Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Amazon: Total War

Default Re: Amazon: Total War

Thanks guys.

Nothing too special about the next two. They are the bottom rung of the New Amazonian roster. A Warband and Skirmisher. The only male units they possess.

Warband

Skirmisher

Now to get to work on Amazon Berserkers. This will not be easy...
    There are never enough hours in the days of a Queen, and her nights have too many...

ATW Version 2.5 is now out!

Rampant psychopath Member Olaf Blackeyes's Avatar

Nice work.
    And i cannot wait to see the Amazon berserkers (even if they aint Playboy style)

My own personal SLAVE BAND (insert super evil laugh here)
    My balloons:
    My AAR The Story of Souls: A Sweboz AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=109013

Quote Originally Posted by Dayve View Post
    You're fighting against the AI... how do you NOT win?

Askthepizzaguy Fan! Member Emperor of Graal's Avatar

Playboy? *Tuts* that's rude.
    Anyway I have encountered a problem, I downloaded the mod and I can't get it to work.
    Maybe I downloaded the wrong thing?

What is not working? The readme file has step-by-step instructions of how to install it, and create a new shortcut to start it with.
    There are never enough hours in the days of a Queen, and her nights have too many...

Love the way that the Amazons make men their bitches. Not only are they the least powerful units they possess but the male diplomats and assassins have to have female names :L

Principate Total War

< from Emperor of Graal for PTW

Well, you can thank the CA for the part about the names...

Here is an early version of the Amazon Beserkers.

I am having a problem getting the bearskin to stick to all of the bones it needs to. I applied a skin modifier and weighted the vertices according to Step 8 here, but with no luck. I will also probably work some more on the skin and mask. But this gives an idea of how they will look.

AWESOME

My balloons:

Corrupter of Souls Member John_Longarrow's Avatar
    Be it ever so humble, there's no place like the Abyss...

SubRosa,

I've been playing with the Amazon mod and I believe you have done a fantastic job! Very enjoyable, and the factions don't seem to be overly powerful. If CA doesn't ask you to help out with one of their projects, they are really going to be missing out!

Those Amazon Berzerkers are amazing. I hope the have the 'scares enemies' attribute due to those impressive masks

Principate Total War

Thanks guys,

I am thinking of using a different weapon than the double-headed axe, as that is the weapon of the Agema Axes as well. I am not sure what else I might use though. A two-handed sword does not feel right. Or a falx. I know I do not want that spiked club the German Berserkers have.

One thought I had was to use a single-bladed two-handed axe (the kind the German Chosen Axemen have) in each hand. But that idea seems to go to the ridiculous. Two of the normal single-handed axes might work. But I want something big and ominous.

A mace perhaps? or mabey a boar spear

Principate Total War

Do the giant spear

My balloons:

A spear just does not seem big and ominous enough. Now that big spiked mace that Sauron had in the battle of the Last Alliance between Elves and Men would be good. But I do not have one of those. I am going to try two falxes or two rhomphaias and see how that looks.

Weapon aside, the berserkers are coming along. I have not had any luck with the raven mask, so it looks like the one they have now will stay. However, I did finally get the vertices of the bearskin weighted properly, so now it sticks to all the right parts of her. Almost done.

Looking good so far, hope you get a great weapon for this awesome unit. What about a scythe?

Principate Total War

I never thought of a scythe. You would not happen to have model and texture file of one would you? I could try the sickles that the Druids use and see how that looks as well. I still have some touch ups to do to the skin first though.

I know someone made an angel of death model over at TWC- I 'll look for the link, for it has a scythe!

That is ok Legion, I found just the thing for the Berserkers.

That should about do it for them.

My balloons:

The Scourge of Rome Member Spartan198's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SubRosa View Post
    Sorry guys, this is Amazon Total War, not Playboy Total War.
    Awww...
    Quote Originally Posted by SubRosa View Post
    That is ok Legion, I found just the thing for the Berserkers.

That should about do it for them.
    How about a morning star instead? You know, "ball and chain"?

No, just kidding. I like what I'm seeing.
    My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198
    Awww...
    The Berserkers are the nearest you are going to get. They are Maxim Total War at least.

Here are updated Warband and Skirmisher textures.

They look great!

After taking a break from ATW to work on unit cards for the Additional Units Pack by Andalus, I am back to work. I made all of the New Amazonian skins a darker blue, and did some touch-ups on some of the units. I have a few more to go and they will be completely finished.

I am also thinking to changing the name of New Amazonia to something else. I was never thrilled with it, and I would like something that helps distinguish them from Amazonia. Given that geographically they are in the middle of barbarian territory, and that I have given their units a strong barbarian influence, I think their faction name ought to have a similar barbaric flair. So far I have come up with the following:

The Disir - (essentially lesser female deities in Scandinavian myth. Freja was called Vanadis, meaning the Dis of the Vanir.)
    The Asyniur or Asynior - (again, the term used for a female goddess, specifically one of the Aesir. Asynia being the singular term).
    The Valkyrja - ("The Choosers of the Slain". Valkyries).

The rationale behind these names is that this is what the barbarians would have called the Amazons, and the impact that they left upon the barbarian psyche would have caused the name to enter remain in the form of myth long after the Amazons themselves had been gone and forgotten. Much like the Gorgons with Greek mythology.

What sounds best?

In other news, I have several non-Amazon units I am working on. The first is a unit I discovered there was a distinct need of in my recent Gorgon campaign. Nubian Spearmen Mercenaries. These guys will provide a much needed source of heavy infantry in the east half of Africa and the Sinai. Since I found that the regular version's stats were woefully poor, I buffed them up a bit as well.

I have also added a few more names, and will hopefully have more coming. Finally, I have received permission from Signifer One to use his animation pack, so expect to see hoplites and a few other spear units using their weapons over-arm in the future.

Asniur sounds 1337

My balloons:

The Asyniur is one of the front-runners for the new name.

I know it is a little early to be thinking about a sequel, but a little bird whispered something in my ear yesterday. Why not make an ATW 2 that was set in Barbarian Invasion? I could even call it Amazon Invasion. The idea is very appealing.

There are several factions that no one would miss which could be used for new Amazon factions, such as the Roxolani and Lombards (both of which are just carbon-copies of other factions). I could easily fit New Amazonia (or perhaps the Valkyrja / Asyniur if that is what they turn out to be called) in the Russian forests where they are in ATW 1. They might even replace the Slavs as an emergent horde originating from that area. Amazonia might be found in the Armenian mountains between the ERE and Sassanids, which would make playing them interesting. The Gorgons could replace the Berbers, which I think would make Africa a lot more interesting than the backwater it normally is in BI.

That is of course if I wanted to keep the original 3 Amazon factions around. I would probably not want to do that. Creating at least one new Amazon faction would be ideal, and having at least one or two of the old ones be extinct.

This is still a long way off, if I decide to do it. But it is something I am going to keep in mind. One stumbling block (for me at least), is that I would need the services of a good modeller/skinner or two, as this would require all new Amazon units, and creating 100% new ones is beyond me.

###### of the Gladiators Member neo_deus's Avatar

As for the new name for New Amazonia, maybe you could use a german influence corruption of "Amazon". With a few research I bet you could find something..

The new units look great, I especially like the Nubian Spearmen Mercenaries, since I am planning of making a similar unit for Spartacus.

Keep up the good work :)

My latest unit is a female barbarian archer. I created them to get some more female units in the barbarian rosters. Originally I was only going to make them for Gaul and the Britons, but I changed my mind and decided to replace all of the entry level barbarian archers with them. So the Gauls, Germania, Dacia, Scythia, and Rebels will have them, as well as the Britons (as a replacement for their Light Chariot crew)

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Well... this is an odd mod...

Welp, it looks like quite a lot of work has been done on it, and I applaud you. I would try it out, but I forgot to make a backup in my haste to play a different mod. :P

The new units look great, and not in that way, and you have certainly made a unique mod.

Good job :D
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

WHY isnt this hosted?

My balloons:

Askthepizzaguy Fan! Member Emperor of Graal's Avatar

Because SubRosa hasn't requested it to be?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast