcount=33

post number 33:

"Possible characters in the game: (35)
    Total number of players: (29)

6 players have secret identities
    ."

Clue number 2

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...1&postcount=35
    Post 35:

"This is Kent Brockman reporting for Channel 6 eyewitness news. Several bodies have been found lying in Springfield Gorge, and they have been burned and mangled so badly that they have yet to be identified. It looks as though 7 distinct bodies have been tossed here..."

Conclusion: 6 players have secret identities, but there were 7 bodies found. That means that at least one of the victims of the original murder was the Bouvier Sisters. The fact that they are still marching around town proves they are guilty.

Kudos to TevashSzat for surviving so long even after this incredibly damning clue pointed the finger right at him from the very beginning.

Clue number 3

Post 35:
    "I've got my pitchfork. Several are available for purchase down at Cletus Spuckler's farmhouse, just in case anyone is presently unarmed."

Sideshow Bob murders people with a pitchfork. This is a dead giveaway that he murdered Cletus Spucker and took his place down at his farm. Cletus/Bob is therefore also proven guilty on the very first Day, but the clue wouldn't make sense until later, when he murdered someone.

Clue number 4

"Don't forget to have your kids carry guns when they go trick-or-treating in the coming days, because this city is a huge disaster waiting to happen."

Hinting that guns will be the perfect defensive weapon against zombie attacks. Not an excellent clue, but it was there.

Clue number 5

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...&postcount=119

Post number 119 proves that the three voted parties are Flanders, Bart, and Brockman.

Clue number 6

"Ned Flander's remains were among those found in Springfield Gorge, sans the skin. That's why he was difficult to identify."

This is compelling evidence that everyone in the Gorge was an original victim... replaced by impostors. At this point, going back to clue number two, you should calculate that Patty and Selma are indeed guilty.

Clue number 7

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...&postcount=143

Post 143.
    Beefy187 identifies himself as Cletus Spuckler, perhaps not the first time, but compellingly.

Clue number 8

The first big clues... The night one action report:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...&postcount=146
    Post 146.

1. Bart Simpson, Edna Krabappel, and Reverend Lovejoy are all proven innocent, and their roles are somewhat revealed. Edna is a, shall we say, loose woman, possibly a roleblocker, and Bart Simpson is a prankster, possibly another roleblocker.

2. Skinner and Agnes are proven not to be Sideshow Bob.

3. Marge Simpson is proven innocent, and her role is a defender.

4. Snake carries a switchblade and uses it as a murder weapon. He is, of course, disguised.

5. Moe the Bartender is proven innocent.

6. Comic Book Guy is "whacked" by someone wielding a wooden mallet. Possible suspects would be Krusty, Sideshow Bob, Maggie Simpson, and few, if any, others.

7. Maggie Simpson is exposed to have no motive for anything too terribly sinister, and has no aliases. Almost all the baddies had aliases. Chances are she's not guilty (although she was the vigilante).

8. "Homer Simpson was on his way down to Moe's (seeing Moe on TV reminded him that he wanted to go to the bar and drink some beer) when he was confronted by a familiar-looking person."

9. Moe's Bar, and someone familiar, would possibly indicate Barney Gumble. After all, Moe himself was already proven innocent.

Clue number 9

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...&postcount=182

Post 182.

Northnovas agrees that double lynching is unfair. I wonder why that is... Hehehehe. NorthNovas, be careful!

Clue number 10

Post 184.

Beefy says "If I were mafia I would use reverse psychology". Well, I didn't make him say this, but I'll be danged if that doesn't sound like reverse psychology.

Clue number 11

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...&postcount=208
    Post 208.

"Thanks, NorthNovas. Say, Mayor Quimby, could you maybe get your people to revive their freaking police investigator??? I mean, sheesh, everyone loves comic book guy, but it's not like he can kill zombies with his bare hands or anything."

I get pretty cocky here by making the implicit assumption that Quimby is innocent. Why would I do that unless he is guilty?

I also reveal that Comic Book Guy can kill zombies.

Clue number 12

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...&postcount=225
    Post 225

The night two action report:

1. Hibbert is revealed to be one of the reviver characters.
    2. Riviera is revealed to be an incompetent reviver.
    3. Wiggum is brought back by Riviera as a zombie, revealed later.
    4. Brockman's report reveals that Frink was innocent.
    5. Itchy and Scratchy are revealed to operate as a single unit. Hint hint. One person is two people... who in the game is that? TevashSzat and the Bouvier sisters.
    6. A "small" gunshot is heard when killing Hutz. It is revealed he was vigilante'd. What vigilante uses a wooden mallet and perhaps a small gun? Maggie Simpson.

7. "Dr. Nick Riviera was finishing the cleaning from the operation which brought Wiggum back to life, when he heard a noise behind him and the odd combination of hair gel, and something else which Nick might have prescribed himself. Nick spun around and saw his attacker wearing a disguise, but before he could say another thing, he was stabbed in the eye with a switchblade."

Hair Gel and something which Nick might have prescribed himself... such as a controlled substance. Hair Gel indicates Snake, and the blade as the method of murder... but the controlled substance indicates a drug abuser. How about... Otto Mann?

8. Quimby calls for Security. He is the only player in the game with security guards, which turn up in later chapters as murderers... he's also revealed to be corrupt, but that's actually consistent with his character.

9. "Sideshow Bob had had a difficult evening... apparently there was someone on his trail. But he was far too crafty and evaded them."

It is revealed that someone tried to roleblock Sideshow Bob. This is as good as an investigation, and you don't have to reveal yourself. Double whammy!

10. In the Sideshow Bob murder, all the surviving members of the Simpson family are revealed to be out for the evening. That means they all had active roles. Such as roleblocking or investigating, or being the vigilante.

Clue number 13

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...&postcount=275
    Post 275

Remarkably accurate character list. Kudos YLC for working it all out and posting it.

Clue number 14

Post 329
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...&postcount=329

1. Moe tries to intoxicate Cletus, who is immune to being intoxicated. Why would a slack-jawed yokel be IMMUNE to alcohol? He also is revealed to have an orange shirt. Pay attention to Cletus' appearance. An image of him can be easily found online.

2. Sideshow Bob was wearing overalls. Who wears overalls and an orange shirt? Cletus Spuckler.

3. "Just as he was about to reach his freedom, he was impaled through the throat with a long pitchfork." Murder weapon clue. Who has pitchforks? Cletus Spuckler.

4. "Squeal like a pig for me Bart"... an homage to "Deliverance". Which character conjures up images of "Deliverance"? Cletus Spuckler.

5. "A man who smelled of the wacky tobacco, with a large poof of slick, combed brown hair, entered the office of Doctor Julius Hibbert. With his switchblade, he sliced into the good doctor's kidney, and Hibbert chuckled a little bit, then screamed in horrible pain."

Wacky tobacco = marijuana. Slick, combed brown hair = Snake's hairdo. Switchblade = Snake's murder weapon. Proof that Otto was Snake, and was mafia.

"Just then, the attacker grabbed a stash of "medicinal" and made off with it. However, he left behind a giant comb."

Obvious now, isn't it? Snake, Otto, mafia.

6. Wayland Smithers is gunned down by a security guard, revealing Quimby as Mafia.
    There is no other way to interpret the security guard clue.

Clue number 15

Post number 377
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...&postcount=377

(TevashSzat has already been implicated as Patty and Selma/ Itchy and Scratchy. No further clues were given here regarding Itchy and Scratchy.)

1. Burns is revealed to be "innocent", which at the time he was.
    2. Sideshow Bob is revealed to be disguised as a man. Yes, "He look-a like-a man."
    3. Sideshow Bob is wearing blood-splattered overalls.
    4. The host declares that he doesn't want to give too much information away. This tells you to look for clues.
    5. Snake is revealed to smell of the "funky smokes". Another Otto connection.
    6. Comic Book guy is revealed to have anti-zombie defenses.
    7. Rythmic and Andres are revealed to be zombies.

Clue number 16

Burns is revealed to carry a gun.

Clue number 17

Post number 432 Proves that YLC is insane.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...&postcount=432

Not his character, but him. Yes, YLC himself is totally mad. Come on, you know this is the most vital clue of them all. Don't look at me like that.

Clue number 18

"I know who you are... come out an' face Willy. You foul-smellin, Zeppelin'-lovin troglodyte! You are just afraid to face me, because you know I'd give you the beatin' of a lifetime."

The Mafia is disguised as someone who likes Led Zeppelin!
    Otto Mann.

Clue number 19

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...&postcount=553
    Post 553

1. Apu is revealed to have a weapon and extra lives.
    2. Burns, Krusty, and Apu are revealed to have the ability to slay zombies.
    3. In every round, the active zombies are highlighted.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As you can see, some of my insane writings weren't all that insane after all. Keep this in mind, it's an Askthepizzaguy trademark.

Congratulations winners, and thanks go to all the good sports who didn't win this game. Come back next time, and I bet you will do much better.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 12-01-2008 at 22:34.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

Default Re: The Full Monty: Simpsons Mafia (Concluded)

WhiteEyes gets honourable mention for his excellent Willie.
    ERR.....thanks.....(joking but I really liked Yoyoma's, lionel huts) but I was the one to help flush out the LAST serial killer.....only to help led to a stone cutter victory, Why were there no clues they would turn? (I mean the last voting round town had no chance it was 3v3.....) otherwise great game....

Blog Entries

god that took a while to read, very crafty clues there

Quote Originally Posted by White_eyes:D View Post
    ERR.....thanks.....(joking but I really liked Yoyoma's, lionel huts) but I was the one to help flush out the LAST serial killer.....only to help led to a stone cutter victory, Why were there no clues they would turn? (I mean the last voting round town had no chance it was 3v3.....) otherwise great game....
    Well it was never a foregone conclusion that the Stonecutters would turn. As long as TevashSzat or another mafia were alive, the Stonecutters were good guys. Assuming the zombies ate up all the stonecutters, Town wins as soon as the last mafia or serial killer dies.

Luck was not on your side, and the voting for a zombie did not help.

However, I calculated several possible endings. Check em out:

This was depending on your voting and killing strategies.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Day Eight.

Aries- CBG (zombieproof)
    WhiteEyes- Willie (anti-murder)
    Smowz- Lovejoy (townie)

Chaotix- Burns (anti-zombie) Stonecutter
    Quintus- Krusty- Stonecutter
    Glyphz- Apu- Stonecutter

YLC- zombie
    ED- zombie

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Town lynches first.
    Zombies bite second.
    Stonecutters murder third.
    Town lynches Lovejoy (anti-town strategy)
    zombies bite Krusty and Apu, making them zombies. (anti-SC strategy)
    Burns shoots YLC (anti-zombie)

Aries- CBG (zombieproof)

Glyphz- Apu- Stonecutter
    ED- zombie

Town lynches Burns (anti-SC strategy)

Townie victory!

Ending: Burns is revealed to be the master of the undead, ruler of the Stonecutters. His death made the zombies disappear, and with the stonecutters vanquished, the Townies are the only faction remaining.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Town lynches Burns (anti-SC strategy)
    zombies bite Krusty and Apu (anti-SC strategy)

Aries- CBG (zombieproof)
    Smowz- Lovejoy (townie)

Glyphz- Apu- Stonecutter
    YLC- zombie
    ED- zombie

Townie victory!

Ending: With the destruction of the Stonecutters, Comic Book Guy, Willie the Greased Scotsman, and the Good Reverend Lovejoy barricade themselves inside the church, and a climactic battle ends with exorcisms, chainsaws, and grenades alike saving the town!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Town lynches Lovejoy (Anti-Smowz strategy)
    zombies bite Comic and Willie (Anti-town strategy)
    Burns, Krusty, and Apu destroy 3 zombies

Aries- CBG (zombieproof)
    Glyphz- Apu- Stonecutter
    ED- zombie

Stonecutters vote for Aries. (SC win strategy)
    3 stonecutters surround and destroy the final zombie.

Stonecutter victory!

----------------------------------------------------
    Town lynches Comic Book Guy (anti-town strategy)
    Zombies bite Krusty and Apu (anti-SC strategy)
    Burns murders zombie (anti-zombie)

Glyphz- Apu- Stonecutter
    YLC- zombie
    ED- zombie

Town lynches Smowz or WE (anti-town strategy)
    Zombies eat remaining townies and destroy final stonecutter.

Zombie victory!

=============================================
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 12-01-2008 at 23:31.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

But there was as many townies as SC......so how in the world were we to outvote them???

But there was as many townies as SC......so how in the world were we to outvote them???
    You couldn't. You had to rely on the zombies eating them and turning them into zombies.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Sorry I should mention that, kind of like YLC's Resident Evil mafia, once it was down to just town and the zombies, the town wins.

Unhindered by murderers and serial killers in their ranks, the town can successfully hunt down the final zombies, no matter how many there are. That's why the zombies are so powerful, town still has a chance no matter how outnumbered they are.

Game balance.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar

Default Re: Clues, clues, clues....

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post

[https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...postcount=170]
    Yoyoma wins honourable mention for best impersonation of his character from this exquisite post, number 170.

Thanks Pizza, I had a lot of fun while I lasted.

Holds up his little smoking monkey Oscar.

Thank you, thank you all. I spent months in back alleys and hanging around with sleazy bastards preparing myself for this role.
    In fact, I fear I may have played the role to well, having been murdered by the vigilante shortly after my performance.

I would like to thank all the pizza guys out there, who answer questions from others. And of course all the little people. Since the average height of men in my family is somewhere around 5’3”, I say the littler the better.
    Last edited by Yoyoma1910; 12-02-2008 at 00:11.

My kingdom for a .

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I killed all the simpsons family

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

I know! I mean seriously I thought I had made the Simpson family quite powerful.

2 defenders, a roleblocker, investigator, and vigilante all who knew each other were innocent.

I really am shocked they got picked off so easily.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I know! I mean seriously I thought I had made the Simpson family quite powerful.

2 defenders, a roleblocker, investigator, and vigilante all who knew each other were innocent.

Well, when you think about it not too many were active...... Plus side show Bob had a good cover role till the bar scene hint and also when he accused me(I was sweating bullets that night round) then Ottoman pointed out that hint that even I should have seen(but I already knew it was him, right when he congratulated me on surviving the night....I was like "I am a dead man unless the red neck gets it this day phase"....)

Maybe they shouldn't have shot their legal council.

My kingdom for a .

Blog Entries

Well, when you think about it not too many were active...... Plus side show Bob had a good cover role till the bar scene hint and also when he accused me(I was sweating bullets that night round) then Ottoman pointed out that hint that even I should have seen(but I already knew it was him, right when he congratulated me on surviving the night....I was like "I am a dead man unless the red neck gets it this day phase"....)
    I was hoping I could get you lynched. I didnt know all the stone cutters already knew my true role..

Again... Damn you Sarathos

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

Never ... never ever disclose your role if you are a Bad guy in a mafia game.

All though I got voted out in round 1 ... , I was fortunate to get a second chance with a stonecutter role. It was easy to find the group thanks to Quintus' opening post in the first round.
    Here is the quicktopic that the stonecutters used.

It is hard to follow the rules when you have all these plans and can't communicate them through the forum you have set up. Why did the mafia kill both me and El Diablo in the same round?
    That made me suspect there being a mole in my fellow Stonecutters.

Fortunately they were quite capable to get the job done without my interference.
    Status Emeritus

Blog Entries

Soon as YLC posted that whole character list, I just told my self that im going to kill all the Simpsons family.

I thought the stone cutters were neutral, if not townies without any ability

(Join Fillet Royale!! https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=109832 FUN!!)
    Last edited by Beefy187; 12-03-2008 at 01:58.

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

This was a rather short game for me, but reading what happened afterwards is good fun. The stonecutters are a nice twist

Cheers to ATPG for hosting this

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021