Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you play too much EB when...

Prefect of Judea (former) Member Pontius Pilate's Avatar

Default Re: You know you play too much EB when...

Quote Originally Posted by General Appo View Post
    Seriously man, LS just look so...toyish. It doesn´t look like real armour, it look like something from a really bad Star Trek episode. LH looks like a real armour, and it looks really Roman too.
    It´s not just that LS is so extremely overused by Hollywood and everyone like that, I´ve just always thought LS looked wrong, long before I learned that it actually was pretty wrong in a sense.

Well I think, the reason you dislike LS is, because most of the LS you see being worn is by reenactors, who probably made their own LS or ordered it from somewhere. And most of the LS made now a days is created using modern materials. The LS made today would probably look alot different than ones made in Roman times. Also, ones made in Roman times were made of iron, while today's ones are made of steel and highly polished to look very shiny. And I think the reason why you think it looks so "toyish" is because of the bright sliver shiny color. I would guess in ancient times, after a few campaigns here and there the LS would look pretty rough and worn and not so toyish. Also, iron is not as shiny as steel.

Now this is just my personal opinion but I think LS looks more solid, stable, and stronger than LH. It is after all plate armor as opposed to mail, both of which have their pros and cons, other wise the Romans wouldn't have even adopted LS in the first place. If I had to go into battle a would probably pick LS as opposed to LH.

And yes, I know LS was not used in EB's time frame and I am not pushing the EB team to put it in the game. But LS was used during the 1 and 2 centuries AD, even though the auxallires and some legions continued to use LH and even scale mail.
    SPQR SPQR

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    LS is the best! LS is the best! Come on people sing along!!

..when you compare the USA's foreign policy with the RTW AI.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Rampant psychopath Member Olaf Blackeyes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gamegeek2 View Post
    When you write an AAR. Though I suppose nobody really minds :)
    This
    Also when you dream of how you can figure out a better way to do acient tortures on ppl

LOL sooo hard at the LS LH argument
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 10-26-2008 at 20:39.

My own personal SLAVE BAND (insert super evil laugh here)
    My balloons:
    My AAR The Story of Souls: A Sweboz AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=109013

Quote Originally Posted by Dayve View Post
    You're fighting against the AI... how do you NOT win?

Quote Originally Posted by Hax View Post
    ..when you compare the USA's foreign policy with the RTW AI.
    sad thing about that is that the RTW AI is actually smarter.

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

By comparing the USA´s foreign policy with RTW AI, you are insulting the later. Apologise.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Duly noted, let the record show that I officially apologize for mentioning the 2 in the same breath...besides, what has the RTW AI done to me? (apart from charging my FL straight into the front of a Phalanx... )

you know you play too much EB when you point out every single little historical innacuracy in ancient-civilization movies
    "An army of Sheep led by a Lion will always defeat an army of Lions led by a Sheep"
    -Arabic Military Maxim
    "War doesn't decide who is right, only who is left."
    "In order to test a man's strength of character, do not give him adversity, for any man can handle adversity, but instead give him POWER.
    -Abraham Lincoln
    "A man once asked me who my grandfather was. I told him I didn't know who he was, and didn't care. I cared more about who his grandson will be."
    -Abraham Lincoln

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

By comparing the USA´s foreign policy with RTW AI, you are insulting the later. Apologise.
    Eh, if Obama gets elected (which I fervently hope)...
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

White Panther (Legalize Weed!) Member AlexanderSextus's Avatar

You know you play too much EB when your friends are watching a music video that has a Julius Caesar quote in the beginning, and he says

"oh, thats gay, putting a random julius caesar quote in there."

They all start laughing, but you're all like "What the hell are you talking about, Julius Caesar was awesome, he took gaul in less th-...."

"Shut the F up dude we're trying to watch the video, nobody cares."

Last edited by AlexanderSextus; 10-27-2008 at 11:59.
    Do you hate Drug Cartels? Do You believe that the Drug War is basically a failure? Do you think that if we Legalized the Cannabis market, that use rates would drop, we could put age limits on cannabis, tax it, and other wise regulate it? Join The ORG Marijuana Policy Project!

In American politics, similar to British politics, we have a choice between being shot in our left testicle or the right testicle. Both parties advocate pissing on the little guys, only in different ways and to a different little guy.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderSextus View Post
    You know you play too much EB when your friends are watching a music video that has a Julius Caesar quote in the beginning, and he says

They all start laughing, but you're all like "What the hell are you talking about, Julius Caesar was awesome, he took gaul in less th-...."

Sadly, I know exactly what are you talking about! They all say gay first thing when they hear his name- the rest is unimportant. If only I had a sword, I could show them!

...you read mostly history books and even those for AAR research.

(I am guilty of some previously mentioned, but what made me laugh most was stealing food in the name of my favourite faction by Hax, I do it so often...)

my balloons

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderSextus View Post

Now, you see, if that happened to me, those people wouldn't be my friends anymore... -M
    My Balloons:

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majd il-Romani View Post
    you know you play too much EB when you point out every single little historical innacuracy in ancient-civilization movies
    guilty of that..

then again, I've been doing that since long before EB, so it could be a natural trait.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Trait: Plays too much EB.

Effects: +10 Awesomness
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

White Panther (Legalize Weed!) Member AlexanderSextus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mulceber View Post
    Now, you see, if that happened to me, those people wouldn't be my friends anymore... -M
    They aren't!!!!
    Do you hate Drug Cartels? Do You believe that the Drug War is basically a failure? Do you think that if we Legalized the Cannabis market, that use rates would drop, we could put age limits on cannabis, tax it, and other wise regulate it? Join The ORG Marijuana Policy Project!

In American politics, similar to British politics, we have a choice between being shot in our left testicle or the right testicle. Both parties advocate pissing on the little guys, only in different ways and to a different little guy.

Well, Julius Ceasar is a bit gay. Vercingetorix, now that´s a real man´s name.
    The Appomination

Vicious Celt Warlord Member Celtic_Punk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majd il-Romani View Post
    i did that before EB...
    damn straight!
    Last edited by Celtic_Punk; 10-28-2008 at 14:15.
    'Who Dares WINS!' - SAS
    "The republic stands for truth and honour. For all that is noblest in our race. By truth and honour, principle and sacrifice alone will Ireland be free."-Liam Mellows

Who knows? If it's a enough day we may all end up Generals!"

And who kicked whose ass?

Julius is not his first name, its his family name no one would call him Julius Caesar
    Last edited by SwissBarbar; 10-28-2008 at 15:07.
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

When you name your cat Nizagan-i Eranshahr :P

(when you know what Nizagan-i Eranshahr is:D)
    Last edited by Lovejoy; 10-28-2008 at 15:28.

Quote Originally Posted by SwissBarbar View Post
    Julius is not his first name, its his family name no one would call him Julius Caesar

What, Gaius is better? That´s like, Gay Us. Which sounds really gay. Yeah. Go Gauls! Go soap!
    The Appomination

actually in his time, in the hellenic/roman culture it would even not be a shame to be gay..

but gjc was a womanizer !!! the only gay thing he ever did, was f*** the gauls a**es

Untrue, it would have been extremely shameful for a Roman to be homosexual. Would have been looked down upon in most Hellenic cities too, for that matter.

But yeah, it´s amazing how lots of young people use the word gay as just any derogatory term. Well, not as much amazing as sad.
    The Appomination

what about paiderastia f.e.

What about that King of Bithynia?

Yes, and the fact the good old Gaius through his entire life got mocked and insulted for that supposed incident should tell you a little something about how the Romans looked on homosexuality. True, they were a lot more liberal about it then say 19th century Britain where even a rumour could ruin your entire political career, but it was far from open practice or anything.
    The Appomination

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

well, it wasn't that Caesar was gay at all; the problem was apparently that he recieved the King of Bythinia, not the king of Bythinia recieving Caesar, the bad thing being that Caesar was supposed to dominate the passive, not be one, as he was a roman male "aristocrat". the pajoritive terms used by the romans (usually derived from greek), origionally referred to those who were passive parts in the acts. just look at the terms Pathicus, or Cinaedus. also, a good reading of Catullus should tell you plenty.

and gaius is pronunced guy-oos (oo is short u).
    Last edited by Ibrahim; 10-28-2008 at 17:40.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Yes, and the fact the good old Gaius through his entire life got mocked and insulted for that supposed incident should tell you a little something about how the Romans looked on homosexuality. True, they were a lot more liberal about it then say 19th century Britain where even a rumour could ruin your entire political career, but it was far from open practice or anything.
    Then why did the ridicule only flourish when he was making political enemies? And how much of the ridicule was from the mere act of homosexuality, rather than the idea of a proper Roman envoy 'bottoming' to a foreign puppet-king?

-Glee

EDIT: Bugger[1], Ibrahim beat me to it.

[1] Pun Fully Intended
    Last edited by Gleemonex; 10-28-2008 at 17:46. Reason: bugger
    Sheer musical genius: Gould on Mozart

Balloons: ("Welcome to EB" from T.A.)

Ibra, have jesting been completely lost on you? I know how Gaius is pronounced, and I don´t think Julius Ceasar is a gay name, and I couldn´t care less if it was.
    The Appomination

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast