Thread: Archived campaign: Spain (defensive)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Archived campaign: Spain (defensive)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT: Conquest for Spain (original thread title)

Due to the effects and aftermath of the Spanish bug this thread (and all the efforts put into it)
    was eventually and regretably abandoned. Sad but true.
    - Axalon
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the spanish faction seems to be so hard to play, I deside to drop my russian conquest and start a new one as Spain on the Expert level.

In this topic I want to share the spanish conquest of the World under the 700 year rule of William the Silent. This can lead to eternal Redux Glory (or Shame ), since Axalon made the Moors seemingly invincible.
    I wil show how to submit them to spanish superiority with the use of all the little available economic resources and poor militairy resources, but superior militairy/economic skill, intrige and diplomacy of me: William the Silent Conqueror.

In the coming days, or weeks, or months, or years I will show my progress in this topic . (I can always cheat by going back in time ).

700 AD.
    Here the story begins:
    My first king, Alfonso I, has the task to start me off and built a good economy, with good militairy resources. The main focus is going to be on how to defeat the greatest threat of all: the Moor invasion of Spain.

Cordoba will have to be taken in the future. We don't want to upset the Moors right from the beginning. So we make alliance.

730 AD.
    First conquest:
    So we will first try to take "gimmy" Navarra. For that we have to built enough troops to hold it after takeover. That happens in this year.

The first 40 years is nothing but building. Up to spearmaker valour 1 and armourer armour 3. We need these Royal Spearman.

740 AD.
    This is where we are at the moment:
    - Alliance with everybody including Moors.
    - Spies in every province for stability.
    - Equal force (in units, not numbers) facing up against Moors in Castille (the Moors will not attack with equal force and probably first attack weaker Aragon).
    - Possesion of Leon, Castille and Navarra.
    - Profits about 1000 Florins a year.
    - Ready to recruit first Royal Spearman, with armour 3 (soon) and valour 1 (with 7/8 of these dudes I will be defensivly almost unbeatable).
    - 3 star general (king).

On bottem of picture you see buildup of a Moor stack and my stacks + recruiting bin.

Plans for the future:
    - Get 8 Royal Spearman.
    - Make everything armour 3.
    - Upgrade to valour 2.
    - Built superior navy around the peninsula.
    - Built army to take Portugal.
    - Do not make war with anybody else.
    - Look for princesses to marry to my king's sons (then they will already have children once they become king).

There is some exellent beauty out there. But beware of the ones with an attitude. And the dads !!!!!.

Btw. Axalon you better change your basic topics (the 4 towers + keep of Redux Castle) into "stickies", otherwise they might move down, or disappear. Hehe.
    Last edited by Axalon; 01-10-2009 at 03:57. Reason: changed title - Axalon