Thread: Humanities & Human Rights essay

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

Default Humanities & Human Rights essay

I am writing an essay for my college class on how the play 'Angels in America' (a required topic) is significant to the course subject, so here is what I have written so far.

I was not able to see AUM’s theatre production of Angels In America as I had planned to on Sunday due to my loaner car dying on me on the freeway. Therefore, I shall write a review about the play as I envision it, and write about its significance in this course’s subject.
    Angels In America is an unauthorized sequel to the 1994 motion picture Angels In The Outfield, though it shares no similarities with the movie. The movie revolves around the plot of a mentally-challenged child who can’t get though his head the fact that his father is an abusive, alcoholic, Columbian drug-dealer. Therefore, the child petitions to some fictional divine being (called “God” in the movie) for the Chicago Cubs to win the World Series for some unknown reason. The movie itself is a fantastic subject when dealing with human rights, as it expresses the human right to be imaginative, since there is no chance in Hell that the Cubs would ever win anything in real life; we all know that “God” is a Braves fan.
    The theatre production opens simply enough, with George Washington (played by Danni DeVito) singing show-tunes from Disney’s Duck Tales. Once the ten-minute opening ends, Theodore Roosevelt comes up on stage and starts French-kissing Washington. This brings to light the ever-burning question of ‘Is it a human right to be bi-sexual in a society that bans it?’ Eventually, they start discussing about how best to deal with the armies of both Great Britain and the Church of Scientology. Their discussion is broken up by explosions off-stage, signaling the arrival of the armies of the Unholy Union. This is a direct violation of the spectators’ human right to be safe and secure, as the explosions were as real as you can get. Once the audience was calmed down and George W. Bush assured the people that it was “Mission Accomplished,” the play got back underway. The act ends with George and Teddy going to dig up the body of Stephen Hawking (which is interesting because Dr Hawking is still alive in real life), and then proceed to have a roll in the hay with the now-zombified corpse. They literally do have a roll in the hay; George, Teddy, and Zombie Hawking all get down on the haystack and start rolling around like a child rolling down a hill. This brings to mind the human right to choose abstinence.
    Note that everything is supposed to be BS. I figure that if I'm going to fail, I'm going to fail spectacularly. Any ideas on how to proceed with Act 2?

Default Re: Humanities & Human Rights essay

Any ideas on how to proceed with Act 2?
    You need to add more characters ond side plots .
    George Bush who is really a fanatical creationist Muslim had a secret Gay Jewish lover called Saddam Hussien . Saddam got upset with Georges drug habit and blamed him for the STDs he caught so they broke up .
    George is offered a new job but is worried that his past may come back to haunt him so offers Saddam some hush money ,but as Saddam is no longer constrained by his past friendship and has decided to go on the world stage now that he is out of the closet George has no luck , he tries to get some old mutual friends to convince hisex-lover to get back in the closet and keep quiet but saddam is relishing his new macho poof role complete with bushy moustache and is considering changing his name to Prisilla Presley queen of the desert and entering into a gay marriage with Michael Jackson .
    Michael himself is not happy with that as he prefers them younger so instead offers his sister who looks just like him but blacker to Saddam in exchange for a new kiddies theme park complete with a bestiality zoo , Saddam refuses the offer as he associates black people with the ethiopian jews and he isn't happy that they can get some citizenship rights , plus he has concerns that although Michaels sister has a nice wardrobe collection it may be too small for him and may cause a malfunction at an inoppertune moment .
    Exasperated at the prospect of being exposed George decides to act .
    Relying on his new lovers in the marines who have a reliable "don't tell if you are a poof" motto , he locks Saddam in an underground dungeon to keep him out of the way .
    Unfortunately Saddam in the dungeon pines away for his old life and passes the time by singing Abba songs which draw an eager crowd of goatherds to lisen at the ventilation shaft .
    Seeing the potential the goatherds contact Simon Cowell to see if the voice in the vent pipe is suitable for his Voices of Mass Marketing show .
    Cowell goes off to Iraq on an inspection but finds nothing . People say that he must have found something as everyone was sure there was voices there but Simon is resolute that there is no evidence , perhaps there once were voices but not anymore .
    It later transpires that George had everyones phone bugged and knew of Cowells visit in advance and had decided to act unilaterally to solve the problem .
    Saddam was found hanged in what was claimed was an act of auto eroticism gone wrong , but that claim is undermined when a video emerges of a naked saddam in pyramid sex with a pile of marines in orange gitmo thongs and George ******* in the background .

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

I'd add a little 'a pox on both their houses' just for shakespear's sake, now that is style. From there something with lague of nations, 10 points, geneva, UN, blabla etc

Quote Originally Posted by Tribesman View Post
    Saddam was found hanged in what was claimed was an act of auto eroticism gone wrong , but that claim is undermined when a video emerges of a naked saddam in pyramid sex with a pile of marines in orange gitmo thongs and George ******* in the background .
    Compared to the real thing that is a pretty good execution
    Last edited by Fragony; 12-13-2008 at 14:37.

Simón Bolívar once said that "Chickens are quite simply ungovernable. Those who serve the revolution plow the sea." While this means that you can't eat eggs without floating on a dingy, I believe that that Truffles the dog would ever care. It was at that point that Mech Kerry burst out of the sand dungeon and flew out to meet the talking tanning bed. Surely that crispy encounter would inspire Obama to reinvent pancakes.
    More upon request.
    Requesting suggestions for new sig.

-><- GOGOGO GOGOGO WINLAND WINLAND ALL HAIL TECHNOVIKING!SCHUMACHER!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WHY AM I NOT BEING PAID FOR THIS???

Quote Originally Posted by CrossLOPER View Post
    More upon request.
    This amuses me greatly. I must have more.

The second act scene opens 2000 years later, in the present day. Five geeks are sitting around a table playing Dungeons & Dragons, in similar fashion to the Knights of the Dinner Table. While little is known about the people, through detailed exposition we learn of the histories and adventures of their characters: Truffles the rapid dog, Lord Smackdown the Chinese Immigrant, Tanny the talking tanning bed, and Bob. This brings to light the human right to socialize together, regardless of race, creed, or wattage. Simón Bolívar once said that "Chickens are quite simply ungovernable. Those who serve the revolution plow the sea." While this means that you can't eat eggs without floating on a dingy, I believe that that Truffles the dog would ever care. It was at that point that Mecha John Kerry burst out of the sand dungeon and flew out to meet the talking tanning bed. Surely that crispy encounter would inspire Obama to reinvent pancakes. Sadly, the second act ends quickly enough, and we do not see what has become of the party of misfit heroes.
    Last edited by Kekvit Irae; 12-13-2008 at 19:26.

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

Try not to use slang, such as "Loaner Car," in a "formal" essay.
    Last edited by Yoyoma1910; 12-13-2008 at 19:37. Reason: rephrasing

My kingdom for a .

Quote Originally Posted by Yoyoma1910 View Post
    Try not to use slang, such as "Loaner Car," in a "formal" essay.
    In case you haven't figured it out by now, I really don't care about the style of language in my essay.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

I did this in an essay test on a book I hadn't read, wrote up a few pages about the exploits of a robotic assassin named ... Abraham Lincoln! Funny thing is, my Prof gave me partial credit for being off the wall. So who knows?
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them ... well, I have others." — Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Kekvit Irae View Post

Note that everything is supposed to be BS. I figure that if I'm going to fail, I'm going to fail spectacularly. Any ideas on how to proceed with Act 2?
    You're right on track

The wonderful flying turtles were attracted by the idea of a tree house composed entirely of seaweeds, so they went ahead and created such a structure upon a platform above Rio de Janeiro. The natives were not happy, but were placated by promises of an army of Belgian emus. The Creoles of Lima would not have accepted such a deal had it ever been presented to them.
    Here's a snip.
    Requesting suggestions for new sig.

-><- GOGOGO GOGOGO WINLAND WINLAND ALL HAIL TECHNOVIKING!SCHUMACHER!
    WHY AM I NOT BEING PAID FOR THIS???

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Talk to Louis. He (or she ) claims it's a French high art.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!