Thread: Script command to force AI to lift a siege?

Default Script command to force AI to lift a siege?

There are pirate navy which are blocking my port for last 10-20 years. I cannot attack them with my fleet so I guess they are just stuck.
    Is there a way to make them lift the siege? kill_character "Admiral Okaz" leads to CTD, move_character moves pirates but leaves the siege
    Any possible workarounds?
    Last edited by iamphet; 12-13-2008 at 16:45.

Default Re: Script command to force AI to lift a siege?

No, I don't think there is any script command that can do that.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Auto_win your navy versus them....
    EDIT: I'm presuming you've built up enough to have a navy....
    Last edited by LordCurlyton; 12-13-2008 at 23:39.
    Balloons:
    From gamegeek2 for my awesome AI expansion -
    From machinor for 'splainin -

And if that doesn't work you can (at the risk of broken stuff, but hey ... you're dealing with the Flying Dutchman, right?) experiment with
    Code:
    move_character "<name>" <x>,<y>
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

The thing about move_character, which he said he had already tried, is that it just moves the character, and it doesn't actually change the state the character is in. So if a char is sieging, the computer will continue to treat it as sieging (or in this case, blockading) until something is done to change the state (you move it via normal means if its yours, the AI decides to do likewise if its not).
    Balloons:

And likewise, he's said that he's unable to engage the navy so auto_win won't solve it.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Yes, bovi is correct: my fleet does not want to attack the pirates.
    BTW to be precise, when I move_character, the pirates disappear completely (they do not appear at the new tile) so I cannot attack them there too.
    The most worriest thing is I don't know what will happen when the admiral dies...

Are they hidden maybe? Even if they are invisible as long as the command doesn't return an error they will be in said tile (as long as you don't let a turn go by). So if you have a navy, ANY navy, even crappy transports, just teleport the admiral to your navy and auto_win attacker. You CAN'T lose when you auto_win. Yeah normally the Germans have crap for boats for a LONG time (I don't know if they ever get boats above the cruddy transport stage) but if you absolutely have to have the pirates dead, auto_win is the no-lose bet. You just need a boat of any sort.
    Balloons:

Curlyton, the game refuses to engage the fleets when he does move a boat up there and tries to attack.

================
    ================

Ok, played with this a bit more. There must be something wrong with terrain (sometimes I am able to see pirates but they disappear if you move the cursor over them, too modest to disclose any information )

Tried to edit WATER_SURFACE.TGA and got a nice CTD (I guess editing of world is not retroactive anyways...)

Finally figured this out : moved pirates away with move_character and then re-constructed the port.
    Unfortunately had to abandon the campaign anyway: fed up with getting CTD every 3-4 turns during eleutheroi turn