Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Redux: Install Emergency!

Default Re: Redux: Install Emergency!

Updating the thread for RXB1004.... Now, if you get one of these messages....

Means that you have not been reading the provided instructions and are trying to run Redux without
    the VI-upgrade on a VI/v.2.01-game. To fix it, download a copy of the RXB1004 VI-upgrade ("module
    B") ASAP and install it on top (as in last) - and you will be playing Redux in no time...

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; 11-02-2013 at 07:10.

Updating the thread for RXB1005.... Now, if you get one of these messages....

Means that you have not been reading the provided instructions and are trying to run Redux
    without the VI-upgrade on a Gold/VI/v.2.01-game. To fix it, download a copy of the RXB1005
    VI-upgrade ("module B") ASAP and install it on top (as in last) - and you will be playing Redux
    in no time...

- A

Hello there,

I have searched through the forums for an answer to this, but bear with me if I overlooked it. New to these parts.

I have gone through the redux installation step by step, made sure the files were in the in the quickstart folder to confirm, etc. But when I go to start the game, either by shortcut or directly from the .exe, it will not load. Meaning I get the cursor indication that it is reading the file, but then it just stops. Never even leaves my desktop. I have tried restarting, and running as admin as well.

MTW version 1.1, Windows 7 64bit.

Sorry if I missed any needed info, and any help at all is appreciated. Thanks.

Hi MTM,

First, can you run the basic/raw game at all? If yes, then this (your problem) is an install-matter somehow - and we can (and probably will) solve it. If you can run the basic game, then you can run Redux - guaranteed. Its just a matter of time (and determination). If the answer is no, then it might be a matter of drivers (or possibly even hardwere) - until these change you will get nowhere fast. Redux might be magic, but can only go so far on new hardwere... That is the short version of things. So...

Can you run the basic/raw MTW at all? Y/N?

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; 06-22-2016 at 10:14.

Yes, with some effort I can get in to run, but not functionally. I can get the program to open, but it crashes as soon as it tries to load a new game to the strategic map.

Alright, so the answer is basically no... As you can only start raw MTW but you can't actually run/play it.

OK, it does not sound overly hopeful but I will tell you this much - if Redux is properly installed, you should be able to - at a minimum - get it to work as far as the raw game at least. As I understand it, this not the case, thus far. So that certainly suggests that you have not successfully installed Redux (due to some, for me, unknown cause). Now, Redux have many times shown a tendency to work well beyond the raw game on newer hardware, so there is still a chance that things will work out all the same. Regardless, I suggest you do the following....

• Re-install raw MTW, somewhere. Wherever you want it... Make sure you know the location exactly...
    • Patch it, up to V1.1 - exactly according to the given instructions in the patch. No deviations or shortcuts from that! Otherwise the game won't be properly patched and as a result it won't work with Redux (or much else).
    • Make a copy of that entire patched installation/game, somewhere, as a backup/reference... Again, make sure you know the location of that exactly...
    • Install Redux - exactly as instructed in the release notes (fools install-guide etc etc), on the non-backup-copy you created. And now make extra sure you get every step of the installation right, AND that you only use the right files as you install Redux. ONLY V1.1-files... Obviously all previous files of the target copy needs to overwritten, all over - so confirm, "replace all". All information, explanations and instructions should be provided in the release notes - the "readme1005.txt"-file. Its a simple copy and paste operation 100%, the trick is to paste the RX-files in the right place/folder...
    • If you want to retrace your steps... Make another copy of the reference/backup-copy and try it all over again, on that copy...
    • Obviously, it is critical that you do start the game, using the right EXE for that game...

The priority, at this stage, is to make absolutely sure that you do have installed Redux properly, AND to verify for sure that you indeed have. This can be done in several ways... For instance... You being able to get (at least) as far as the raw game. If you can see the blue and new front-end... If possible, fight some quick-battle... If there are no anomalies or strange stuff, and most troops are also different somehow - then you have probably installed Redux correctly (and in full compliance with the provided recommendations in the release-notes. As in deleting the old scenarios for all such battles). If the troops have not changed, then you have failed somehow to install Redux properly... etc etc.

Again, due to you previously provided information, it seems you have yet to install Redux correctly. Because, that is the symptoms you are describing to me here. Getting it right is the first step to anywhere, basically. Try to do all the stuff I have suggested above, and make it a special point to get all things 100% right and according to instructions. Then, report back here again with your findings and further useful info that can help me figure this out. Once you do, we can see where to go from there. If you are lucky, all things might still work out.

- A
    -----------------
    Obviously, you are welcome to post up any related questions, if the provided
    release-notes somehow fails to answer things satisfactory.
    Last edited by Axalon; 06-23-2016 at 16:56.

Updating the thread for RXB1006.... Now, if you get one of these messages....

Means that you have not been reading the provided instructions and are trying to run Redux without the
    VI-upgrade on a VI/v.2.01/Gold/Steam-game. To fix it, download a copy of the RXB1006 VI-upgrade
    ("module B") ASAP and install it on top (as in last) - and you will be playing Redux in no time...

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; 02-26-2017 at 20:30. Reason: errata...

Updating the thread for RXB1007.... Now, if you get one of these messages....

It means that you have not been reading the provided instructions, and that you are trying to run ("module A"/V.1.1 )
    Redux without the VI-upgrade upon a VI/v.2.01/Gold/Steam-game. To fix it, apply/install the VI-upgrade ("module B")
    for 1007 ASAP and install it on top (as in last) - and you will be playing Redux in no time....

• The VI-upgrade is found as a separate folder in the RXB1007-package - named "Redux - VI-UPGRADE".

- A

Hello

I have problem to start the game.
    I have installed MTW 1 and then copied Redux files to MTW folder. When I am starting the campaign i can't see any period to choose, everything is ok but no campaign to select.
    Can you help me to solve this problem?

Hello Argden, as I stated elsewhere...

My guess is that the install probably got screwed up somehow - probably that you placed redux-files in the wrong folder somewhere somehow - its a common mistake, made by many. However, I am (currently) provided too little information here to actually tell for sure what exactly was screwed up in the install process. Once I have enough (and exact) information given here - I probably could help you. The fact that you can't see any "periods" like "RX-classic" and so forth is a receipt that everything is not OK with the install.

My advice... Re-install everything and now make 100% sure you copy-paste-replace all the old files with the new ones (provided) - this at the right folder/place - as in the folder where the Medieval_TW.EXE is located. AND, if you are using any V.2.01/steam somehow, then you ALSO must install the provided VI/V.2.01-upgrade (which you install last BTW).

In short.... Re-read all the provided instructions and then make sure you follow them to the letter, make certain that you know (or find out) exactly in which folder MTW1 is installed. If you do - there should be zero problems, and you will then (most likely) be playing Redux in no time.

- A

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon View Post
    Updating the thread for RXB1004.... Now, if you get one of these messages....

Means that you have not been reading the provided instructions and are trying to run Redux without
    the VI-upgrade on a VI/v.2.01-game. To fix it, download a copy of the RXB1004 VI-upgrade ("module
    B") ASAP and install it on top (as in last) - and you will be playing Redux in no time...

- A
    I am getting this message while i have copied all files from Vi upgrade...

I ude W10 and steam

I go to steamapps

I change the name of the folder by pasting the name given

I paste all files from Redux - Total War first, then Redix - Binus Material and last Redux VI upgrade, all in the same folder i renamed. I try to run the MTV.exe i find in there (the only exe) and i get this message

HELP please

Quote Originally Posted by lilipouas View Post
    I am getting this message while i have copied all files from Vi upgrade...

I ude W10 and steam

I go to steamapps

I change the name of the folder by pasting the name given

I paste all files from Redux - Total War first, then Redix - Binus Material and last Redux VI upgrade, all in the same folder i renamed. I try to run the MTV.exe i find in there (the only exe) and i get this message

HELP please
    I did found out my mistake, and I put it here to help others... The folder Redux VI - upgrade has two folders inside, one is named Redux total war and the other redux VI bonus materials... They have to open and copy - paste thier files to the install - copy folder, not just copied as folders...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12