Thread: Romani family members...

Default Romani family members...

I was just wondering if you included in the script that Gaius Julius or Mark Antony, Octavius, even Constantine, if they appear throughout a Romani campaign game and around what time.
    "If there's no football in heaven...im not going..."

the universal person Member everyone's Avatar

Default Re: Romani family members...

they didn't; those guys would appear too late in the game (or after the game has ended) anyway.

not even julius ceasar?

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Quote Originally Posted by everyone View Post
    they didn't; those guys would appear too late in the game (or after the game has ended) anyway.
    Huh? Caesar, Mark Antony and Octavian appeared well inside the EB period. Especially Caesar, who would come of age by 86 BC and Antony, at 67 BC. But yes, there is no script.

I think he meant players might finished the game before caesar or mark anthony was born.
    - REVENGE!!!
    - A NEW DYNASTY!!!

- a very generous bribe from Yarema

Also, I yet have to see people that have gone past 100 BC.

Why would the team script guys like those? I mean, I can understand Xanthippos, but someone born in 67 BCE? That's unnecessary and weird.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Besides Gaius Iulius Caesar is a name you can get in EB and there is a gens Octavia in the game. I haven't got an Antonius FM until now, so I doubt there is a trait for that gens (So no Marcus Antonius).

Constantinus.... well, why not Churchill for the Casse?

Edit : 500th post
    Last edited by Mediolanicus; 12-18-2008 at 17:52.

--> - Never near Argos - <--

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

Adolf Hitler for Sweboz...that would seriously scare some people. Saddam Husein popping up in Babylonia...You could even get a random Eleutheroi diplomat in India...any glasses guesses who that might be?

But no, EB doesn't script characters that are not already alive and active by 272BC. This would be goign against one of EB's attractions really; changing history and rewriting it in the form of gameplay. Otherwise characters like Hannibal and Scipio Africanus would be popping up everywhere.
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

EB Historian/Artist Member Intrepid Adventurer's Avatar

Part of the fun is to create your own noteworthy generals and rulers! Right now I have a Spurius Iulius Caesar conquering Gaul. ;)

Satalextos Basileus Seron Member satalexton's Avatar

how bout chuck norris the keltoi warlord?

"ΜΗΔΕΝ ΕΩΡΑΚΕΝΑΙ ΦΟΒΕΡΩΤΕΡΟΝ ΚΑΙ ΔΕΙΝΟΤΕΡΟΝ ΦΑΛΑΓΓΟΣ ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΚΗΣ" -Lucius Aemilius Paullus

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hax View Post
    Also, I yet have to see people that have gone past 100 BC.
    Skandinav got to 14ad with a completely historical (as historical as it can be) roman campaign. How cool is that?
    Last edited by ||Lz3||; 12-18-2008 at 23:30.
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

If you say completely that undermines the point of our answers: i.e. Characters.

But that's not bad. That must have taken him a very long time seeing as the Romans dont properly break out of Italy until around 230BC (is that right?)
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

yes... no action out of italy and sicily until 229 bc to be precise

I tried to do it once, but I quit cause I was too lazy to triger the second punic war as it should hehehe too much fiddling with FD and move_characters...
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Is posible to edit a savegame file to modify some of your FM into historic characters?

Example: take "Quintus John Doe" and edit his name to "Scipio Africanus", and modify his stats and traits. (sorry for my english)
    Completed campaigns:
    1.1 Quarthadastim
    1.1 Arverni

Actually playing:
    1.2 Koinon Hellenon

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

No historic characters are spawned in game because the events leading up to their appearance and life are almost impossible to have happen in your campaign. Say you remain allies with Carthage for several decades longer than historically, that one event would change all history following it, including the Julius family and when and who conquers Gaul if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ||Lz3|| View Post
    Skandinav got to 14ad with a completely historical (as historical as it can be) roman campaign. How cool is that?
    Did he write an AAR or something like that?. A link about that would be cool
    Last edited by Berg-i-dum; 12-19-2008 at 03:40.
    "This war between the Romans and Celtiberians is called the fiery War, for while wars in Greece or Asia are settled with one or two pitched battles, the battles there dragged on, only brought to a temporary end by the darkness of the night. Both sides refused to let their courage flag or their bodies tire". Polybius.

Quote Originally Posted by Berg-i-dum View Post
    Did he write an AAR or something like that?. A link about that would be cool
    Neh, he was to lazy/busy to do that

I know he made it cause:

• He posted several pictures in the technical help forum when his Augustan reforms weren't triggering as they should.
    • He's my friend (or I like to consider him as one) , so he told me.
    • I have his savegame from 54bc muahah muahah (He disapeared before I could ask him others =(

As far as AAR go, there are 2 that might interest you
    1- The one made by QuintusSertorius, with an historical approach (as historical as possible), unfortunately his campaign was killed by a CTD on 133bc
    2- TheLord made it to 44bc, before his game was killed by a CTD. However he wasn't playing historical at all.
    Last edited by ||Lz3||; 12-19-2008 at 04:27.
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Thank you for the interesting links Lz3. Damned CTDs, I just had one lol, but well it was my fault this time.

It would be cool to know about some guy who really succesfully had finished the game with EB mod. The *farest I get was with Vanilla, about 50 ac I think, and with EB -first versions- until Marian reforms.
    Last edited by Berg-i-dum; 12-19-2008 at 05:16.
    "This war between the Romans and Celtiberians is called the fiery War, for while wars in Greece or Asia are settled with one or two pitched battles, the battles there dragged on, only brought to a temporary end by the darkness of the night. Both sides refused to let their courage flag or their bodies tire". Polybius.

But technically is possible to edit a character from a savegame?
    Completed campaigns:
    1.1 Quarthadastim
    1.1 Arverni

Actually playing:
    1.2 Koinon Hellenon

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Berg-i-dum View Post
    The *farest I get was with Vanilla, about 50 ac I think,
    You went to 50 BC with VANILLA?!?! Wow! Vanilla RTW was pretty boring, as there were too little provinces, and I usually conquered them very quickly. What did you do all that time? Seriously, just a day ago I opened vanilla and tried out some old savegames just for the heck of it and it sucked miserably. Especially the fact that even my best FMs had no more than 15-20 traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Praetor Diego View Post
    But technically is possible to edit a character from a savegame?
    Theoretically yes. The savegame is stored in a single SAV file, but you can open that file with Notepad and edit it. However, you'd have to be a genius hacker and RTW guy to make sense of all the mumbo-jumbo that shows up. You could make a minor and purposeless edit or two, but I doubt one can make enough sense of that to make any significant change. Just open one of the savgames in the "saves" folder via Notepad and see for yourself. Most of that stuff is encrypted anyway...
    Last edited by Aemilius Paulus; 12-20-2008 at 00:39.

Well I already made the attemp to edit the savegame files with no luck, so I was looking for an editor or tool, but there is none, right?
    Completed campaigns:
    1.1 Quarthadastim
    1.1 Arverni

Actually playing:
    1.2 Koinon Hellenon

It would be waaay easier just to script the new guy in the EBBS. However "waaay easier" doesn't mean easy at all...
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Quote Originally Posted by Aemilius Paulus View Post
    You went to 50 BC with VANILLA?!?! Wow! Vanilla RTW was pretty boring, as there were too little provinces, and I usually conquered them very quickly. What did you do all that time? Seriously, just a day ago I opened vanilla and tried out some old savegames just for the heck of it and it sucked miserably. Especially the fact that even my best FMs had no more than 15-20 traits.
    LOL, yeah Vanilla isnt good. But well when it just came out it seemed really good for me. It was my first campaign so I even playing at medium level it was hard for me but I finished the game and continued playing until about 50 before C., I was trying to conquest all the map -I finally didnt it-. If I remember ok hehe. It was long time ago. And even after that I began a greek campaing and then a Gaul one.

One thing that helps to get that year are the one turn per year :)

Ok so just to make sure because this post kinda went off topic...Will Gaius Julius or Mark Antony ever show up?

Nein.