Thread: Calling all Latin speakers

Default Calling all Latin speakers

What would "Butcher Bird" be in Latin?

Thx
    "I request permanent reassignment to the Gallic frontier. Nay, I demand reassignment. Perhaps it is improper to say so, but I refuse to fight against the Greeks or Macedonians any more. Give my command to another, for I cannot, I will not, lead an army into battle against a civilized nation so long as the Gauls survive. I am not the young man I once was, but I swear before Jupiter Optimus Maximus that I shall see a world without Gauls before I take my final breath."

Senator Augustus Verginius

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Default Re: Calling all Latin speakers

The literal translation of the words "Butcher Bird," the name of the Butcherbird in Latin, or the Latin translation of the Shrike?

Gimme all 3 and I'll decide which one I like the best
    "I request permanent reassignment to the Gallic frontier. Nay, I demand reassignment. Perhaps it is improper to say so, but I refuse to fight against the Greeks or Macedonians any more. Give my command to another, for I cannot, I will not, lead an army into battle against a civilized nation so long as the Gauls survive. I am not the young man I once was, but I swear before Jupiter Optimus Maximus that I shall see a world without Gauls before I take my final breath."

Senator Augustus Verginius

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

*Flicks through dictionary*

Carnifex/Lanius Avis

A carnifex would be someone who is literally a butcher as a profession. Lanius is probably what you want though because it comes from the latin word lanio, which means tear.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.