Thread: which mod?

Default which mod?

I'm kind of tired of the campaign because it's just so tedious and I'm looking for a mod which is easy and doesn't take as much time to complete as the regular campaign. Something where I can just slice through the enemies like butter and have a quick, fun victory.

I'm not saying that I don't enjoy a challenge but I've been playing the regular game quite frequently and this would be a fun change of pace. Perhaps after I am bored with this I will look for something more challenging, but does anyone have any suggestions until then?

Default Re: which mod?

Sorry I don't know of any mods that make the game easier. I would suggest one of the following:

1) Play on easy with all of the cheat settings turned on (morale, fatigue etc turned off and unlimited ammo on).

2) Mod the game yourself to make it easier.

3) Switch to playing RTW (seriously, if cutting through the enemy like butter and a shorter campaign is your thing then RTW is for you).

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

If you have the Viking Invasion expansion, you should give that campaign a try. It is shorter (fewer provinces and smaller armies), and has a different style to the gameplay.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Start a game in the late period and for once in a while fun type in a few of the cheats.
    I would suggest unlimited Florins and buildings completed in one year this way you can tech up super fast and march your uber armies constantly out against the puny opposition!

Start with what is normally a weak faction and laugh as you easily beat all opposition into submission.

I tried some of your suggestions and it was pretty fun. Mostly I was angry at having a big campaign I was playing crumble towards the end when rebellions basically destroyed my empire from the inside out. It's just fun to switch it up once in awhile, you know?

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Surprised no one brought this up (but I forgot about it myself, so ), but you can also play a Glorious Achievements campaign, where the goal is not to take over the map but to do unique accomplishments per faction.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

How to Prevent Rebellions:

- Spies
    - A good monarch (warlike and builds stuff)
    - Happiness buildings

I actually find R:TW harder for campaigns >_> battles are stupid-easy though.