Thread: Colors

Default Colors

Hello
    i am new to this part of the forum and to the entire subject of modding.
    As i would like to change the colors of some factions, eg carthage how would i do it? I mean i would also have to change the banners but i have no idea where to find them and how to modify them....
    I do nnot have photoshop but i have paintand Microsoft Office Picture Manager.
    thx for future answers in advance

Italians do it better! Chi dice donna dice guai. Abbi donna di te minore, se vuoi essere signore. Donne e buoi dei paesi tuoi. Fiume, grondaia e donna parlatora mandano l'uomo di casa fuora.
    And my personal favorite: "Non rimuovere il confine antico fissato dai tuoi padri". In english: "Do not remove the anchent border placed by your fathers". It looses something in the translation......

Default Re: Colors

But how do i know wich faction is wich? eg read this, it was on that document: faction romans_julii
    culture egyptian
    How can that be?

Italians do it better! Chi dice donna dice guai. Abbi donna di te minore, se vuoi essere signore. Donne e buoi dei paesi tuoi. Fiume, grondaia e donna parlatora mandano l'uomo di casa fuora.
    And my personal favorite: "Non rimuovere il confine antico fissato dai tuoi padri". In english: "Do not remove the anchent border placed by your fathers". It looses something in the translation......

That's because there is only one roman faction and others are entirely new.

Here's the faction list:

RTW EB
    Seleucid Romani
    Pontus Saka Rauka
    Scythia Averni
    Parthia Pahlava
    Numidia Ptolemies
    Julii Arche Seleukeia
    Egypt Qarthadastim
    Gauls Averni
    Germans Sweboz
    Britons Casse
    Macedon Makedonia
    Carthage Pontos
    Scipii Hayadsan
    Dacia Getai
    Brutii Baktria
    Armenia Saurometae
    Thrace Epeiros
    Greek Cities Koinon Hellenon
    Spain Lusotannan
    Senate Saba

Default AW: Colors

I also tried some different second colors but it's still looking best if primary and second color are the same. Then you can't see the province borders but the colors on the mini map appear more harmonical.
    The only thing I would do is changing the second color of the Eleutheroi the primary one because then the mini map looks much better and the Eremos province doesn't seem too big and strange-sharped anymore. The south border of Carthage is now somewhere in the desert, you can't see the exactly line anymore only looking directly at this region of the map.

nah, I wouldn't change the Eleutheroi. They represent not one huge faction but several small tribes and kingdoms. So they have to have borderlines
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.