Thread: Musketeers vs. Moral

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Senior Member BlackWatch McKenna's Avatar

After my musket units get run over, and i have like 7 guys in each unit, is it best to consolidate fire on one target or to just let them go about their business and fire at separate targets?

I mean, does one unit of 7 guys have more of an effect on Moral than 2 units of 7 guys?

Now, I know 14 guys can do more KILLS than 7 guys, but ....
    ...do 14 guys have more of an impact on moral than 7 guys?
    // Black

// "Did we win?"

Sideswipe feature king Member shingenmitch2's Avatar

my guess, and that is only what it is, is that the morale hit caused by 7 musketeers is almost nothing. If it is modeled like everything else in the game then it goes down w/ losses of men. Ex: if 60 man Musk unit delivers a morale hit of 'X' than a 7 man Musk unit would deliver a hit of only 12% of X = which is probably close to worthless.

2 units totalling 14 men has to be better than 1 unit at 7. However, 2 at 14 men vs. 1 at 14--I don't know. Probably fairly equivalent.
    Retreat? Hell, we're just attacking in a different direction...

THE DEADLY SHINGEN

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Their impact (gunnies) is based on volume of fire. What can 7 lone gunmen really do? Barring being Japanese Skeet Shootin' Champs, their net effect on the enemy would be NIL. Heck, I doubt such a small group would ever register a single kill -- and they'd be pumping lead for hours!!

I'd say, rally the bastids and put them into wedgies and flank with them... or if you are 'concerned about the wellbeing of your men' just have them take a position and open fire... at least they are noisy and will attract undue attention by your enemy if they are a sap...

But, if you want the enemy to flee in horror, rally the bastids and then have them fire their volleys onto EACH OTHER! The enemy taisho will see what awaits POWs that fall to you and run like a whipped dog seeking Buddha's compassion!

[This message has been edited by Vanya (edited 05-21-2001).]
    [Sips sake, eats popcorn]

Vanya:
    LMAO...That is a good one "rally the bastids and then have them fire their volleys onto EACH OTHER!"

Would that make your other remaining units fight harder to prevent same fate? (Although I have wished I could "encourage" some units at times)
    The only thing you have to regret are the chances not taken.
    Expect the unexpected and take in air.

no but it would most likely make the enemy taisho die laughing, so you would get the win anyway...

Blog Entries

hmmm,

i think that a gun always lower the moral,
    with 50 or with 7 men/strong.

and if u shoot with more units they can run away,...guys plz dont forget, how tyred the
    shooted units is...

koc

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Morals have no place on the battlefield!

Thou shalt not feel pity for thine enemy!
    Thou shalt cut thy enemy into little pieces!

So, if a unit has a high moral rating, it is necessary to reduce it in order that their values do not interfere in their business of killing. Firing onto each other reduces their moral rating, thus reducing the mental state of your men to one more suitable to their task at hand: mindless slaughter.

"Killing is your business. Business is good."

Heck -- makes sense even to a newbie like myself!

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]