Thread: How do I install this thing?

Default How do I install this thing?

I'm sorry, but I don't get this. I've tried everything, installing to folder, not to folder, manually copying files.

And either there is no change at all, or I destroy the game.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a bug perhaps?

Default Re: How do I install this thing?

Maybe you are installing on Vista?

In this case, make sure of the following: That you install the RTW game on a folder OTHER than the c:/program files/ because it won't work.

Install Rome Total War anywhere else but on that folder and then EB can install over it, which means that then it will work.

You like EB? Buy CA games.

You should run a validation after you've installed. If you installed in the wrong location, it will show a bunch of missing files including RomeTW.exe.
    Last edited by bovi; 12-16-2008 at 07:55.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

I am not running on Vista, but Windows XP. I did not install it there, but on D:. I've installed it fine, it's in the Rome - Total War\EB directory.

And yet, as much as I try playing it, NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL is shown, and I still have the three Roman houses, the new historical battles aren't historical, but have to be opened through custom, and there is nothing different than the vanilla Rome Total War.

Please post the target line of the shortcut that you are using to start EB, if you insist on ignoring the validation.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Post Re: How do I install this thing?

d:\Games\Rome - Total War\EB Play.lnk

That isn't the target line, you should right click the file select "Properties" and copy the target line from the screen that pops up.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios View Post
    That isn't the target line, you should right click the file select "Properties" and copy the target line from the screen that pops up.
    Sorry

"D:\Games\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -show_error

At the end of that line, try adding:
    Code:
    -mod:eb
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.