Thread: My Artwork

This place called Mars... do you know of it?

Default My Artwork

In response Gleemonex's I shall post of few of my drawings I did in art class last semester. Mind you, these are all done with my cell phone camera. If I ever find time this semester, I hope to get around to taking pics of my drawings with my camera
    Keyword "hopefully"

This set is of a French Soccer player (forgot who), it was a magazine cut-out and it was really small. This was a hatching drawing using dots and slashes...

The final product. One of my most favorite drawings I have ever done:

Here is a charcoal drawing of a mannequin:

A Glass of water. This actually turned out much better than I anticipated lol:

And a few drawings I did in math class while I was bored beyond my lifetime haha:

Hope you like
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."

All us men suffer in equal parts, it's our lot in life, and no man goes without a broken heart or a lost love. Like holding your dog as he takes his last breath and dies in your arms, it's a rite of passage. Unavoidable. And honestly, I can't imagine life without that depth of feeling.-Bierut

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Default Re: My Artwork

Interesting stuff Decker! I really like the detail in the first few.

As far as my own artwork, they consist of stick figure comics written on my lab papers so I'll keep those to myself.

Keep up the artwork postings!

Nice, thanks Decker! I especially like your cross-hatching work. That must have taken forever. And at first glance, it looked like there was a real glass of water on your drawing pad. You took that photo at a very good angle. And that last dude with the massive pteruges -- who's HE trying to impress?

The only stuff I have on my current computer is Level Omicron EB Classified, but now that I'm faster with my new tablet I'll be doing some generic studies and sketches.

-Glee
    Sheer musical genius: Gould on Mozart

Balloons: ("Welcome to EB" from T.A.)

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

That glass of water is awesome!
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Gleemonex View Post
    Nice, thanks Decker! I especially like your cross-hatching work. That must have taken forever. And at first glance, it looked like there was a real glass of water on your drawing pad. You took that photo at a very good angle. And that last dude with the massive pteruges -- who's HE trying to impress?
    Thanks! Yeah, that cross-hatching wasn't finished until finals haha...gaaawd that took way tooooo long lol. Almost toooo long. But the end result was worth it.

And yeah. I showed a picture of it to my friends and they thought I was weird in taking a picture of a glass of water lol

Oh... well he's trying to cover up Can get "cold" sometimes haha....

The only stuff I have on my current computer is Level Omicron EB Classified, but now that I'm faster with my new tablet I'll be doing some generic studies and sketches.
    Can't wait to see them

-Glee
    Decker
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."

All us men suffer in equal parts, it's our lot in life, and no man goes without a broken heart or a lost love. Like holding your dog as he takes his last breath and dies in your arms, it's a rite of passage. Unavoidable. And honestly, I can't imagine life without that depth of feeling.-Bierut

Quote Originally Posted by Rythmic View Post
    That glass of water is awesome!
    Haha thanks. Glad you liked it

Well, much like your gorgeous water glass, I felt like doing a lighting study. Fire, in my case. Also, I recently discovered the in-progress Conan mod for M2TW. So I whipped this up. I call it "Enough talk!":

-Glee

Well, much like your gorgeous water glass, I felt like doing a lighting study. Fire, in my case. Also, I recently discovered the in-progress Conan mod for M2TW. So I whipped this up. I call it "Enough talk!":

-Glee
    Haha that's awesome! I like the duck looking thing on the guys head

Quote Originally Posted by Decker View Post
    Haha that's awesome! I like the duck looking thing on the guys head
    Thanks! And it's a Phrygian cap, actually.

-Glee

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

-Glee
    He's about to get his butt kicked.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Still haven't gotten around to taking better pictures of my artwork... I did these last month in anthropology when I was bored...

Caveman (joke pic):

Rough Draft:

Final Draft:

Early Domestication of Animals:

Hadn't posted anything in this thread for a quite sometime... I just finished a work in ms paint so I figured I'd share it here Enjoy (though they may be kinda crappy it's still fun to draw nonetheless)

Here is another I'm doing right now. I'm thinking of turning this into a evil scientist type character (in a cartoony way). But it's still a work in progress

This drawing was inspired by a thread in the UDK forum about a stick-figure game. That large building in the background has totally stumped me on what to do so I might get rid of it and implement something else...

Last edited by Decker; 05-04-2010 at 22:06.

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

My attempt at positive critique:
    Obvious you're quite good at drawing. That glass of water is simply amazing. But you just aren't trying with your doodles and cartoon drawing.
    I suggest selecting a few of you're favorite cartoons and comics and trying to imitate the different styles. Afterwards you can go looking for something that's more your personal style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

Thanks. And yeah I am just trying to kill time and goofing around until summer when I can get my hands on a more advanced art program like GIMP, as I only have ms paint as a program. I'm quite rusty at them moment heh. I'll take your advice and look up my cartoons and comics (or anime and manga in my case) and imitate them

Don't forget how important studying from real life is. It's invaluable. But nonetheless, keep up the good work : )

Oh don't worry I know all about that