Thread: Pahlava reforms dead end?

Default Pahlava reforms dead end?

As a prerequisite for the Pahlava reforms you need to build both Reformed Pastoralism and Warlord's Horse Herds, but if you build Reformed Pastoralism first you can no longer build Warlord's Horse Herds, effectively painting you into a corner where your only option is to demolish Reformed Pastoralism, making you start back over at Migration and costing you a 10 (I guess) turns and thousands of mnai.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Default Re: Pahlava reforms dead end?

Ummmmm, don't build Reformed Pastoralism first.

Everyone learns the hard way heh.
    EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    1.Military occupation.
    2.Migration
    3.Pastoralism
    4.Large Nomad Market
    5.Settled Community
    6.Warlords Horse Herds
    7.Reformed Pastoralism
    8.Advanced Settlement
    9.Settled Aristocracy
    10.Reformed Parthian Government.

http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img....png&srv=img34

There you go, list of requirements and regions you can get the reform. Good luck.
    Personally I think this little tidbit should be stuck into the FAQ since I've seen the question arise multiple times (myself included).
    EDITEDIT: Woot my 400th post!
    Last edited by LordCurlyton; 12-11-2008 at 22:53.
    Balloons:
    From gamegeek2 for my awesome AI expansion -
    From machinor for 'splainin -

Is there a reason for this? If you have to follow a specific build order and there is only one way that's right, why let the player make false choices?

Not all of it must be done in an exact build order, but johnhughthom's build order is definitely safe. Couple of things you have to watch out for are (i think), build military occupation before migration (you should do this anyway) and build your Herds line before you build reformed pastoralism.

That sounds right from what I can tell. I never bothered to deviate and see whether the L3 Market needed to be built at that spot and by the time you take a lot of the AS towns, especially their core ones, they'll already have a large enough market. Do be warned that the Pahlava actually have 6 build levels for market as once you make the reformed gov't you have to build the new Bazaar level market and then the last two. So Large Nomad market is more like Market Level 2.5.
    Balloons:

Marzbân-î Jundîshâpûr Member The Persian Cataphract's Avatar

If it's to any comfort, in EB2 this sort of mechanic is purely supposed to be a one-time matter like a reform-process. Once the Pahlavân are settled, that's it, they are settled, and the player won't need to go through this hassle again.

Post the building order and reform-map in the FAQ thread and give it a few moments.

"Fortunate is every man who in purity and truth recognizes valiance and prevents it from becoming bravado" - Âriôbarzanes of the Sûrên-Pahlavân

That's good to hear. I always thought that would be the best way to do it. Have them build the "Settled/Becoming Parthian/whatever" building and it serves as a reform marker overhauling the Pahlava gov's to "civilized" ones.
    Balloons: