Thread: europa barbarum won't start

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default europa barbarum won't start

Here is the ebvalidation results.

You seem to have a corrupt install. There are changes to files, or some are missing.
    However, these may be conscious changes you have made, to remod EB. See below for details.
    ==========
    Changed file: .\eb\data\world\maps\battle\custom\279 bc - battle of ausculum\description.txt (expected checksum e54e6f6ba0c7cbb4eb7a2016e2f17842, got 0337a879748a757b21957959beb00873)
    Changed file: .\eb\mp game edu backup\map.rwm (expected checksum 1c90eb5933e8e610f00bdd692ca60048, got ca3d6899906a707189b700241a6e2797)
    Added file: .\eb play.lnk
    Added file: .\extras\ebtrivialscript_setup.exe
    Added file: .\extras\eb_documentation.exe
    Added file: .\extras\eb_rv_setup.exe
    Added file: .\unins000.dat
    Added file: .\unins000.exe

Its version 1.1.
    Last edited by DecimusFlavius; 12-14-2008 at 00:56.

Default Re: europa barbarum won't start

Thank you for posting the validation results, not many do until they are told to... Anyway, there are no significant changes here, so it should be working.

Have you tried to wait it out? The first time EB starts it usually takes longer than later. Does it crash, or just don't seem to load for a long time?

There are also a number of suggestions that have helped others in the validation post.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    Thank you for posting the validation results, not many do until they are told to... Anyway, there are no significant changes here, so it should be working.

Have you tried to wait it out? The first time EB starts it usually takes longer than later. Does it crash, or just don't seem to load for a long time?

There are also a number of suggestions that have helped others in the validation post.
    No, It loads Vanilla RTW, with no hint of EB whatsoever. I followed the directions, re-installed about 5 times before posting.

I installed RTW, then the 1.3 patch, then 1.5 patch, then EB 1.1 in the RTW folder.

I really want to play this mod.

Ah, I see. Your shortcut isn't correct, the installer has a bug. You need to change the shortcut or install the Trivial Script to run EB. The target line of the shortcut is supposed to look like this:
    C:\Games\RomeEB1.1\RomeTW.exe -mod:eb -nm -show_err -ne
    All the other switches aren't necessary, but you have to have the mod switch. Replace C:\Games\RomeEB1.1 with wherever you installed EB, of course.
    Last edited by bovi; 12-14-2008 at 08:06.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Ah, I see. Your shortcut isn't correct, the installer has a bug. You need to change the shortcut or install the Trivial Script to run EB. The target line of the shortcut is supposed to look like this:
    All the other switches aren't necessary, but you have to have the mod switch. Replace C:\Games\RomeEB1.1 with wherever you installed EB, of course.
    Ha, I would have thought it would have been in the install walk through.

Probably a good mistake, I like this forum.

how do I do the "-mod:eb -nm" thing?

For that matter, how do I do a mod switch?
    Last edited by DecimusFlavius; 12-14-2008 at 09:07.

Sorry, I assumed you knew how to change shortcuts. I just typed more detailed instructions here. Take a look, and ask here if it's unclear.

================
    ================