Thread: Remove Trait Help

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Default Remove Trait Help

I know that there has been tons of threads about giving traits, and I now understand that in order to give a trait to a Romani general I need to type in: give_trait "Firstname Romanvs" "Trait" "level". If this doesn't work, then one needs to try "FirstnameA Romanvs" to "FirstnameZ Romanvs". This time, though, I am trying to remove two inaccurate traits that have been plaguing my best generals.

First of all, sometime ago I discovered that Auguries buildings count as taverns (internally) and that is why my generals keep getting "Occasional Drinker" and "Likes a Drink" traits. By the time I found this out, pretty much every one of my 20 best generals/FMs (5 command, 10 influence and 7-10 management) had the "Likes a Drink" or "Drunkard" trait. Although I promptly tore down all of the Augury buildings in settlements with governors, just about very single one of my generals got the "Drunkard" trait. So now I would like to remove that trait, as unlike other negative traits, this one has been unfairly acquired by my generals. Augury buildings should not cause drunkenness.

Secondly, some of my generals with “Frugal”, “Austere”, and “Miserly” traits (all of which I consider extremely desirable) have gotten the “Open Handed” trait, which should be the antitrait of “Miserly” and “Frugal”, as those types of people would hate to give out money, even if that increases their popularity/influence. I would like to remove this trait as well via console.

So, my question is, how would I go about removing them? I would really like to remove the "Drunkard" trait and usually what I would do is: give_trait "Firstname Romanvs" "Drink" -1. There is a space between "Drink" and -1 BTW. However, this doesn't work. I have tried doing A-Z and it nevertheless fails to do the trick. Does anyone else know how to correctly remove traits?

A to anyone who comes up with a solution that works!

Keeper of the Pax Romanum Member TruePraetorian's Avatar

Default Re: Remove Trait Help

I don't know about that -1. Try 'give_trait "firstname Romanvs" "Drink" 0'. This effectively removes the trait.

As for names, they are almost impossible to get if its not "firstname Romanvs" for the romans.
    The Gods envy us.

They envy us because we are mortal, because any moment might be our last.
    Everything is more beautiful because we are doomed.
    You will never be lovlier than you are now.

We will never be here again.

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Quote Originally Posted by TruePraetorian View Post
    I don't know about that -1. Try 'give_trait "firstname Romanvs" "Drink" 0'. This effectively removes the trait..
    Are you sure? Have you tried it before? Because I remember reading on couple of other threads that it had to be -1, although that does not make very sense. 0 goes without quotation marks, right?

Both -1 and 0 work according to different peoples accounts. If one of them don't work, its not that much of a hassle to press the up key and re type the number.

how do i remove the "lover of beauty" trait. Its really annoying to lose my hard earned command stars. Can someone post an example please?

give_trait "name here" "trait here" -1

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

To get rid of the lover of beauty line of traits use:

give_trait "Firstname Lastname" Aesthetic -1

Repeat it or use -2 if he has the second level, ect. I have to admit, I've used that cheat before.

thanks marcus

I cant get rid of tight-fisted. Some things i try, are not in the database. Some things, like using the word generous, romshell doesnt tell me its not in database. But nothing changes
    Last edited by Caveman; 01-02-2019 at 01:41.