Thread: EB and RS?

Default EB and RS?

I played EB for a few months before i realized i would never have time to actually finish a campaign. So i found a new mod called RS, but i was wondering since i kinda forget a few things about EB. Do they have the same feature were archers and spears actually inflict more damage. I mean like RS had it so if you were hit by a spear you were dead, is EB at all like that?

Also in EBII will religion be factor in the game, if so that will make me want to switch over to that game.
    "If there's no football in heaven...im not going..."

Default Re: EB and RS?

That is an RTW feature that cannot be changed. Missiles have 100% lethality. You'll have to wait for a fair bit for EB2.
    Last edited by bovi; 12-17-2008 at 06:43.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Whew! I thought this was one of those "mod compare" threads!

How can a missile have less than 100% lethality? Getting knocked down by a missile and getting up? My understanding of lethality vs attack is a bit hazy. It always seemed to me that lethality was a needless feature. High lethality and medium attack do not make sense. Why couldn't the two be averaged out for a one single stat? Heh, I must sound like a dunce .

Anyway, what does M2TW have in place of lethality? I heard MiNO no longer had this feature.

There is nothing to replace lethality, except what you proposed. They're combined into attack. As for how a missile can have less than 100% lethality in reality... I'm pretty certain you can understand that if you think over it for a bit.
    Last edited by bovi; 12-17-2008 at 09:16.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Ni dieu ni maître! Senior Member a completely inoffensive name's Avatar
    I live on the org, feeding off of what few thanks are tossed at my posts. It is up to you to make sure I don't starve.
    Blog Entries

I always thought that attack and defense determined if the attack would "hit" the soldier or not and lethality determined whether it killed the soldier. So a high attack but low lethality could generate a fight with multiple hits from soldier A to soldier B but soldier B still wouldn't be dead. I am probably wrong though, I usually spend my free time in the trait file not the EDU.
    Last edited by a completely inoffensive name; 12-17-2008 at 09:27.
    In all these papers we see a love of honest work, an aversion to shams, a caution in the enunciation of conclusions, a distrust of rash generalizations and speculations based on uncertain premises. He was never anxious to add one more guess on doubtful matters in the hope of hitting the truth, or what might pass as such for a time, but was always ready to take infinite pains in the most careful testing of every theory. With these qualities was united a modesty which forbade the pushing of his own claims and desired no reputation except the unsought tribute of competent judges.

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    I always thought that attack and defense determined if the attack would "hit" the soldier or not and lethality determined whether it killed the soldier. So a high attack but low lethality could generate a fight with multiple hits from soldier A to soldier B but soldier B still wouldn't be dead. I am probably wrong though, I usually spend my free time in the trait file not the EDU.
    thats actually correct...
    Those who would give up essential liberties for a perceived sense of security deserve neither liberty nor security--Benjamin Franklin