Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Redux: Debug-Area...

Default Re: Redux: debug area...

Hi, thanks.

It seems The Norse can recruit druids from a stone circle, but not if it is upgraded to a great henge.
    In the description of the guardtower (Level 1) I would change "halter" to "halt".
    Some cavalry descriptions say "devestating charge", which I would spell as "devastating charge" (Maybe that is from ordinary MTW...).

Ok, thanks.

Hello TauNine…

Great henge...
    I am sorry but I’ll have to dismiss it. I’ve been able to get the druids on both versions as the Norse. As I can not replicate this reported issue – I have too go dismissed on this…

Guard Tower1...
    “Halt”… Works for me… Any other stuff? Anywhere?

Devestating...
    It should be spelled devastating - you are absolutely right. That is a valid error… Thus, noted & logged… Thanks man.

-------------------------------
    -------------------------------

Other minor stuff found in RXB1001:

• The HRE has an old faction-description from 2nd Ed that should not be there. Valid for VI-version only (it will be removed next update/patch)....

More as they come….

- Cheers

MTW VI 2.01 + Redux 1001 + VI patch

Moors and Saracens are not able to recruit emissaries.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

Noted & logged... Thanks Staz.

- A

Not sure if you would call this a bug or not?

Apparently when you edited Changes.txt the View Battle Replay option was deleted. It was an easy fix to add the text back in there for it to function again.

Hello Madden,

Nah its no bug. I removed it in 2nd ED due to my fears of the thing would cause troubles – it turned out that it did not. However I have yet to “officially” put it back in Redux. I might do that one of these days – still it is easily accessible with the cross-thingy anyhow (consciously in 3rd ED betas).

- A

Default Re: MTW-Redux Beta Released!

hi,

another prob: ´cos I got stuck with the norse game due to questions above, I tried something new. Installed MTW 1.1 with redux to my "working machine" with quite some newer hardware (core2duo 2,66: ATI 4650, 2GB RAM); got the problem of CTD while entering and/or leaving battle map. I do remember that axalon wrote something about the screen with the red progress thing making problems, but because the search funktion is, sorry, quite crappy, didn´t get results I was looking for. Therefore the question:
    How can I avoid this nuisance of having to quicksave (and restart game) before/after every battle, concerning really only that loading screen?!?
    thanks in advance,
    daigaku
    Last edited by daigaku; 04-22-2012 at 12:22.

Hello Daigaku,

What OS is this? Is this problem happening straight from start (new game) or does it get like this after a while? Anyways, I would spontaneously suggest a change of drivers for GFX-card.

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; 04-22-2012 at 17:42.

Hi Axalon,

goes crashing straight away - if I get into the battles (those running fine), on exit - CTD....if not, it already crashes with the loading image with the red indicatorthing growing

Specs: WinXP SP3, Driver for 4650 is "catalyst-version" 09.4

any idea?

good to see you back,

daigaku

Hi man and thanks,

Hmmm.... Obviously XP is not the most optimal OS for MTW there was, it has long history of screwing things up - and that in numerous ways... My guess is that there is something within the files that your XP-configuration really hates and can't handle. Don't have a clue what that may exactly be. I think your best option so far is still to change drivers as I think those are the culprit here. Catalysts 9.5 functions on HD4800-series and Redux (XP32bit), so try those or later drivers. You are probably stuck with this for as long as you do not change drivers.

- A

Hi Axalon,

don´t remember 100%, but didn´t you write somewhere about exactly this loading screen making problems? and being solved by deleting or changing some files? Am not really sure, but something was there somewhere I was leafing thru the forum...

daigaku

btw, is it normal in 1.1 that you don´t see anything in foreign provinces, even with ships and ports everywhere? Haven´t played 1.1 for ages and simply forgot...
    Last edited by daigaku; 04-22-2012 at 19:42.

It does not ring any bells for me - if it is about any file-changes, Redux should already have all those in place essentially...

Quote Originally Posted by daigaku View Post
    btw, is it normal in 1.1 that you don´t see anything in foreign provinces, even with ships and ports everywhere? Haven´t played 1.1 for ages and simply forgot...
    Yup, pretty much... You need agents for that in Redux (usually anyways)...

- A

Hi,

this catalyst 9.5 - do I have to do all this driver cleaner thingy or is enough to install over the old one? just found it after some search...

daigaku

aftermath: uninstalled 9.4, installed 9.5, tried to battle - instant CTD.. :-(
    Last edited by daigaku; 04-22-2012 at 20:48.

Alright, try some Catalysts 11+ (just install them on top), if that don't work, I'm inclined to say that it looks like that particular system (or rather GFX-card on XP-drives) won't play ball. I'm fresh out of ideas....

- A

Hi,
    new 12.3 installed and worked till now. Lag of 1-2min loading, but then stable (4 battles in row)

Happy about being able to play 1.1 with Princesses ;-)) and battles on my other machine....

Thanx a lot for advice, help and general good feeling

daigaku

Hey Axalon,

just stumbled over something new: Those various reduxed morale/stability/happiness - buildings do give quite different bonuses in 1.1 and 2.1. Was that meant that way?

greetings from happily playing along

daigaku

Member thankful for this post:

Axalon 

Default Redux: Debug-Area...

Hello @daigaku,

You are right - for the watchtowers…. On castles and “Mercenary magnetism” as well, and I have fixed both for RXB1003… I guess it is a “noted & logged” on you – the very last for RXB1002… It really was in the "eleventh hour" to be included in RXB1003 – but the corrections were made – and I managed to squeeze in a credit as well for you due to that stuff… Again, thanks...

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; 04-26-2012 at 02:22. Reason: update...

Hi Axalon,

..just experienced something strange: Had set (my old machine) the "AGP aperture size" down to 4MB, in the game put the "AGP memory" to 0 and had a battle (about 2000 men) - and didn´t get choppy!

am quite tired now (getting those saracens who HAD owned half the map in line is WORK) but will verify tomorrow and keep reporting!

greetings daigaku

Hi to everyone,

here are some good news. As some might know already, I´m playing M:TW/VI and, since only a short time, redux on a rather outdated rig. Solved battles for over ten years with a total of beyond 400-500 men by autocalc ´cos of poor performance of my graphics. Now, playing redux, got fed up with loosing only ´cos of mere numbers, knowing that 20 Norse Bodyguards can slaughter about 500 never-mind-what when put into forest ;-))
    Specs of my "stone age machine":
    PIII/850 with slotket on Abit BH6 (BX-Chipset), Nvidia GeForce2 TI with 64MB RAM, 512MB System RAM, and two 40GB HDDs running Win98SE, Gameplay with 1280x1024 Strat/Battlemap res, smoke, fauna, pyro...
    AND I FOUND A WORKING SOLUTION FOR PLAYING M:TW ON SUCH A MACHINE, EVEN BATTLES WITH (till now max. tried) ABOUT 4500 MEN!! NO LAG!!!

In BIOS, set "AGP APERTURE SIZE" to smallest amount possible (in my case 4MB) or, if an option, disable.
    In game, "OPTIONS/PERFORMANCE" set "AGP MEMORY" to "0".

It seems to me, the rather slow system memory is the bottleneck for performance. Since I´ve done that, I can play my battles like on my newer machine(Core2Duo 2,66, 2GB RAM, ATI RadeonHD4650 1GB), but without the "usual" CTD....

So for all desperate about hardware incompatibility with newer machines this could be interesting.

greetings,

a happy daigaku

@ Axalon: Will install 1.1 to another partition to get those girls, girls, girls I so appreciated with the other install on the newer machine...and of course will keep reporting!

greetings daigaku
    Last edited by daigaku; 04-25-2012 at 11:29.

VictorGB Member Trapped in Samsara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon View Post
    Obviously XP is not the most optimal OS for MTW there was, it has long history of screwing things up - and that in numerous ways...
    Hi Axalon

What/which in your opinion is the most optimal OS for MTW?

Best regards
    Victor

Sapere aude
    Horace

VictorGB Member Trapped in Samsara's Avatar

Default Re: Redux: Debug-Area...

In BIOS, set "AGP APERTURE SIZE" to smallest amount possible (in my case 4MB) or, if an option, disable.
    In game, "OPTIONS/PERFORMANCE" set "AGP MEMORY" to "0".
    Hi Daigaku

I am very interested in this finding of yours and intend trying it out soon. Thanks.

In my current campaign I am unable to complete a battle (me 3K troops, AI 6K troops) which is critical to my empire's survival. Autocalc results in a heavy defeat to me. But I know that I can win this engagement with approximately 1K of casualties, and inflict 2 to 3K losses on the AI.

FYI, I installed 2 x1GB of PC3200 RAM (previously 2 x 512KB) yesterday evening just to see if this would solve the problem. It did not. The battle crashed (yet again) after about 1.25 hours, with Windows reporting, 'the graphics driver is corrupt... can only continue if using software rendering... for hardware rendering restart computer', or something like that.

I had thought about dropping the resolution to 640 x 480, on the reasoning that giving the GFX card less pixels to process might circumvent the issue. But I'll give your finding a go first.

Thanks again.

One other thing I was mulling over was renaming the 'deadpagecoords' text file, and replacing it with an empty 'dummy' file of the same name. I'm under the impression this would deny the game the means to display corpses during the battle. Again, I am assuming this would reduce the strain on the GfX card.

Axalon
    Thanks for letting us use this thread for this discussion.

Best regards
    Victor

Sapere aude
    Horace
    Last edited by Axalon; 04-26-2012 at 01:30. Reason: Changed title-header to kill confusion… - Axalon

Hi, Trapped in Samsara,

okay, with this amount of men I didn´t try yet, being untrained beyond some 200 men on my side;-)

about the "deadpagecoords", sorry, got no idea what exactly it´s doing. If you find out it works with this amount of men on the screen, please report!

btw, scaling down solution didn´t work for me as well, iirc. And won´t be fun to look at for hours of fighting, would it?

Of course I´ll have to try longer battles with more men to verify really that this thing works, but till now had no problems. Maybe, with more time/men using more RAM, my current way may lead to a crash, too,´cos of RAM lack.

Sure I´ll report further,

greetings daigaku
    Last edited by Axalon; 04-26-2012 at 01:31. Reason: Changed title-header to kill confusion… - Axalon

Hi guys....

..just experienced something strange: Had set (my old machine) the "AGP aperture size" down to 4MB, in the game put the "AGP memory" to 0 and had a battle (about 2000 men) - and didn´t get choppy!
    …I assume that you lowered your sound-settings (in options) to “medium” as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Trapped in Samsara
    What/which in your opinion is the most optimal OS for MTW?
    Windows 2000 (pro), no contest… Zero anomalies, very good performance, reliable in general and the best drivers in my experience. For RXB1003, W7 (64bit) can be very good as well. Only small-time anomalies and potentially extremely fast on the V.1.1-engine (if the hardware and drivers are right).

Quote Originally Posted by Trapped in Samsara View Post
    Thanks for letting us use this thread for this discussion.
    No problem, as long as it is also relevant for Redux and given general topic. However, as you may already know, I do enforce topicality. This in great contrast to many other places on these boards (personally, I never was a big fan of the lax attitude towards topicality that is usually rampant for the ORG - it just screw things up and it makes it harder to find actual relevant information because of it). Anyways, I’ll leave you guys to it…

- A
    -----------------
    Other then that "Samsy"/Victor, you should try RXB1003, it is not very MTW-"ish" but you might like it all the same. It certainly looks sexier, and I think it is more fun too. :)
    Last edited by Axalon; 04-26-2012 at 02:20. Reason: Purple Haze!

Hi, Axalon,

"…I assume that you lowered your sound-settings (in options) to “medium” as well?"

No theme for me, always play "mute", so this front never made any problem (sorry about the to-me-wasted work you had there).

Will download the 1003 now. If I understood well, there still will be no "girls, girls, girls" for VI ?

greetings daigaku

Greetings right back at you Daigaku,

No theme for me, always play "mute", so this front never made any problem (sorry about the to-me-wasted work you had there).
    Alright, open sound settings in options and set the quality to medium (or even low) anyways. Just do it and see what happens in battles. Humour me...

If I understood well, there still will be no "girls, girls, girls" for VI ?
    This is an already known bug in both Redux and the V.2.01-engine, Dai.... Always check the provided "ReadMe's" before asking here...

- A
    -----------------
    Other then that, have you seen what I wrote for you in post:77?

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon View Post
    Greetings right back at you Daigaku,

-----------------
    Other then that, have you seen what I wrote for you in post:77?
    Hi Axalon,

had to read quite a bit around in the realms of redux to fully understand what honour you gave to me, a mere newbie in this forum.

THANKS for being able to contribute a tiny bit to your tremendous work. I´m in "Bringschuld" now (no idea at all to translate).

am working with the "possible recruition" list of the Norse right now. Being sort of slow player I´m not sure if one campaign is enough to get the whole map "cartographed", but till Khazar conquered all the east now and wrote down everything. Heading for Iberia now (those Aragonese own 3/4 of Europe at the moment - no Germans, no french, no Italians) and have a look what be recruited there....

greetings from Markgräflerland, daigaku
    Last edited by daigaku; 04-27-2012 at 01:42.

Hi,

@ Axalon: kept some savegames, uninstalled, regcleaned, installed completely new, one 1.1 and one 2.01 . Installed corresponding REDUX 1003, started two new Norse games. Info sheet for "Hall of Kings" in both show "+5% Stability", but only in 2.01 shows as well "+1 morale" . Due to different engine or not implemented?

´cos already in 1002 didn´t find all the stuff that was in it have simply to say about 1003: COOOOOOOL!!! You keep me glued to the machine in every free minute, so expect more bits and pieces of resonance!

Thanks a lot, daigaku

Hello and thanks Dai,

...installed completely new, one 1.1 and one 2.01 . Installed corresponding REDUX 1003, started two new Norse games. Info sheet for "Hall of Kings" in both show "+5% Stability", but only in 2.01 shows as well "+1 morale" . Due to different engine or not implemented?
    It's due to different engine... That's what you get for working on two engines... Confusion - myself included. Anyway, let's try to keep things topical here (focusing on bugs, errors, tech-stuff and anomalies etc. in this thread) and so I'll comment on the other stuff you wrote in the regular thread instead. In an effort to keep things topical here. Essentially, better to do two posts at the right places then to further stray off the actual topic here. So...

--------------------------------

Anything else on RXB1003? Possible errors, bugs, tech-stuff etc. etc. Please report it and discuss that here folks...

- A

Hi,

@ Trapped in Samsara: How are your experiments going? Did you solve the above mentioned battle with the predicted results? Would be interested in info about wether worked or not!

fighting greetings, daigaku

Hi,

new problem: Have played 1003/1.1 to the begin of 840s without problem, now starts to freeze on campaign map after few turns. Corrupted save or anything else?

sad greetings daigaku

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast