Thread: On Total Conquest...

Default On Total Conquest...

Hm, I thought I should post a thread for general discussion of the new Total Conquest mod. I must say I love the idea of stabbing eastward into asia and south into Africa. I was just wondering, although I can see maps documenting the borders of factions, I was wondering how many provinces each faction was likely to have? I imagine there's a concrete limit on how many territories can be on a map, so I wondered how drastically some of the factions, particularly in Europe, would be affected?

Also, do you have yet any previews of some of the asian faction's units? I can't wait to see what you've come up with for them

Default Re: On Total Conquest...

Here is the region map. As you can see Africa and north Asia have a few large provinces, while Europe and southern Asia have many smaller provinces.

As the region limit is 199, I had to reduce the number of provinces each faction had (I don't think most European factions suffered too much). Though the only fair way to make a map would be to determine the population of each faction and give them a proportionate number of regions. However I don't know the medieval populations of Eurasia and Africa so I can't do this (the person who made the map may have known).

Regarding the Asian units they're mostly vanilla units, though I did change their weapons. The exception being the factions in India, which needed some new units. Below are some screenshots of the Asian units.

Mounted Javelinmen

Elephant Javelinmen

India vs Persia

India vs Persia 2
    4 Seasons (6 Empires battle for supremecy); 3.0 version
    Total War Eras (start at 970, 1080, 1200, 1300, 1400, or 1500); 2.4 version
    Eras Total Conquest (start at 1230, 1346, 1547); 1.2 version