Thread: Announcing MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!! I LOVE YOU CA!!!

Exclamation Announcing MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!! I LOVE YOU CA!!!

On the eurogamer preview, I was stunned and DELIGHTED by a short clip which had some massive blood!

Go here:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.ph...644&size=large

And at about 1:23, one ship fires on another and you can clearly see a sailor being blown to bloody bits. I am including a screen shot, but I really recommend you see the video for yourself.

I can't tell you how friggen happy this makes me. This is just bitchin'!!!!!! THANK YOU CA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WORSHIP AT YOUR FEET!!!!!!!

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    The Backroom is the Crackroom.

Default Re: Announcing MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!! I LOVE YOU CA!!!

Thats a clip from the Naval preview.
    There are plenty of blood spurts in the Land Battle one too.

But there is no dismemberment & presumably no pools of blood on the ground.

Better than no blood though :)
    maybe those guys should be doing something more useful...

Default Re: Announcing MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!! I LOVE YOU CA!!!

Bah, I'm for realism or for a sophisticated form of violence that is war, but there's no need to glorify blood and gore in a game.
    'Hannibal had been the victor at Cannae, and as if the Romans had good cause to boast that you have only strength enough for one blow, and that like a bee that has left its sting you are now inert and powerless.'

Favorite part of that when he said he will not dumb down Empire so that the console players get a whack at this mole.(note this is not quoted)
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

The Dam Dog Senior Member Sheogorath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeeSting View Post
    Bah, I'm for realism or for a sophisticated form of violence that is war, but there's no need to glorify blood and gore in a game.
    There's a fine line between glorification and realism. I'd say that screenshot pretty effectively simulates the effect of a twenty pound ball of iron moving along at just under the speed of sound on your average human being. Grapeshot, of course, would most likely leave you as a fine pink mist and a rain of chunks. If you were lucky.
    Tallyho lads, rape the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers!

Undercover Lurker Member Mailman653's Avatar

Maybe it's a preview of what to expect when a cannon ball hits an elephant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mailman653 View Post
    Maybe it's a preview of what to expect when a cannon ball hits an elephant.
    I imagine that to be more of a downpour in comparison to the splatter we see in the screenshot ;)
    Tallyho lads, rape the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers!

The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sheogorath View Post
    I imagine that to be more of a downpour in comparison to the splatter we see in the screenshot ;)
    Being next to an exploding elephant should have serious morale penalties. Elephant intestines draping your uniform and guts clogging your musket.... eugh.

Of course you are all making the mistake of assuming that a cannonball can take down one of our mighty grey war machines. Fools! An elephants skin is harder than the strongest steel, its tusks are as sharp as the finest blade, its trumpeting is mightier than the crashing of thunder! ALL SHALL FLEE IN FEAR BEFORE THEM! THEY WILL BREAK YOUR ARMIES AND CRUSH YOUR PATHETIC ARTLILLERY!!!

*Cough*

So yeah, I'll be very disappointed if elephants can't catch cannonballs mid-air and return them to sender in a violent fashion. They should bounce off harmlessly at the very least.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------

It'd be best if they caught them with their trunks, swallowed them, and then shot them back out of their trunks again, I think. With machinegun like speed.

Thumbs up Re: Announcing MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!! I LOVE YOU CA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheo
    It'd be best if they caught them with their trunks, swallowed them, and then shot them back out of their trunks again, I think. With machinegun like speed.
    Yeah, they could swallow them, but then they could also stockpile on them. So, if an elephant swallowed cannonballs from 20 seperate battles, he could unleash them all in one major, climatic battle. It'd be like an MG42, except with cannonballs.

The Breath of God Member Divine Wind's Avatar

I assume blood/gore is a toggleable choice on the options menu so the peace loving hippies out there can continue to pick flowers and build cities while the rest of his swim through intenstines and rivers of blood.
    "To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

After watching the video a few times, I think thats the only scene that has blood thats clearly visable. Makes me think they will use the MTW2 style of showing blood on uniforms instead of actually seeing spurts flying around.

I suggest you take another look & also at the other videos.
    The land combats have a bunch of blood spurts too.
    Notably an officer at the head of a column of charging (French?) troops gets walloped with a big spurt of blood & from a bunch of different angles in the land combat video.
    maybe those guys should be doing something more useful...

Blog Entries

but...but whats blood without dismemberments?

Quote Originally Posted by 777Ares777 View Post
    This is Total War, not Postal.

Quote Originally Posted by 777Ares777 View Post
    Hopefully, this will be a slippery slope for CA. Let us all dream that dimemberment and disembowelment is in the future of Total War. After all, it IS fricken WAR! People DIE. And with horrific and gruesome effect, let me assure you.

Let theses cartoons do so in a glorious and detailed manner for our entertainment and out of respect for the realities of human conflict.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    The Backroom is the Crackroom.

Thumbs up Re: Announcing MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!! I LOVE YOU CA!!!

Well, unless battles will be longer than they have been in past TW games (maybe as long as EB's battles?), I'm sure much of the bloodshed won't be noticed too much as we'll have our camera zoomed out in order to better direct our troops through the battle.

I demand beheading!

Anniep
    AggonyJade of the Brotherhood of Aggony, [FF]ladyAn or [FF]Jade of the Freedom Fighters

No need to panic people. I'm sure that you will be able to turn off the blood effects in the options. And thus most importantly than anything else will be able to improve your frame rate.
    Last edited by Praxil; 12-19-2008 at 13:00.

The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar

When played on full graphics Medieval 2 has about as much blood as can be seen in the Empire viedoes and screenshots. I don't want to disappoint, but I don't think CA will turn the gore up too much for Empire. They probably don't think it's worth antagonising the censors.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------