Thread: Newbie Questions

Default Newbie Questions

Just getting back into Rome and find EB to be absolutely wonderful!

However, one question. As I conquered cities, I assume I have to destroy many, if not all, of the 'native' buildings and replace them with Roman buildings in order to review Roman outputs? Just wanted to check before I go on an expensive rampage of destruction and reconstruction. I'm guessing I can't keep much of anything as I'd never be able to improve on them as they are part of a different Building Tree.

Thanks,

Akmatov

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Default Re: Newbie Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Akmatov View Post
    Just getting back into Rome and find EB to be absolutely wonderful!

However, one question. As I conquered cities, I assume I have to destroy many, if not all, of the 'native' buildings and replace them with Roman buildings in order to review Roman outputs? Just wanted to check before I go on an expensive rampage of destruction and reconstruction. I'm guessing I can't keep much of anything as I'd never be able to improve on them as they are part of a different Building Tree.

Thanks,

Akmatov
    Its actually in your best interests to leave what there is where it belongs. they'll be "assimilated overtime.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

When you conquer a town, always destroy the government building, always. Other than that, you can destroy the MICs (barracks) that are worthless to you (keeping in mind that some factions can use other faction's MICs, so not all are worthless). Basically, all other buildings can be left intact, unless you want to do away with cultural penalty causing unrest.

As the Romans, you may also want to destroy any Gyms in cities you conquer so that you can build Arenas instead.

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

but do not forget to detroy ALL goverment buildings (those with a numer) to represent the occupation of the new territorium

For further informations read the FAQ (if you did not read them already)
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=84854

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

I used to destroy absolutely everything in a newly conquered city and rebuild, in my current campaign I'm only destroying govts and barracks. I have noticed my cities are growing at a much faster rate than they did in previous campaigns and I have a ridiculous amount of money.

Incorruptible Forest Manager Member Tristuskhan's Avatar

In the late game, when you take highly developped cities, it can also be useful to destroy buildings that create population growth, like Sewers/granaries/healer's lines as much as you can (without getting under 75% loyalty BTW) in order to slow down the population boom happening after an enslavement a bit.

(experienced players, if I'm wrong doing that, I'd be pleased to hear about it)
    Last edited by Tristuskhan; 12-16-2008 at 00:19.
    "Les Cons ça ose tout, c'est même à ça qu'on les reconnait"

Kentoc'h Mervel Eget Bezañ Saotret - Death feels better than stain, motto of the Breton People. Emgann!

Thank you muchly for the prompt and useful advise. :)

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Tristuskhan View Post
    (without getting under 75% loyalty BTW)
    Why 75%? The settlement will not revolt until loyalty drops below 70%.

No, it is actually 70%. Settlements rebel at 70% or lower loyalty.