Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Amazon: Total War

Default Re: Amazon: Total War

Thank you Zuken.

Version 2.3b for Barbarian Invasion is now available, both in full version and a patch from 2.3. It has a number of small balancing fixes, including:

# Reduced the number of units in the starting Gorgon Horde.
    # Slight increase to starting armies of North African factions.
    # Reduced population bonuses given to AI cities at the beginning of the campaign.
    # Increased stats of Numidian Cavalry.
    There are never enough hours in the days of a Queen, and her nights have too many...

ATW Version 2.5 is now out!

I am still working on ATW, although mostly I have been doing a Gorgon AAR here. Playing the Gorgons has been fun, and has helped me find many bugs that I have fixed. All little things like sprites not appearing correctly, the wrong banner appearing on empty Macedonian cities, the wrong faction name given in the pop-up text over Gorgon cities, etc...

I also went and created new Captain models for most factions on the Strat Map:

I also decided to not make New Amazonia a rebel faction shadowing Amazonia. With that in mind I am making some changes to their unit roster so they will be more distinctive from Amazonia. I will be removing all their hoplites and replacing them with a Warband for an entry-level unit, and a yet to be created Spearwoman unit for their second tier. Finally I will be giving them an entry-level horse archer, which I have nearly completed.

I plan to use this model/skin as a basis for a few more Celtic units, such as a Javelin-Cavalry unit for Gaul, and to replace the archers in the Light Chariots of the Britons.
    Last edited by SubRosa; 02-06-2009 at 03:10.
    There are never enough hours in the days of a Queen, and her nights have too many...

Rampant psychopath Member Olaf Blackeyes's Avatar

Sounds good.
    Too bad simply CANNOT get this too work on my comp.
    But keep up teh good werks

My own personal SLAVE BAND (insert super evil laugh here)
    My balloons:
    My AAR The Story of Souls: A Sweboz AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=109013

Quote Originally Posted by Dayve View Post
    You're fighting against the AI... how do you NOT win?

this mod keeps crashing when I play as the Amazons and rtw is loading for the second battle since I started (i.e. load a game, fight a battle, attempt to fight another, crash before it gets to the battle). Seems to work when I try the Sarmatians, havent tried the other two new factions. Seems like an interesting mod though!

If it is CTD'ing while a battle is loading then you need to install it to a clean copy of RTW (and start a new campaign). I do not know why, but this fixes that issue.

yeah did that. Just got the urge to try RTW again so installed and patched it and then started playing with your mod. New Amazons works also so I might just play as them instead and not worry about it.

I uninstalled and reinstalled rtw, applied patches, put the amazon mod where its supposed to go and it still crashes on the second battle after a load or new game. New Amazonia has started to crash also so I cant get away with just playing them. I wonder if I'm supposed to do something different if running Vista.... I'm tempted to install rtw on my older pc running XP to see if it works.

It is possible that it is something to do with Vista. Olaf is also having problems and has Vista. But I know other people who can play ATW fine on Vista. So I am really not sure.

Here is that Spearwoman unit I mentioned for New Amazonia. Thanks to Private Clark for the figure 8 shield, which is exactly what I was wanting for them. I am thinking of emblazoning it with something. Maybe a triqueta, or some form of magical beastie. I am not sure yet.

I am also fairly sure that I will replace New Amazonia's Agema Axewomen with a Berserker unit as well. An idea I got when I was working on unit cards from Andalus' AUP. I like the idea of putting one of those bearskins on an Amazon unit. Or maybe even just one of the Roman Velite's wolfskins. I could call them the Sows of Ares... (hmm, on second thought, maybe not).

Now THAT is 1337
    +1 interwebs for u

Ok and also (get picture of naked Amazon berserks running around being insane)

The Sows of Ares LULZ!

My balloons:

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf
    Ok and also (get picture of naked Amazon berserks running around being insane)
    I actually like that idea. I think a barbarian Naked Fanatic unit in general would be good, maybe with enough clothing to be PG rated, and all covered in tattoos/woad. Sadly I am not an artist, so creating a skin that would work is beyond me.
    Last edited by SubRosa; 02-11-2009 at 03:02.

AWWW man! PG?

My balloons:

The Scourge of Rome Member Spartan198's Avatar

PG? PG?! This is blasphemy! This is MADNESS!
    My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.

Sorry guys, this is Amazon Total War, not Playboy Total War.
    Last edited by SubRosa; 02-12-2009 at 23:17.

I have been working on a dragon to put on that New Amazonian Spearwoman, and here is what I have come up with.

Option 1

Option 2

Which looks better? I am leaning toward the second one as it is simpler and thusly easier to make out. Once I decided which to go with I will put a black outline around the dragon to make it stand out a bit better.

I have also decided that I want the Spearwomen to be a 3rd tier unit, one that New Amazon can use as the backbone of its infantry throughout the middle and late game, much as Amazonia's Armoured Hoplites do. With that in mind I am going to give them a javelin to throw before engaging in melee, and might change their leggings to a metal greave.

This also means I will need a new infantry unit at 2nd tier. I am thinking of perhaps a Militia Axewoman, with a shield, axe, and little or no armour.
    Last edited by SubRosa; 02-13-2009 at 03:01.

The first one is MOAR epic!

My balloons:

I think the 1st one is better aswell, but i would tone down the yellow, it clashes with the background colours

Principate Total War

< from Emperor of Graal for PTW

I am really not sure what color to use. I need something that will work against both the white and blue background is the problem. So I was thinking red, yellow, orange, or perhaps green.
    Last edited by SubRosa; 02-14-2009 at 01:22.

I think red will look good :)

Principate Total War

< from Emperor of Graal for PTW

I also say the first one.;)

I finished the Militia Axewomen.

Given that they are using the small crescent shield, I went and gave the 3rd tier Axewomen the fancier crescent shield.

Now however, I am at the EDU and DMB limits, so I will have to free up some slots in both before I can go any further.
    Last edited by SubRosa; 02-16-2009 at 03:08.

Both are very nice;)

Thank you Legio.

I spent the last day condensing the EDU and DMB. A most onerous task, especially when you consider I have to do it twice, once for the BI version and a second time for the RTW version of the mod. After this next release I am no longer going to support the RTW version. It is just too hard to update two versions of the same mod.

Back to that Spearwoman. I added a pila for a precursor weapon. I think this may make them the only spear unit in RTW that throws a javelin. The BI version of the unit has the shield wall ability, and can throw the pila just fine while in the wall. The RTW version has the phalanx ability, and I found cannot throw the pila when in phalanx formation. Interesting.

I also did some minor tweaks to the skin, making her shoulderpads made out of mail, and adding a greave to her leg. Finally, I outlined the dragon symbols in black, and now they look much better. I am still not sure which to go with, but now I am leaning more to to Option 1.

Option 1

Option 2
    Last edited by SubRosa; 02-15-2009 at 05:20.

Pick one is 1337!
    Go with it.

My balloons:

The first unit (the more intricate dragon) with the metal greave looks better as a later-game unit.

I like Option 1 the best as well. It seems to be unanimous across several forums. However, the problem is that when you zoom out to even a small extent the dragon just becomes a yellow blob. Even on the large unit card.

The problem is that with it being not only a rectangular shield, but a figure 8, I have to fit the image in that very narrow stretch of territory across the center of the shield. If I am going to center the image that is. I could put mirrored dragons at the top and bottom of the shield, but I do not think that would look good.

So I think I will go back to square one and look for more images to use. What I really need is something that is tall but narrow, to fit the shield. Unfortunately dragons in those dimensions are typically Asian, and I want a Western dragon to reflect a Germanic/Slavic influence.

I have my final version of the Spearwoman shield. The answer was obvious. I took the wings off the more popular version and was thusly able to enlarge it to cover nearly all of the shield.

The Daughters of the Wyrm.

Quote Originally Posted by SubRosa View Post
    I have my final version of the Spearwoman shield. The answer was obvious. I took the wings off the more popular version and was thusly able to enlarge it to cover nearly all of the shield.

The Daughters of the Wyrm.
    The winged version would look great on a round shield - provided the skin shows the whole shield and not just half or one-quarter to prevent mirroring or flipping.

(****s pants)
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!
    (****s pants again)

My balloons:

Very nice units, SubRosa.;)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast