Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Join Beyond the Seven Hills!

Default Join Beyond the Seven Hills!

JOIN UP!!!
    In a time when an Empire defined a people, it was the Romani who stood out above all. It was the Romani who civilized the Guals, the Germanic beasts, and constructed Hadrians Wall to keep the Britannian tribes at bay. It was the Emperors and the legions of Roma who destroyed the myths of Carthaginian military might. The Romani...who marched to all four corners of the Mediterranean to secure an Empire that would mark their place in history for Eras to come.

Beyond the Seven Hills

In the year 272, Rome's might was yet to be seen ,however, it is made of the small settlements expanded from the 7 hills called home by the legendary figure and founder of Rome, Romulus. Just over the mountains to the north, warring Gaulic tribes wait for their chance to strike. To the south and across the Adriatic, the Carthaginians and the Epirote Greeks prey on the small Republic. And all across the known world...enemies may lurk.

So I bring you a new RPG game in RTW:EB. This will be much like LotR or WotB Each player will role-play a General, a Senator, or another prominent member of the young Roman Republic. On joining the game, each player will choose an avatar to represent this member. Avatars can be 'family members(FM)' or recruitable generals(RGB).Players are reminded that due to limitations imposed by RTW, only avatars on the family tree will be able to marry, have children, and have a chance of becoming Heir to the Dictatorship and Dictator of Rome.

This is not a finalized thing as I am still talking things out with the Mods, but I'd like to know who may be interested or hear any suggestions. THANKS!

Rules are as follow:
    RTW with the 1.5 patch
    Europa Barbarorum v1.1 (RGB's will be used)
    Hard Campaign, Medium Battles
    Large (Possibly Huge) Unit Size
    Show CPU Moves Off
    Battle Timer Off
    Manage All Settlements
    Last edited by navarro951; 12-23-2008 at 20:13.
    ~WotB~
    Strategos Epilektos Panaitolos Ankyrikos Commander of 1sy Lydian Army

~BtSH~

Consul/Dux Cornelius Blasio

Default Re: Join Beyond the Seven Hills!

Wait - can you elaborate?

Do we just choose a random Roman FM picture and create a persona? If so, where can you get them?
    Can we pick one of the Romani starting characters?
    Shouldn't this be in Gameplay Guides and AARs?

Seems interesting, I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by desert View Post
    Wait - can you elaborate?

Do we just choose a random Roman FM picture and create a persona? If so, where can you get them?
    Can we pick one of the Romani starting characters?
    Shouldn't this be in Gameplay Guides and AARs?
    If you would like...go to the Throne Room and check out LotR or WotB they are great games which this one will be just like with obvious factional differences, go there and you will see how things get done with these rpg style games.
    ~WotB~

~BtSH~

Dammit, looks like I've got no choice.

Holy shit, that's confusing. Anyway, I'll join. Will this be in a subsection of the Throne Room as well, then?

What will the required version of EB be? Unmodded 1.1? Unmodded 1.2? Make that clear, please.
    Hard Campaign, Medium Battle and all that. What about unit settings? Huge, I hope, with roleplayed numbers.

and so on...
    Last edited by desert; 11-30-2008 at 22:56.

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

Yeah I'll give it a go. It will be my first RPG on these forums though...If you can just do some updates to the ad Navarro...
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Dammit, looks like I've got no choice.

Holy shit, that's confusing. Anyway, I'll join. Will this be in a subsection of the Throne Room as well, then?

What will the required version of EB be? Unmodded 1.1? Unmodded 1.2? Make that clear, please.
    Hard Campaign, Medium Battle and all that. What about unit settings? Huge, I hope, with roleplayed numbers.

and so on...
    Okay went ahead and updated with rules and such...sorry guys not using 1.2 as some changes have already been made in setting up the game and i dont want to do all of it again.

Yes if i get an approval it will probably be a sub in the Throne Room.

And also people these games are actually easier then you can imagine, its progressing that's tough at times. Just check out the WotB and LotR their rules are very similar and its great fun so im still looking for any takers.
    Wotb
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=262

LotR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=256
    Note: LotR can look a lot more confusing, but it is a different Era concerning different ways of doing things so it can be tough but everything in life takes a little thought. WotB I find easier to catch onto.
    Last edited by navarro951; 12-01-2008 at 03:08.
    ~WotB~

~BtSH~

How many do you want till you start? Because we can always start small and have more join later.
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    + =
    [/CENTER]

O absolutely if we can only get the starting FM's its okay because then it will be easier to gain fame (i Hope) and after that i will just generate generals and well be on our way!
    ~WotB~

~BtSH~

A question - after looking at WotB, I am confused about who controls offspring. Like, if Person A becomes Roman Romanus and has a kid, and that kid comes of age, who controls him? The dungeon master - excuse me - navarro? Some other guy? Does Person A get to control Romanus's children himself?
    Last edited by desert; 12-03-2008 at 01:22.

Yes all "Avatars" not taken by an actual being are controlled by the "Game Master" (yes that's me) but if he is your Avatar, he is virtually untouchable by anyone else including me. If you (your character) has a son it may be worked out that he will become your "aid" and you can then control him if you would like. However to have aids you must be claimed owner of a province which in BtSH will be called a "Provincial Dictator" and you will be aloud to have 5 aids actually who can form a house around you to better your prominence in the game as civil war is a possibility. If you are not in the Royal Family, you will earn your way their by gaining a Man of The Hour (in combat most likely) and if the benefactor accepts you and adopts you, then that player may begin having sons as well.
    ~WotB~

~BtSH~

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

Sure, I'm in.
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

Is this going to be a game played in turns moderated by a game-master?
    Sounds great, if I knew more I'd probably join
    Yet Brutus says he was ambitious, and Brutus is an honorable man

Will we elect people to public offices during senate sessions?

In that case, will only consuls and praetors get to lead field armies?

How do we represent all the hundreds of senators and their effect on decisions and policies in the republic?
    Last edited by desert; 12-03-2008 at 10:01.

I get my new laptop tomorrow (finally I'll be able to play on "huge")... so once I have EB up and running again, I would definately love to join

Yeah, I'd say you've picked a hard one with Rome Navarro. I don't in any way wish to put you off, just looking for answers really. How will the mechanics work with senate offices and such? Because I was looking to become a general, but if only consuls and praetors can lead armies, what becomes of generals?

@desert: I would say the votings easy; its very well portrayed in Maions 'From Basileion to Arche' (obviously Makedonian but it contains a council). You can check it out, or, simply, the game master or senate leader or whoever puts forwards the laws, decisions and the such like, and the participants simply vote one way or another. I know not as many senators will be shown, but the concept works.

Navarro, hope we start soon, looking forward to it.
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A question - after looking at WotB, I am confused about who controls offspring. Like, if Person A becomes Roman Romanus and has a kid, and that kid comes of age, who controls him? The dungeon master - excuse me - navarro? Some other guy? Does Person A get to control Romanus's children himself?
    I can tell you that in WotB the offspring will stay in some city(capital most likely) and will wait some player to play them. Either totally new player or a player who have lost his current avatar.

Yes, but what I mean is that there are hundreds of senators, and only a relative handful of participants. I guess we could just give them the Synedrion (TM) treatment and let navarro describe the general mood of the AI senators when appropriate.

Sure, this seems interesting. One thing though, would this involving sending in orders like the Holy Roman Empire game, or passing the savegame around? It would certainly make the game go faster if two or three (active) admins just processed orders instead of having to pass a savegame around, and it also allows us to use a more up to date BI-EB or even Alexander-EB setup, as well as using EB 1.2 even.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=82780 is what I'm referring to with the Holy Roman Empire game.
    Last edited by Victor1234; 12-04-2008 at 01:09.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

I'd be up for this if you decide to go with 1.2 instead.

My questions is, if it has to be huge units... If you go large I might joing, the thing is, my computer isn't handling huge unit size full stacks very well on the battlefield...

The other thing I'm watiing for is rules... TO be sure if I like to join I'd need to know the rule setup for this game...

Will we elect people to public offices during senate sessions?

In that case, will only consuls and praetors get to lead field armies?

How do we represent all the hundreds of senators and their effect on decisions and policies in the republic?
    Well obviously RTW poses many restrictions if we had 100 players sure thered be 100 senators but no its a game for fun and seriousness at times but we( the real players ) will be the ones doing the day to day "senatorial" when the game is set up, there is a very organized and to the point rule book so join up and im sure you'll learn right on....i did when i joined WotB and their system works fair and fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobo View Post
    I get my new laptop tomorrow (finally I'll be able to play on "huge")... so once I have EB up and running again, I would definately love to join
    Ok well quick note to all you hopefull "soon-to-be-members" the "huge" units are still only a possibility it may only be large as i want all to get a chance to play but these games are still plenty fun trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Baen View Post
    Yeah, I'd say you've picked a hard one with Rome Navarro. I don't in any way wish to put you off, just looking for answers really. How will the mechanics work with senate offices and such? Because I was looking to become a general, but if only consuls and praetors can lead armies, what becomes of generals?

@desert: I would say the votings easy; its very well portrayed in Maions 'From Basileion to Arche' (obviously Makedonian but it contains a council). You can check it out, or, simply, the game master or senate leader or whoever puts forwards the laws, decisions and the such like, and the participants simply vote one way or another. I know not as many senators will be shown, but the concept works.

Navarro, hope we start soon, looking forward to it.
    hey and thanx i cant wait either (talking with mods as we speak) but anyway yes when you all get a chance to read the rules trust me it will all work out. but yes Legatus's and Dux's will lead armies and be able to also hole a senatorial status which will be voted upon. Again i would like everyone to view WotB or LotR in the throne room to see how this all works. Simple stuff really and great role-play fun for you fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Khaldun View Post
    I can tell you that in WotB the offspring will stay in some city(capital most likely) and will wait some player to play them. Either totally new player or a player who have lost his current avatar.
    For the most part...this is how offspring will be handled as well but their are little options or "loop-holes" i suppose if a player wishs to try and seek them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alerion View Post
    My questions is, if it has to be huge units... If you go large I might joing, the thing is, my computer isn't handling huge unit size full stacks very well on the battlefield...

The other thing I'm watiing for is rules... TO be sure if I like to join I'd need to know the rule setup for this game...
    Well if any player here who would like to play TRULY needs to view a set of rules, PM me an email and i can send you a Microsoft Word Document that contains all the info you may want to see!
    ~WotB~

~BtSH~

the universal person Member everyone's Avatar

If it's not too late, I'll also join; though I'm unsure whether my computer is able to handle huge unit sizes, large might be ok.

Vicious Celt Warlord Member Celtic_Punk's Avatar

Oh I would join this but between WotB, my AAR, my own campaigns, and real life things such as work and the old lady...

Perhaps if you had posted this when WotB finishes....
    'Who Dares WINS!' - SAS
    "The republic stands for truth and honour. For all that is noblest in our race. By truth and honour, principle and sacrifice alone will Ireland be free."-Liam Mellows

Who knows? If it's a enough day we may all end up Generals!"

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Punk View Post
    Oh I would join this but between WotB, my AAR, my own campaigns, and real life things such as work and the old lady...

Perhaps if you had posted this when WotB finishes....
    ya well it will take time to get the sub forum up TinCow is being real helpful but even says be patient.
    maybe by then you will be freed up a lil more.
    Quote Originally Posted by everyone View Post
    If it's not too late, I'll also join; though I'm unsure whether my computer is able to handle huge unit sizes, large might be ok.
    again, huge units may only be a possibility it will probly be large...i want all to be able to play.
    ~WotB~

~BtSH~

Does it matter if its 1.1 or 1.2? I didnt think the gameplay was altered enough to change players' experiences. And will it be everyone using EB or just a select few with savegames, echoing Victor1234's question, which I think went unnoticed, if not answered.
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Baen View Post
    Does it matter if its 1.1 or 1.2? I didnt think the gameplay was altered enough to change players' experiences. And will it be everyone using EB or just a select few with savegames, echoing Victor1234's question, which I think went unnoticed, if not answered.
    It will 1.1 as of now i may go to 1.2 but i know some people still have on-going games or AAR's or what have you with 1.1 so for now im sticking with 1.1 to gather more players but we will see. Everyone will get take a turn to use the save through a "passing the save" form. If you would like to see what i mean go to : https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=107464
    ~WotB~

~BtSH~

For any of those who wanted to see how a "senate" plays out in this game, go to this forum as WotB's council is in session. https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...107549&page=14
    ~WotB~

~BtSH~

ok Im in, when do you we start?

Its been 11 days since we've heard anything...maybe he forgot..or dropped it
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast