Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1050

Thread: The Gaming News Thread

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Re: The Gaming News Thread

Just read a new Metroid Prime is comming, awesome (old control scheme pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)

Switch is shaping up. Was sceptical at first but it's a nice little machinewith a lot of indie support

Wut? Doom is being ported to the Switch, that's pretty wild. The footage I saw looked very good, there is compromise of course it's locked at 30 fps but I don't notice the difference between 30 and 60 fps usually. Not a game I want to play on a handheld but awesome that that small thing can do it. I still curse nintendo for giving up on the WiiU so fast, really love that thing and they could coexist just fine, but it's impossible to regret buying the Switch

Got it, it doesn't look all that compromised really, it is of course but you don't really notice it when it's in motion, it looks great when undocked. Big wt.. I am really pleasantly surprised.

Switch

It's a big thing to have Doom on the Switch, so I might as well post some more on it. Not as favourable as my initial impressions. It looks really good, can't say it doesn't. But it simply plays pretty bad, it's smooth enough with 30fps but you constantly crave motion control feauteres that are simply not there, aiming with the joycon would have made a world of difference itselve but muchmore could have been done. So would have been making use of the Switch's incredible rumble features, they are untouched and thats realy a shame, weird as they are Nintendo doesn't use it as a seiling point but the Switch has really cool rumble-features, it's disapointing that they aren't used better. There is rumble when shooting but nothing when walking so you fee like floating. That's the same for all versions but because the Switch has these incredible tech-features why not use it. Doom is a good game but you should want the other versions

edit, screw all that after a few adjustments it's really really good. Doom on the Switch, yeah it really is. I was so sceptical at first but it's the best version. It isn't but certainy the coolest. Controls REALY need to be adjusted to your liking though
    Last edited by Fragony; 12-06-2017 at 20:09.

Oh yay, Dark Souls remastered is comming as well. Would rather have Demon's Souls or Bloodborne as they are imho better but Dark Souls remains a masterpiece, really captivating, having it on the Switch will be fantastic, it's fast enough to run the more laggy area's, the ps3 coughed up some blood at times
    Last edited by Fragony; 01-12-2018 at 08:30.

Oh yesyesyes, Pillars of Eternity 2 is comming to teh Switch. That's the greatest thing ever that game is so good. The first was really mean to existing hardware, I wonder how the second one holds up om the rather modest hardwre of the Switch, it may be a very powerful handheld but it's not a very powerful console

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Steam Summer Sale is on! Grab what you get!

PUBG is at 33% discount, Total War games discounted as well plus games like Rising Storm 2 are on 50% off.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Hello!

Maybe can somebody recommend me an interesting game? :)

thanks!

SOMA is really interesting imho, asks some deep questions. The gameplay could have been better, I recommend playing it on wuss-mode it is actually more unnerving

Member thankful for this post:

Xiahou 

Steam Autumn Sale just wrapped up - get ready for the Winter one, probably around December 20-21.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

The Crew 2 is on free weekend sale right now.

Proud

Been to:

Steam Winter Sale is on - get some good stuff over on the Steam Store.

Got myself some more goodies for Euro Truck Simulator 2.

www.steampowered.com

Proud

Been to:

There's good stuff left on Steam that I don't have already?

I still have a few games that I haven't even touched and plenty that I began but didn't finish (or "finish" in some cases), I think most of the others can wait until the next sale when I'm done with my unfinished business.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Csargo 

CS GO IEM Katowice just happened

Steam Summer Sale is on boys!

www.steampowered.com

Proud

Been to:

https://www.humblebundle.com -> Humble Monthly has Kingdom Come Deliverance for 12 USD!

Proud

Been to:

Gaming news thread and no talk about Cyberpunk 2077 and Keanu Reeves, E3 in general? :D No discussion of Larian's Baldur's Gate III license? Where you at, people?

Quote Originally Posted by Xantan View Post
    CS GO IEM Katowice just happened

These majors were really enjoyable to watch, especially for ENCE. But Astralis deserved the win, they are just monsters

Proud

Been to:

You have about 2 months to play all Half Life games for free on Steam. Until the Alyx title drops.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And Google's Stadia is not doing too well...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas.../#535562757c3f

Proud

Been to:

Members thankful for this post (2):

The Anger Shaman of the .Org Content Manager Voigtkampf's Avatar

Cyberpunk 2077 has been postponed (once again) for additional 21 days. The new release date is set for the 10th December 2020.

Anyone else looking forward to this title? As a fan of cyberpunk and film noir (go no further than my own nick) I am looking very much forward to this one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a6d4udjv0ov51.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	112.8 KB 
ID:	24024  

Today is your victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings, The Water Book

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

There is no way my potato could run the game but I am definitely looking forward to it. I adored The Witcher 3 so I am eager to see what becomes of this one.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Steam Winter Sale is up and running!

http://store.steampowered.com

So... Netflix is going into video games. Just not the way you're thinking of, they won't be making Call of Duty any time soon. It's more about streaming.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...eyond-films-tv

Company of Heroes 3 coming up soon.

https://www.ign.com/articles/grand-t...t-major-update

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...as-tech-review

So as you might know, the GTA Definitive Edition has been a bit of a disaster rollout, with numerous bugs and faulty code. But apparently those who own it will get some goodies.

Additionally, Rockstar has gifted everyone who owns Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition on PC the classic PC versions of Grand Theft Auto 3, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas as another way to make up for the problems. It has also made these classic versions available, once again, on the Rockstar Store as a bundle.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/3/29/2...e-release-date

New PlayStation Plus subscription options, competing with Xbox Game Pass.

PlayStation Plus Extra is a new tier that includes all the Essential benefits and adds up to 400 PS4 or PS5 games. Games in this Extra tier are also downloadable, and it will be priced at $14.99 per month. The third tier is PlayStation Plus Premium, priced at $17.99 per month.The Premium option includes all the same benefits in Essential and Extra, alongside 340 additional games, including select PS3 titles via cloud streaming. There will be a catalog of classic games available in both streaming and download options, including original PlayStation, PS2, and PSP games. Time-limited game trials will also be offered in this Premium tier, so PlayStation owners can try games before they buy them.

• PlayStation Plus Essential — includes multiplayer access, two monthly downloadable games, discounts, and cloud storage for game saves. Priced at $9.99 per month or $59.99 a year.
    • PlayStation Plus Extra — includes everything in Plus Essential and access to a catalog of up to 400 PS4 or PS5 games. Priced at $14.99 per month or $99.99 a year.
    • PlayStation Plus Premium — includes all benefits from Essential and Extra, with an extra 340 games that include PS3 titles that can be streamed and some original PlayStation, PS2, and PSP games. Time-limited game trials also available. Priced at $17.99 per month or $119.99 a year.

Proud

Been to:

Here I found a new game, Guitar Hero. I play this game for last 2 month. Playing in Guitar Hero Live mode, you will perform in front of an audience and see the horde of onlookers from the main individual! In the event that you are an expert - wash in the praise and love of the fans, play ineffectively - watch harsh mines. In Guitar Legend Live you will perform at various settings. You will play and start up the crowd in little clubs and on the gigantic fundamental phases of live events. Even You can play Guitar Hero on pc also.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435