Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite game quotes?

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

Default Favorite game quotes?

Since we have a cutscene thread, I thought it would be appropriate for a favorite gaming quotes thread. They can be iconic, zany, or just plain memorable.

My picks:

"War. War never changes."
    -Fallout series

"You're Winner!"
    -Big Rigs (best game EVAR)

"You ok, lady?"
    -The Ring

"You spoony bard!"
    -Final Fantasy IV

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    "Look, Mother... Sisters... he-he-he... I'm peeing... peeing..."
    -Sagara Family

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Favorite game quotes?

"I'm not that kind of Orc!" - Warcraft 2

"To the east...Always...to the east." - Diablo 2

I shall refrain from posting anymore from those series, so...I'm out for a while until I remember older games anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

"I fight for my friends"

Soul Calibur
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"I shall earn the favour of the gods, through the blood of the weaklings" - Warhammer: Mark of Chaos.
    "I feed on the blood of the innocent" - Dawn of War (I think)
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Deranged rock ape Member Quirinus's Avatar

"SANITY is for the weak!" -- Chaos unit (not sure which), Dawn of War

"Is it just me, or are the Rodians kinda creepy?" -- random merc, Jedi Academy

"I heard that thieves broke into the Arcane University, the Imperial Legion Compound and the Temple all on the same night! waitaminuteletmedothatoneagain " -- random Altmer woman, TES: Oblivion

"I ran into some mudcrabs the other day...." -- every third NPC, TES: Oblivion

Just some that immediately popped to mind. I remember being quite amused by that soldier who got possessed in Hellgate: London as well, when he gets possessed by the mad demon thing in midsentence. Something along the lines of "Ooh, I feel like RAPING THE SOULS OF THE ASHES OF CHILDREN" or something in the same vein. Don't have the game anymore, and can't find it on YouTube, anyone remember it?
    Last edited by Quirinus; 11-05-2008 at 14:27.
    WARNING! This baseline signature should never appear on screen!

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Few good ones,

Every conversation in No One Lives Forever, especially the assumed correlation between criminal behaviour and beer consumption.

It's time to kick *peep* and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gum. -Duke Nuke'em

I am taking it like a gnat in a hailstorm! -Silent Storm (hilarious game)

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

One part in Warcraft III I'll always remember. A friend and I were playing the campaign for Reign of Chaos, and we were talking about Pedophiles, and we finish a level with Kel Thu'zad in it, and he promptly says, "Hello, again my children."
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Rythmic View Post
    One part in Warcraft III I'll always remember. A friend and I were playing the campaign for Reign of Chaos, and we were talking about Pedophiles, and we finish a level with Kel Thu'zad in it, and he promptly says, "Hello, again my children."

"Now the humans will think twice before h4xx0ring our 1337 tech!!!"

I'm pretty sure only a handful of people will know where this is from.
    Requesting suggestions for new sig.

-><- GOGOGO GOGOGO WINLAND WINLAND ALL HAIL TECHNOVIKING!SCHUMACHER!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WHY AM I NOT BEING PAID FOR THIS???

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

All from Portal:

"Remember, the Aperture Science ‘Bring Your Daughter to Work Day’ is the perfect time to have her tested."

"Although the euthanizing process is remarkably painful, 8 out of 10 Aperture Science engineers believe that the companion cube is most likely incapable of feeling much pain."

"That thing you burned up isn't important to me. It's the fluid catalytic cracking unit. It made shoes for orphans. Nice job breaking it, hero."

Man, how can I be the first one to pull a Portal quote?

From the Witcher :

He did rather well, for a human.
    (Geralt, in the 'knight in the sewers' flashback)

I'm surprised no one picked GTA San Andreas yet;
    (These are the ones I love most, but if there is a game crammed with quotable stuff this is it!)

Oh, no, man. Two lies don't cancel each other out. You know that. We pay them to lie to us. Is that what our founding fathers wanted? No more, friend. No more. We're not alone.

Carl, chill the Batman out, man. You're killing my vibe.

You know how many government satellites are watching any citizen at any moment? Twenty-three. Do you know how many religious relics are kept at the Pentagon? Twenty-three. You see a pattern emerging here man?
    The Truth

You know what, Carl, you are a kind and resourceful idiot. Your whole life you've wanted something for nothing. Now you've got something, and you don't know what to do with it. Well, make it good enough. We'll help, right?
    Kendl

Sometimes it means doing cocaine that you ain't proud of, because you're strong enough and smart enough to understand the bigger picture.
    Eddie Pulaski

This history. It's all lies. It says Hitler killed himself and that we nuked Japan. And people believe this Scientology. Jesus. Well, if it makes them sleep better at night, I guess.
    Toreno
    Last edited by Kekvit Irae; 11-05-2008 at 19:33. Reason: Swearing

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Deranged rock ape Member Quirinus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rythmic View Post
    Oh yeah, one of my favourite easter eggs in Warcraft III were the hidden vocal prompts when you click on a hero/unit many times enough. Like Malfurion will talk about how his father was mounted on a wall, the dreadlord will go "If I have wings, why can't I fly?", and the human peasants will start referencing Monty Python. Always cracks me up.
    WARNING! This baseline signature should never appear on screen!

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

"Less talking, more raiding!" - Sea Raiders, Mount and Blade

"To this day, his memory is honored, and his courage, his shrewdness, and his skill in battle--are legend." - Shogun Total War

"NOT EVEN DEATH CAN SAVE YOU FROM ME" - Diablo, Diablo II

"ENOUGH! I shall take your position into consideration ... [splat]
    Well ... it seems your terms are unacceptable." - Baal, Diablo II, LoD
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

Do I need to repeat myself? Swearing in the Arena is one step closer to getting hit with a banhammer.

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

"They ran away! Are they afraid of *us*??!" -- Ferengi non-combatant ship commander, Birth of the Federation

I just love how startled he always sounds.

I also love that line from MTW where Sean Pwertee says something about the enemy general being killed in battle, but I forget how it goes now.

EDIT: Found it: "The enemy general is dead, a black heart gone to his deserved grave!"

Last edited by Martok; 11-05-2008 at 19:39.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me. We long for a caring Universe which will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest of doubts. God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist.
    * Academician Prokhor Zakharov

Remember, genes are NOT blueprints. This means you can't, for example, insert "the genes for an elephant's trunk" into a giraffe and get a giraffe with a trunk. There are no genes for trunks. What you CAN do with genes is chemistry, since DNA codes for chemicals. For instance, we can in theory splice the native plants' talent for nitrogen fixation into a terran plant.
    * Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Nonlinear Genetics"

I loved my chosen. How then to face the day when she left me? So I took from her body a single cell, perhaps to love her again.
    * Commissioner Pravin Lal, "Time of Bereavement"

Einstein would turn over in his grave. Not only does God play dice, the dice are loaded.
    * Chairman Sheng-ji Yang

Richard Baxton piloted his Recon Rover into a fungal vortex and held off four waves of mind worms, saving an entire colony. We immediately purchased his identity manifests and repackaged him into the Recon Rover Rick character with a multi-tiered media campaign: televids, touchbooks, holos, psi-tours-- the works. People need heroes. They don't need to know how he died clawing his eyes out, screaming for mercy. The real story would just hurt sales, and dampen the spirits of our customers.
    * Morgan Stellartots Keynote Speech, "Mythology for Profit"

We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?
    * Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7 (Subject termination advised)

From Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    ...The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
    * Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"
    Last edited by ElectricEel; 11-05-2008 at 20:07.

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

Ready to work-Orc peon from Warcraft III

Well, basically 2 friends of mine had an argument on what he was saying. One friend was sure that it was Ready to work, which is correct, but the other one kept on insisting it was Ready to learn, which I don't understand how it makes sense at all. A humorous argument followed and my other friend still somehow thinks its learn...
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

Quote Originally Posted by Quirinus View Post
    Oh yeah, one of my favourite easter eggs in Warcraft III were the hidden vocal prompts when you click on a hero/unit many times enough.
    There's a funny quest in WoW for first-level Horde, where you have to repeatedly kick a lazy Orc and get him working again. IIRC, he even repeats some of the click-on dialog from Warcraft. That cracked me up.

Also.... some classic Minsc:

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!"

"Butt kicking for goodness"
    Feaw is a weapon.... wise genewuhs use weuuhw! -- Jebe the Tyrant

Quote Originally Posted by Zenicetus View Post
    Also.... some classic Minsc:

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!"

"Butt kicking for goodness"
    My favourite is "Evil, meet my sword, Sword, MEET EVIL"

Some from my favourite video game character ever, HK-47 from KOTOR.

"Indeed, I am most eager to engage in some unadulterated violence. At your command, of course, master."

"Can I break his neck now, master? Just a little? It's been a long time fantasy of mine..."

HK-47: "Answer: Simply that the distinction between 'killer' and 'killee' be a clear one. I cannot kill of my own volition, naturally."
    Player: "I don't think 'killee' is a word."
    HK-47: "Expletive: Damn it, master, I am an assassination droid... not a dictionary!"

Planescape: Torment - The Transcendent One:

"I can forge planes with my power! I can unmake you!"

"Then this is my answer and you are the proof: Nothing can change the nature of a man."

-Edit: MTW: "Enemy general fleeing" sound clips e.g. "spavined nag", "craven whore's son" etc.
    Last edited by caravel; 11-06-2008 at 00:11.

Cohen, Bioshock

"I want to take the ears off, but I can't. I hop, and when I hop, I never get off the ground. It's my curse, my eternal curse! I want to take the ears off but I can't! It's my curse! It's my ******* curse! I want to take the ears off! Please! Take them off! Please!"
    Last edited by frogbeastegg; 11-07-2008 at 20:24. Reason: Swear words must be fully obscured

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

I just remembered another one. The entire conversation about Batman vs Superman in Brothers in Arms 1
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

"Plebs are needed!"

Caesar II

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

"From the Nation of Hollywood to the Empire State, newsfilm from around the world on your neighbourhood screen today, delivered via high-speed airmail, this is Aero-tone News!"

And thus begins Crimson Skies, the best game ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

This place called Mars... do you know of it?

"Who the **** is Shakespeare?"
    - Killzone (the guy with the BIG gun)
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."

All us men suffer in equal parts, it's our lot in life, and no man goes without a broken heart or a lost love. Like holding your dog as he takes his last breath and dies in your arms, it's a rite of passage. Unavoidable. And honestly, I can't imagine life without that depth of feeling.-Bierut

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

Another HK 47 quote:

HK: Translation: 98% probability that the members of the minature organic's tribe are being held by the Sand People, master. Doubtless he wishes assistance.
    You: What about the other 2%?
    HK: Translation: 2% probability that the minature organic is simply looking for trouble and needs to be blasted. That may be wishful thinking on my part, master.
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

The Terran units and cutscenes from Starcraft are full of good stuff.

Firebat (flamethrower guy): "Need a light?"
    Firebat: "Would you like information on propane or propane accesories?"

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

"You can be a general, or you can be dinner. I don't really care which... But do try to show a little initiative, won't you?"
    - King Ashnard, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Amphibious Trebuchet Salesman Member Whacker's Avatar

Some others to throw in the pile.

Basically every single "special" (mean if you click on them repeatedly for the extra statements) unit quote in Starcraft and Warcraft 3.

"Hail to the king baby!" - Duke Nukem from DN3D

"Ease up on the stick!" - RIO in USNF/ATF/Fighter's Anthology

(all with no pause in between statements)
    "Alpha 1, mission critical craft, under attack!"
    "Alpha 1, mission critical craft, shields down!"
    "Alpha 1, mission critical craft, hull condition critical!"
    "Alpha 1, mission critical craft, destroyed!"
    "Abort mission, mission a failure!"
    *sound of fist being put through monitor - TIE Fighter

"You drive like a freebirth, cadet!" - Mechwarrior 2

"KILL YOU!!!!"
    "Flawless victoly!" - Samurai Shodown 1

"HUMILIATION!" - Quake 3 Arena

"I did it all for the wookies."
    "The wookies?"
    "The wookies." - Player char and Jolee Bindu in KOTOR1

"Don not piss me off Gordon!" - Generic Barney in Halflife1

"I want to see.... suffering." - Sociopath voice in the NWN series

And my probable favorite of all time:

The entire Morpheus AI conversation in Deus Ex. The last phrase stands out though, I will never forget hearing that for the first time.

"You will soon have your God, and you will make it with your own hands." - Morpheus

"Justice is the firm and continuous desire to render to everyone
    that which is his due."
    - Justinian I

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast